Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, but there aren't different levels of sin, it's the same force that drives one person to lie, cheat or steal that drives another to rape and murder.

James 2:10 makes that clear and 1 Corinthians 15:54-56 backs you up in full.

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sure... 2nd Corinthians comes after first Corinthians... and 2nd Corinthians 2 follows up with grace to the man discussed in 1 Corinthians 5 ... and shunning is connected to a device of Satan...

But hey... who wants to read the whole bible... right???

Pet verses to condemn are awesome...

God forbid the “Spiritually Lazy” brethren like yourself have to read a whole letter then follow it up with the follow up letter... with the Grace of God ... who straight (John 3:16... 1 John 2:2)ed for (Mark 2:17 ... Luke 19:10 ... Romans 3:10 ... Romans 5:8) in Their mind.

Have fun with James 2:10 and Romans 2:1

That’s the tip of the Double Edged Sword you blindly stab with.... got the point?

Probably not...
Wow, what a gift you have been given, you must consider yourself truly blessed. You have the ability to discern, from a few words, how often a person reads the Bible, that they don grasp the message found there, You effortlessly see, without a word on my part I use just certain verses to condemn people, whew, I am in awe. I bet you don´t even use a crystal ball. Friend, I have debated them all, atheists, abiogenesisists, evolutionists, homosexual apologists, universalists, people who use bastardized translations, salvationists by works, denominationalists, traditionalists, spiritualists the whole gamut, including self justified arrogant judgemental twits. You haven´t a clue about me, my education, my theological knowledge, my salvation. Don´t have the temerity to think you do. Your exegesis is faulty, from what I can see you knowledge of Grace is perverted and your point, such as it is, has little Biblical foundation. I suspect I was teaching and preaching before you were born. So, are we going to start again without the folderol ? If not, adieu.
Love growing cold? Gracelessness? Flavorless Salt?

Did you miss the importance of this? (Turkey's Erdogan Calls For Islamic World To Unite Against Israel's 'Tyranny')

Probably!

The widow is crying out and the world is mocking her!

Brick and Mortar Churches have grown fat with grace unto themselves and empty of Love for others!!! (Not All... but a good many!)

Stoke the flames of hell with judgment and condemnation!

I’ve had these debates over and over!

There are people that confess their sins... one to another and live to proclaim how Great His Love and Mercy is (Luke 7:47) .. and there are liars (1 John 1:8 ... John 8:7) that lie to God and themselves... while condemning with the sword of the Law that was never theirs to wield!

Clear Enough for you?!?

Probably Not!

PS... It's time for me to chill out! I’m disgusted at the collective hypocrisy many are pumping out here and I think you were the unfortunate recipient of my disgust...

Love you Sibling in Him... just please know the Love is fading and the fullness of the Gentiles is nearing... which is bad... because that means many are in danger of losing the ability to here how far reaching and unstoppable His Love and Forgivness really is!!!
Sure... 2nd Corinthians comes after first Corinthians... and 2nd Corinthians 2 follows up with grace to the man discussed in 1 Corinthians 5 ... and shunning is connected to a device of Satan...

But hey... who wants to read the whole bible... right???

Pet verses to condemn are awesome...

God forbid the “Spiritually Lazy” brethren like yourself have to read a whole letter then follow it up with the follow up letter... with the Grace of God ... who straight (John 3:16... 1 John 2:2)ed for (Mark 2:17 ... Luke 19:10 ... Romans 3:10 ... Romans 5:8) in Their mind.

Have fun with James 2:10 and Romans 2:1

That’s the tip of the Double Edged Sword you blindly stab with.... got the point?

Probably not...

Love growing cold? Gracelessness? Flavorless Salt?

Did you miss the importance of this? (Turkey's Erdogan Calls For Islamic World To Unite Against Israel's 'Tyranny')

Probably!

The widow is crying out and the world is mocking her!

Brick and Mortar Churches have grown fat with grace unto themselves and empty of Love for others!!! (Not All... but a good many!)

