• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Should people living in sin be rejected from the church

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by BNR32FAN, May 17, 2018.

1. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,323
    Christian
    Single
    Seem constantly calling posts irrelevant is your way of dodging content.

Duly noted.

No idea what you mean with the "deed" comment.

2. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,634
    Christian
    Married
    ^^This is what the OP was about^^. At least some people are getting that.

3. Kenny'sID

+5,323
    Christian
    Single
    Yep, and?

No go check all your posts and be sure you didn't sway from that OP even once, then cast your stones..

My guess is you have a "do as I say. not as I do" thing going on here.

4. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,634
    Christian
    Married
    "Deed" - you accuse me of ignorance. Here is the post I was referring to:

"Besides, I already rested my case with this:

It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father’s wife. You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst. (1 Corinthians 5:1-2 NASB)"

The underlined referred to one specific deed - "the one" who did "this deed" - sleeping with his father's wife. Yet you said it didn't apply to just this. Huh. I'll stick with the Bible, not what you think it says.

5. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,634
    Christian
    Married
    I have been consistent throughout this thread. You are free to provide evidence otherwise, or retract your false accusation.

6. Jon Osterman

Jon Osterman Well-Known Member

+460
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Is it? I think Solomon may have disagreed.

7. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,634
    Christian
    Married
    And in my life, I have personally attended a church for a period of time without joining or considering myself a member. The ones I have attended have membership classes or a process to become a member. Some of those requirements included confessing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, repenting of sins, being baptized, etc.

But that's not what the OP was talking about, and has clarified that on numerous occasions.

8. Gwen-is-new!

Gwen-is-new! The Lord is my rock!

+208
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Thanks for being the first to reference scripture! Seems Paul's letter talk a lot about this :)

9. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,398
    Anabaptist
    Back to the OP,
    did you ever then look up and read in God's Word where He says to do that ?
    If so, does God's Word to do this still shock you ?

10. Gwen-is-new!

Gwen-is-new! The Lord is my rock!

+208
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Maybe that is why the modern churches came up to "membership"...

11. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,398
    Anabaptist
    Proverbs 19:1 (ESV) - Better is a poor person - Blue Letter Bible
    Proverbs 19:1 (ESV)
    Proverbs 19 - Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.

12. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,338
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Look, you are welcome to believe whatever you want. What I am saying is, that the Hebrew language very clearly shows perhaps not three "levels," maybe that wasn't the best word, but 3 different concepts that in English we tend to consider as one concept, sin. Now, your reply reveals that you didn't understand my point or didn't really give it a chance. If "chata'ah" is unintentional, then murder can't be chata'ah because there IS intent with murder.

If you are in an argument with a man and it gets heated and you push him. If he then falls, hits his head and dies... you did not murder him, but the act is still sin because you ceased (at least for a moment) reflecting the character of the Lord and took a life in the process. Perhaps you might go and read where I defined the three words we tend to view as sin? It should take all of 2-3 minutes and will reveal as aspect of the language that we don't generally teach in the church but that DOES effect context.

Should people living in sin be rejected from the church

13. Kenny'sID

+5,323
    Christian
    Single
    And I was supposed to know that...how? when what you quoted was not that. Dude, that's on you. You are now getting a bit dishonest.

Consistently crying irrelevant, just as I said. Not sure what you mean there, you completely jumped off the subject of my post. Retract the accusation you have cried irrelevant more than once here? Why? Was that not a fact.

Unbelievable.

14. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Somebody's heretic Supporter

+1,396
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Solomon sinned.

15. sunlover1

sunlover1 Beloved, Let us love one another

+4,173
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    None of those things were mentioned in Scripture:
    wearing pants, hair color, make up, buns or heels.

But the things mentioned in the OP ARE addressed
    in the Bible.
    And saying so doesn't make one a hypocrite,

16. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,634
    Christian
    Married
    The copy/paste did not do well. These are the actual quotes regarding "the deed":

As you can see, you accuse me of being ignorant. I have shown that is not the case.

Being off topic to the OP and constructing a strawman is somehow relevant? OK, believe what you wish, but you have been constantly advocating a position that was not in the OP. It wasn't I that "completely jumped off the subject".

It's sad that you have to resort to personal insults ("ignorant", "cried", "dishonest") and cannot admit you are talking about something different that I and the OP were.

17. sunlover1

+4,173
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Actually, although that SOUNDS lovely, it's not true.
    It's "true" that man sins.
    where's the love in that?
    Yet it's still 'truth'.
    OTOH, there's no LOVE, in lies.
    Pope, he being lying (in the news) today :(

18. Kenny'sID

+5,323
    Christian
    Single
    Na' you are clearly making something from nothing. Not one of those are name calling.

"Ignorant", means no more than you aren't aware of something, something all of us are at one time or another. "Ignoramus" would have been a name.

"Cried" simply means you protested. Cry baby would have been a name.

"dishonest" is what you were there, a fact, if it's insulting for others to say what they saw you do, then don't do it, but shifting the blame isn't going to help matters. "Dishonest #$%T$#" would have been a name.

But you will see what you want to be there regardless, if it's to your advantage, because you need the advantage...understand what's happening here now?

See, in reality, you know you have no leg to stand on here so you start this mess. Go ahead and make whatever you wish out of whatever you wish, but leave me out of your desperation to be right, when wrong, that's something you need to deal with on your own now that you know what's up..

19. Kenny'sID

+5,323
    Christian
    Single
    Always the same pretty words designed to cover the truth, make the truth sayer look bad and to make themselves/their ideas look good.

20. sunlover1

+4,173
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    You're going to get some groups who lie and say it's all good to go with your lusts.
    other groups who condemn all who aren't like them.
    Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom!