Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since the age of 13... but life has drawn me closer and closer to Him, so the Love grows in response to His Love.

:)

How long have you been in Love with Jesus?
Since i was a little girl.
He's my everything.
Thank you Father!

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gave me the power to get up and shake my booty.....

giphy.gif

Love IT!!!! Why can’t I hit the heart and the laughter response for the same post! Good Song and that Baby is Awesome!!! :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Love IT!!!! Why can’t I hit the heart and the laughter response for the same post! Good Song and that Baby is Awesome!!! :)
I heard that President Trump has that song come on when his alarm clock goes off :)

Exodus 9:16
“But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Good examples. As Yahweh Says in Scripture - when people approve of sexual perversion, "when the eye is dark",
the whole body (likewise the whole mind)
is full of darkness.

This is revealed "openly" in their posts, approving of other sins also.

Repentance is far from them. They cannot turn to Yahweh, or come to the light, because their deeds (their lives) are evil, and they hate the light.

Being judgmental makes ones deeds evil, too.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Being judgmental makes ones deeds evil, too.
Not according to Scripture.

Your deeds are evil only if your deeds are evil.

Otherwise, the way you say it, according to Scripture your thoughts and your heart is evil for calling something evil that is good, and likewise for pretending something is okay that is evil.

If you obey Yahweh, as Jesus said and did and taught, then the judgment is Yahweh's , which all the followers of Jesus learn and trust in.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Not according to Scripture.

Your deeds are evil only if your deeds are evil.

Otherwise, the way you say it, according to Scripture your thoughts and your heart is evil for calling something evil that is good, and likewise for pretending something is okay that is evil.

If you obey Yahweh, as Jesus said and did and taught, then the judgment is Yahweh's , which all the followers of Jesus learn and trust in.

Truth without love is no truth at all.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brings to mind theses verses:

Jerem 17:10
I YAHWEH, searching heart, examining the affections/kidneys/ 03629 kilyah
and giving to man ways of him, as fruit of his doings.
[Revelation 2:23]
Reve 2:23
And the offspring of her I shall be killing in death,
And shall be knowing all the Assemblies that I AM the One searching affections/kidneys/nefrouV <3510> and hearts
and I shall be giving to ye each according to the works of ye
. [Jeremiah 17:10]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people are conflating visitors to a church service as being members of the Body of Christ.
Many groups do not make that distinction.

In one congregation I attended, the pastor asked those who had been regulars there for years to make a statement of affiliation (way short of membership) stating that congregation was where they usually attended. Almost half of the congregation left and never came back.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many groups do not make that distinction.

In one congregation I attended, the pastor asked those who had been regulars there for years to make a statement of affiliation (way short of membership) stating that congregation was where they usually attended. Almost half of the congregation left and never came back.

So the question is: What were they there for in the first place? Did they think going to church was just some kind of good luck charm?

Or, in a society where churchgoing provided social advantages, did they just want to have an answer when someone asked, "What church do you attend?"

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the one that said such things would have worn trousers, any make up, had hairdye, a perm, any hairdoe except a tight bun, high heels, listened to radio She would have been a big sinner 70 years ago in my moms church. Slander and gluttony was ok though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So the question is: What were they there for in the first place?
They liked the congregation and the music.
Did they think going to church was just some kind of good luck charm?
No.
Or, in a society where churchgoing provided social advantages, did they just want to have an answer when someone asked, "What church do you attend?"
Not that either.

They just had a visceral reaction to being officially a part of a congregation, it limited their "freedom in Christ." They wanted to be accountable to no one.

It was too close to "membership" which they bitterly opposed.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They just had a visceral reaction to being officially a part of a congregation, it limited their "freedom in Christ." They wanted to be accountable to no one.

Being part of a congregation is about mutual accountability, mutual support, and mutual obligation.

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. -- Galatians 6

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being part of a congregation is about mutual accountability, mutual support, and mutual obligation.
To those that left it was just "me and Jesus" and no one else. They wanted no accountability or obligation; and did not want to give any support.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What place is there in the church for unrepentant sinners?
Well my mom was an evangelist and married a divorced man, who became my father. They did not kick them out but since they were married they were one year denied communion. My dads wife left Him and wanted a divorce and later He found mom. Ever since that particular church has looked upon us kids as bastard christians.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
So the question is: What were they there for in the first place? Did they think going to church was just some kind of good luck charm?