Stoke the flames of hell with judgment and condemnation!

I’ve had these debates over and over!

There are people that confess their sins... one to another and live to proclaim how Great His Love and Mercy is (Luke 7:47) .. and there are liars (1 John 1:8 ... John 8:7) that lie to God and themselves... while condemning with the sword of the Law that was never theirs to wield!

Clear Enough for you?!?

Probably Not!

PS... It's time for me to chill out! I’m disgusted at the collective hypocrisy many are pumping out here and I think you were the unfortunate recipient of my disgust...

Love you Sibling in Him... just please know the Love is fading and the fullness of the Gentiles is nearing... which is bad... because that means many are in danger of losing the ability to here how far reaching and unstoppable His Love and Forgivness really is!!!

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mis-using Scripture to try to prove a pet doctrine doesn't work.

Man oh man... you hit the nail on the head!!! When are you going to take that to heart...

:D

I say Jesus came to save sinners...

And you’re disagreeing? Or... Agreeing?

Did you ever answer... this???

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you...

Are you “A” saved by Jesus ALONE, Who stood condemned in place for your life debt of SIN...

Or...

“B” Saved by Your Righteousness in the Flesh...

Or....

“C” Co-Savior with Jesus as a now perfect person that never sins in the flesh...

PS... 1 Corinthians 15:54-56 and Hebrews 2:14 with James 2:10 and 1 John 1:8 thought of together...??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but there aren't different levels of sin, it's the same force that drives one person to lie, cheat or steal that drives another to rape and murder.
There are two types of sin, unintentional and and intentional. Not knowing what you are doing is a sin, and knowing it is and doing it anyway. We all are guilty of both.

Upvote 0

2consider

Sep 2, 2015
✟11,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Cor 5:9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

An immoral person in this context is someone who knows they are sinning and refuses to repent.
Anything less than perfection is immorality. God establishes moral absolutes, he doesn't grade on a curve.
What is right and wrong is written in our hearts, we know what is wrong because we know when someone does something wrong to us. Anyone that does anything to someone else they wouldn't want done to them is immoral.

It doesn't matter if you know what you're doing is sinning or not. Sin is in our nature, it could be compared to a part of our genetic make up. The sin nature of man is what needs to be addressed, trying to address sinning is treating the symptom and not the cure.

Compare flight to flying. Flight is a concept based on principles of nature, flying is the manifestation of the concept. There is sin and there is sinning, sinning is just the manifestation of a sin.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are two types of sin, unintentional and and intentional. Not knowing what you are doing is a sin, and knowing it is and doing it anyway. We all are guilty of both.

Nope!!!

Omission and Comission...

We are all guilty of both, daily!

Puh-lease

The “I don’t sin in the flesh anymore lie” is such a whopper, that even atheist’s smell it a mile away!

People better wake up and be honest or the whole enchilada will be gone!

Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Anything less than perfection is immorality. God establishes moral absolutes, he doesn't grade on a curve.
What is right and wrong is written in our hearts, we know what is wrong because we know when someone does something wrong to us. Anyone that does anything to someone else they wouldn't want done to them is immoral.

It doesn't matter if you know what you're doing is sinning or not. Sin is in our nature, it could be compared to a part of our genetic make up. The sin nature of man is what needs to be addressed, trying to address sinning is treating the symptom and not the cure.

Compare flight to flying. Flight is a concept based on principles of nature, flying is the manifestation of the concept. There is sin and there is sinning, sinning is just the manifestation of a sin.

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhh... I only sin twice a day...

I can totally judge a three-time-a-dayer!

:D

• Haha
Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

2consider

Sep 2, 2015
✟11,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin is not what we do, it's what we are. What we do is a reflection of what we are. Stopping bad behavior is great, but it doesn't address our sin nature, that is where the problem originates.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2consider

Sep 2, 2015
✟11,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I only sin once a day, it starts when I wake up, and ends when I go to sleep.

