Should President Trump coopt aspects of the Andrew Yang platform?

Should President Trump coopt some aspects of the Andrew Yang platform?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not until after he wins re-election in November of 2020

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No... but he should consider setting up President Pence for 2024 with a variation of it.

• I think that he should put this idea in front of his advisors to see what they can come up with????

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This may sound at first like the most astoundingly stupid idea that you have ever heard in your life, (or at least perhaps in this last decade), but..... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus once asked a question of the Scribes and Pharisees that got me thinking that there could be some instances in which the full extent of the extreme set of circumstances that we are in must be taken into consideration before a truly ethical and wise decision can be made.

Sabbath observance under extreme conditions....

Several years ago I heard an interview by CIA economist Mr. Jim Rickards that was done in 2014 in which he claimed that there were seven hundred and ten trillion dollars in the worldwide Derivatives markets and.......
expressed concerns about a possible one hundred trillion dollar meltdown in the Derivatives markets that could spread to other markets and set in motion a Bear Market, (another 1929)!

The Andrew Yang campaign has a proposal that could be argued might just be one of the best possible antidotes to the PESSIMISM that could set the Derivatives markets into a tail spin.

Andrew Yang for President 2020

My platform revolves around 3 proposals:
  1. Universal Basic Income of $1k/month per adult ("the Freedom Dividend");
  2. Evolution to the next stage of capitalism, "Human Capitalism" geared toward optimizing around human well-being in addition to GDP; and
  3. Single-payer healthcare—necessary in the aftermath of job reduction.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We Canadians had what I consider to be a truly brilliant Bank of Canada policy that was set in motion by Liberal Prime Minister Mackenzie King in 1938. We used it effectively until 1974 when then P. M. Pierre E. Trudeau was somehow convinced to abandon what sure sounds to me like a brilliant policy.

I have reason to suspect that great pressure was put on P. M. Pierre E. Trudeau so that a highly unethical scheme could be sold in America.

Whether the idea of a Great Wealth Transfer from the relatively wicked to the relatively righteous is true or false is one topic.......
but whether or not it has great potential ARTISTIC value that can be transformed into psychological value, (OPTIMISM), EDUCATIONAL value, diplomatic value and yes..... ECONOMIC VALUE FOR THE LONG TERM..... is actually a separate topic that should be looked at objectively..........

The logic for the Great Wealth Transfer from the wicked to the righteous...

Here is the link to the forty six minute video interview by CIA economist that I only recommend the first thirty minutes of because his final fifteen minutes of conclusion is essentially irrelevant to anybody who is not already investing at the minimum millions of dollars.

My proposal on the other hand could be relevant to all three hundred and thirty million Americans and could set the stage for a massive positive shift here in Canada as well.

Could a Basic Minimum Income for all Americans decrease abortions?

post #6:

I could be wrong... .I often am but I do suspect at least some connection between Roe vs Wade happening in 1973 and then one year later Prime Minister Pierre E. Trudeau is somehow talked into making what I believe may be the most serious error by a sitting Canadian Prime Minister in the last six decades.

It would have been impossible to arrange the following surge in the national debt of the USA:

The Public-Debt Problem
Written by Alain Pilote on Monday, 30 June 1986. Posted in In This Age of Plenty (book)

us-public-debt-graphic.jpg

If Canada had continued with the rather brilliant central banking policies that we had had from 1939 - 1974.

canada-public-debt.jpg

OPEC oil prices were one factor in this......
but so perhaps were the ideas of Thomas Robert Malthus :
Malthusianism is the idea that population growth is potentially exponential while the growth of the food supply is linear. It derives from the political and economic thought of the Reverend Thomas Robert Malthus, as laid out in his 1798 writings, An Essay on the Principle of Population. Malthus believed there were two types of "checks" that in all times and places kept population growth in line with the growth of the food supply: "preventive checks", such as moral restraints (abstinence, delayed marriage until finances become balanced), and restricting marriage against persons suffering poverty or perceived as defective, and "positive checks", which lead to premature death such as disease, starvation and war, resulting in what is called a Malthusian catastrophe. The catastrophe would return population to a lower, more "sustainable", level.[1][2] Malthusianism has been linked to a variety of political and social movements, but almost always refers to advocates of population control.[3]

Neo-Malthusianism is the advocacy of population control programs to ensure resources for current and future populations.[2] In Britain the term 'Malthusian' can also refer more specifically to arguments made in favour of preventive birth control, hence organizations such as the Malthusian League.[4] Neo-Malthusians differ from Malthus's theories mainly in their enthusiasm for contraception. Malthus, a devout Christian, believed that "self-control" (abstinence) was preferable to artificial birth control. In some editions of his essay, Malthus did allow that abstinence was unlikely to be effective on a wide scale, thus advocating the use of artificial means of birth control as a solution to population "pressure".[5] Modern "neo-Malthusians" are generally more concerned than Malthus with environmental degradation and catastrophic famine than with poverty.

Here are the statistics for deaths among African Americans since 1973:

Abortion............15.5 million
Heart disease.....2,715, 416
Cancer ...............2,568,040
Accidents ..............447,803
Violent crimes .......354,392
AIDS .....................245,322

The Bank of Canada Must Finance our Country, Debt-Free
on Wednesday, 01 March 1995. Posted in In This Age of Plenty (book)
The creation of money

“One of the most pervasive myths about the government deficit is that governments which spend more than they receive in revenue must borrow the difference, thus increasing the public debt.

“In fact, a government can choose to create the needed additional money instead of borrowing it from the banks, the public, or foreigners.

“Business and the conservatives in politics and the media are horrified by the suggestion that the government exercise its right to create more money. They claim it would precipitate another ruinous bout of inflation.

“But money creation is money creation — whether by a private bank or the Bank of Canada. And a government in debt only to the government's own bank is not really in debt at all. If it wants to go through the rigamarole of having the Treasury «borrow» from the central bank and later pay interest, that is a minor matter of bookkeeping. As long as the central bank's profits are returned to the Treasury, the results are much the same as if the Treasury had created the money itself.

“There is no reason why the growth of Canada's money supply (averaging about $22 billion annually in recent years) could not be more substantially created by the Bank of Canada. If that policy had been followed, the federal government would not have been obliged to add to its debts to pay interest on old debts. Instead, the Bank of Canada has produced barely 2% of the money added in recent years, while the chartered banks added the rest as they made loans to households, businesses, and all levels of government. At the very least, the Bank of Canada and the chartered banks should share the privilege of creating money on a 50-50 basis.

“Those who dismiss such a proposal as “inflationary” should be required to explain why it would be more inflationary for the government's bank to create $11 billion and the private banks $11 billion, rather than the present practice of having the government's bank create $0.7 billion and the private banks $21.3 billion!

“Clearly the current problem of the Canadian government's deficit is not its absolute size, or its size relative to the GDP, but the insane way it is being financed. A return to the policies of the World War II era, when the Bank of Canada produced almost one-half of the new money at near-zero interest, would do wonders for the economy, while greatly shrinking the deficit... The first order of business for a post-Mulroney-era government must be to regain effective control of the Bank of Canada and make it the primary source of money creation.

“It is ludicrous for the government to put billions of dollars into circulation by borrowing from the private banks, when it can create the extra money it needs, virtually free.”

(1) Harold Chorney, Concordia U.; John Hotson, U. of Waterloo; Mario Seccareccia, Ottawa U.;

Upvote 0