And I thought I was afraid of commitment. Wow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well my mom was an evangelist and married a divorced man, who became my father. They did not kick them out but since they were married they were one year denied communion. My dads wife left Him and wanted a divorce and later He found mom. Ever since that particular church has looked upon us kids as bastard christians.
Yep. I am familiar with that dynamic.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

A bigamous marriage is sinful. Adultery is sinful. Fornication is sinful. Having kids outside of wedlock is sinful.

But none of those sins should be applied to the children, as it was not the children who committed them.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some of you simply refuse to see the difference between living in sin and sinning. It's been commented on/explained several times here, and it's actually starting to be rather comical to see some still pretending they are clueless of the difference. I think it really is a true mental block put up because some want so bad to live in sin and still get to heaven...pretty amazing yet sad to actually watch this play out.

You choose to complicate a very simple concept of either trying to be good by doing our best, and choosing not to by living in sin. They aren't even close to the same, and once again, considering a few things that happened here, I think the reason you refuse to see, is because you "want" it to be true so you or someone you love can live in sin and still be fine, but that just is not biblical reality, it's only some mess some preachers teach in order to give people what they want. That works for the preachers for a few reasons, and I hope no one is paying someone who promotes lies about bible....bad idea..

Spin, purposely confuse it, or pretend you have no idea the difference as you like, that doesn't change what the bible says, decidedly living in sin is going to get us what it always has...hell, no matter how badly we want it to be different..

If you care for your eternity, stop it, if you care for that of someone else, do all you can to get them to stop it, but I can assure you, pretending won't make it go away.

But these people who are living in sin are coming to hear the word of God. Why do you think they want to hear the word of God? Let them hear it so that they can learn that their sinful way of live will lead them to the lake of fire. The life changing process takes time. A couple who is living together unmarried is often looking towards the future and getting married in the future. There are often circumstances like financial situations that they may not be able to support themselves on their own and while they know they are currently living in sin their faith isn’t strong enough to trust in God to make things work out. Like I said before it took me over a year to finally stop living in sin. I had to surround myself with God and Christians for my change to take place. I had a inappropriate contentography addiction so I went on eBay and bought a bunch of pictures of Jesus to hang on my walls all over my house as constant reminders. I had to hang a cross on my rear view mirror in my car to remind me to stay calm and not get road rage giving people the finger and cursing. I immersed myself in the word of God constantly reading the Bible and going to bible study. I had to make new friends who would help me and give me support. People that I could trust and confide in when I stumbled and they would pray for me and help me get back on the right path. I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS ON MY OWN. WITHOUT THEIR HELP I WOULDVE FAILED. They took me in and mentored me and gave me unconditional love and support. They made me feel accepted and loved. They understood that it takes time for The Lord to work in us. For some people it may take more time than others. If they’re not causing a disturbance or a disruption to the church then what harm is there in allowing them to attend the church? The church in Corinth didn’t mourn the man who was sleeping with his father’s wife and were puffed up. So they were condoning what the man was doing and Paul told them to remove the man temporarily as a test of their obedience. As far as the difference between living in sin and committing sin we are all living in sin. Living in sin is repeatedly committing the same sins over and over. Who doesn’t repeatedly commit the same sins over and over? If we didn’t repeat the same sins over and over it wouldn’t be long until we are completely sin free. What it comes down to is comparing righteousness.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But these people who are living in sin are coming to hear the word of God.

If you will carefully read the scripture that keeps getting posted here, I believe you will find that covered, in that if these people are in your church, you go talk to them about their ongoing sin, if that doesn't work, then bring them before the Church counsel, and if that doesn't work, don't even eat with them.

If you then become repentant, then maybe you'll get your desired treatment you mention, or maybe not. They may treat you well outside the church to help you, then let you back in once the problem is solved. I won't pretend to know all of how any church will handle this, but there is a way just the same to deal with both needs, the need for the church not to have those in blatant/ongoing sin in their "midst" and a way to help them get out of that ongoing sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Case still rested for reasons given. Anyone who disagrees with the bibles view, that's entirely up to them. and if you think that scripture just goes for sleeping with "mothers in law" in particular, I'll leave you in your ignorance.
Irrelevance noted. I guess "this deed" doesn't mean "this deed" then? Huh.

Upvote 0