Shoot! That means I’m a filthy Twice a dayer to you... please don’t cast me from your midst!!!! :D

And Amen! Who will save us from this body of death?!? :)

Upvote 0

2consider

Sep 2, 2015
✟11,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope!!!

Omission and Comission...

We are all guilty of both, daily!

Puh-lease

The “I don’t sin in the flesh anymore lie” is such a whopper, that even atheist’s smell it a mile away!

People better wake up and be honest or the whole enchilada will be gone!
Wake up and be honest, truer words are rarely spoken. We have to be honest with ourselves, we all deserve eternal damnation, it's only through God's plan of grace that we have any chance.

So to the topic of living in sin, we are all living in sin.

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

No, sin is clearly defined through the pages of the NT, it has nothing to do with how someone feels about what you are doing or not doing. If you do what is defined as a sin, you are sinning. We are all sinners and no sin is worse than another. We have a nature predisposed to sin. We can be justified by Christś substituionary sacrifice, but it doesn´t end there. We are given power through the Spirit to fight our sinful nature. Grace saves us from our sin, not in our sin. If one gives up in this fight, in using the power of the Spirit, that in itself is a sin. Those who preach that Grace just means forgiveness are dead wrong. It is unmerited favor, and part of that favor is power to fight sin. No one achieves perfection, the Cross is unmerited favor as well, but those who are not advancing against the sin in their lives are regressing, falling away. God makes no compromises with sin.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wake up and be honest, truer words are rarely spoken. We have to be honest with ourselves, we all deserve eternal damnation, it's only through God's plan of grace that we have any chance.

So to the topic of living in sin, we are all living in sin.

Amen!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!

Paul even says that we would have to leave this earth to get away from evil people... when he is discussing being absent from the body... present with the Lord!

So... what else does that leave if I have to die to get away from sinful people?!?

Me!!! I have to literally die to be away from sin!!!!

The mark is Jesus and we miss that one day after day!!!!

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, sin is clearly defined through the pages of the NT, it has nothing to do with how someone feels about what you are doing or not doing. If you do what is defined as a sin, you are sinning. We are all sinners and no sin is worse than another. We have a nature predisposed to sin. We can be justified by Christś substituionary sacrifice, but it doesn´t end there. We are given power through the Spirit to fight our sinful nature. Grace saves us from our sin, not in our sin. If one gives up in this fight, in using the power of the Spirit, that in itself is a sin. Those who preach that Grace just means forgiveness are dead wrong. It is unmerited favor, and part of that favor is power to fight sin. No one achieves perfection, the Cross is unmerited favor as well, but those who are not advancing against the sin in their lives are regressing, falling away. God makes no compromises with sin.

Read 1 Corinthians 15:53-56!!!

You’re not correct!

It spells it out plainly what defines sin and Hebrews 2:14 explains who misused that tool of God’s!

Spoiler alert... the one who misused it... was defeated by the ONE and Only incorruptible ONE.

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sin is not what we do, it's what we are. What we do is a reflection of what we are. Stopping bad behavior is great, but it doesn't address our sin nature, that is where the problem originates.
Of course the problem originates there, but what is the problem, committing sin. What we do, say, think, all of it, if it is against what is defined in scripture, it is sin. So, we are all depraved,rotten to the core. How are you going to address your sin nature ? What does Scripture tell you to do ?

Upvote 0

2consider

Sep 2, 2015
✟11,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shoot! That means I’m a filthy Twice a dayer to you... please don’t cast me from your midst!!!! :D

And Amen! Who will save us from this body of death?!? :)
I like the way you think. That might be a scary idea, if you know how I think. Here's an example...

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Read 1 Corinthians 15:53-56!!!

You’re not correct!

It spells it out plainly what defines sin and Hebrews 2:14 explains who misused that tool of God’s!

Spoiler alert... the one who misused it... was defeated by the ONE and Only incorruptible ONE.
I see, are those your pet verses ?

Upvote 0