Should people be allowed to worship a god of hate?

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hate speech is not permitted,

It is in the US. We have this thing called "the First Amendment," which is very useful, because in Europe, Canada and Australia, Christians have been penalized under the false accusation of Hate Speech for stating what the Bible says about various social issues.

That same ammendment also ensures people can worship whatever they want.

I think the First Amendment is a very good thing.

Yes, we do have to put up with abusive cults like Scientology, to a point, and with disagreeable religions like Salafist Islam, or the Westboro "Baptists", but the flipside is that our own ability to practice even unusual belief systems is protected.

And when things get really illegal, for example, paedophilia cults, appropriate action is taken.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I mean you're offering a false dichotomy. There are other possible answers for the situation you describe.

Why was my interpretation wrong?

Why Does Satan Hates Humanity So Much?

As mentioned above, Satan’s main agenda is to drag humanity to eternal destruction along with himself. Shockingly, he makes use of people in order to accomplish that. In many cases, he inspires influential people in order to bring forth all kind of bad doctrines, ideologies, philosophies, beliefs, and so forth in a way to deceive as many people as he can. Surprisingly, many people who are ensnared in his trap don’t even realize that he really exists. Or they don’t even realize that they are being used by him.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I do not quite understand the question, or rather the use of the term "Allow"
Allow would suggest that someone else has the right or privilege to choose for someone else, or that someone needs someone else's permission, and in reality, no one does.

I had mentioned this on another post. I have or had a long time friend, someone I worked with, going back 20 years. He was what I considered, one of the world's best examples of someone who lives the Christian faith, he was kind, peaceful, loving. He loved to talk about Jesus. He loved to teach, not preach or condemn, but yet he was well versed in scripture and always had time to hear of others faith and struggles. He was the first to help out when someone needed something.

Several years ago, he and his family joined one of the Baptist congregations in the town where he lives. Now even though this congregation calls itself "First Baptist" They are not the largest, in fact, they are one of the smallest. But in the time after joining, I have watched him digress from a peaceful loving Christian to a sour , hateful, pathetic example of humanity. And it makes me sad to see this.

A couple of years ago, I sent him a Link to a particular theologian, who does books and webinars which focus on living as CHristians in the 21st century, living with Love as our guide.

He forwarded me a letter he sent to this guy, one of those "I hope you die and burn in hell forever" Types of things.

Anytime we would get together, it was only "Oh I hate that, I hate him, I hate those people, That scares me....etc"
He never used to word "Hate" until he became part of this congregation.

Now what I do know about this congregation: They are very conservative, almost cult like in that they discourage the members from any relationships or dealings with anyone who is outside of the church, whenever possible. Their message of fear and hate, their interpretation of God as a God of wrath, fear, vengeance, means that the people too live in hate. Hate enough to destroy bonds built over the years.

I do not like it. But I also realize that there is little I can do about it, except be the good example. He has his freedom to choose, and he has made his choice. While I would never get involved with something like this church, Sadly, some do, and perhaps do not even realize how damaging it can be to their lives.
In the end, though, being the good example, loving unconditionally, bringing no fear but continuing to foster a community and world of love and peace is the best example to those who follow a hate religion.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hate speech is not permitted, but any worship is. Should hate worship or worship of a god of hate be permitted?
I dont think worshiping a God of hate should be permitted. In the example of Satanism. I think Satanism should be banned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In what sense? Close down devil worship organizations and don't allow them to build places of worship?
Yes exactly. The closing down of devil worship organizations and not allowing them to build places of worship. I feel Satanism should be banned.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Should hate worship or worship of a god of hate be permitted?

Seems it's been around since the beginning of time.

If they know it or not, all who do not worship God worship the devil.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are they trying to copy/mock Christianity?

Do you think this stuff would exist if the Bible didn't talk about the devil? This question is irrelevant though.
Yes, they are trying to copy and mock Christianity. I dont think it would exist without the Bible but it simply needs to be banned.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, they are trying to copy and mock Christianity. I dont think it would exist without the Bible but it simply needs to be banned.

Didn't aztecs and caananites commit ritual abuse?

Banned in what sense? The scary thing is a lot of this devil stuff is on the internet-even youtube.

Upvote 0