Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Ten reasons why men should not be pastors/ministers:

10. A man's place is in the military.

9. For men who have children, their duties might distract them from the responsibilities of being a parent.

8. Their physical build indicates that men are more suited to tasks such as chopping down trees and wrestling mountain lions. It would be "unnatural" for them to do other forms of work.

7. Man was created before woman. It is therefore obvious that man was a prototype. Thus, they represent an experiment, rather than the crowning achievement of creation.

6. Men are too emotional to be priests or pastors. This is easily demonstrated by their conduct at football games and watching basketball tournaments.

5. Some men are handsome; they will distract women worshipers.

4. To be ordained pastor is to nurture the congregation. But this is not a traditional male role. Rather, throughout history, women have been considered to be not only more skilled than men at nurturing, but also more frequently attracted to it. This makes them the obvious choice for ordination.

3. Men are overly prone to violence. No really manly man wants to settle disputes by any means other than by fighting about it. Thus, they would be poor role models, as well as being dangerously unstable in positions of leadership.

2. Men are too "visual" and too sexual. Everyone knows that when a beautiful woman is in view, men are unable to control their thoughts and urges. Just look at Samson. Men, therefore, cannot be trusted to give Godly counsel to or around women.

1. In the New Testament account, the person who betrayed Jesus was a man. Thus, his lack of faith and ensuing punishment stands as a symbol of the subordinated position that all men should take.

Men can still be involved in church activities, even without being ordained. They can sweep paths, repair the church roof, and maybe even lead the singing on Father's Day. By confining themselves to such traditional male roles, they can still be vitally important in the life of the Church.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ten reasons why men should not be pastors/ministers:

10. A man's place is in the military.

9. For men who have children, their duties might distract them from the responsibilities of being a parent.

8. Their physical build indicates that men are more suited to tasks such as chopping down trees and wrestling mountain lions. It would be "unnatural" for them to do other forms of work.

7. Man was created before woman. It is therefore obvious that man was a prototype. Thus, they represent an experiment, rather than the crowning achievement of creation.

6. Men are too emotional to be priests or pastors. This is easily demonstrated by their conduct at football games and watching basketball tournaments.

5. Some men are handsome; they will distract women worshipers.

4. To be ordained pastor is to nurture the congregation. But this is not a traditional male role. Rather, throughout history, women have been considered to be not only more skilled than men at nurturing, but also more frequently attracted to it. This makes them the obvious choice for ordination.

3. Men are overly prone to violence. No really manly man wants to settle disputes by any means other than by fighting about it. Thus, they would be poor role models, as well as being dangerously unstable in positions of leadership.

2. Men are too "visual" and too sexual. Everyone knows that when a beautiful woman is in view, men are unable to control their thoughts and urges. Just look at Samson. Men, therefore, cannot be trusted to give Godly counsel to or around women.

1. In the New Testament account, the person who betrayed Jesus was a man. Thus, his lack of faith and ensuing punishment stands as a symbol of the subordinated position that all men should take.

Men can still be involved in church activities, even without being ordained. They can sweep paths, repair the church roof, and maybe even lead the singing on Father's Day. By confining themselves to such traditional male roles, they can still be vitally important in the life of the Church.

:D Nice one.

Someone once asked me why God made Adam first? Answer, people often make a model for practice before making the real thing.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
LOL, SIH. I've heard that one before, too.

FTR, the OP is tongue-in-cheek. I don't really think having a penis disqualifies a person from ministry.

I just like to see people's reactions when the tables get turned. Hopefully, it's thought provoking.

Hopefully men have the same gut-wrenching reaction - that outrage at injustice - that I feel every time a man tells me or another woman that God won't use us because He gave us a uterus. (And uses the same ridiculous nonsense to try to justify it.)

Empathy may be too much to hope for, though. ^_^

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't know...I think it reveals some interesting flaws in people's logic regarding women.

I think many of the usual "reasons" people give for restricting certain leadership roles to men only aren't valid.
It was just a reaction, not an analysis. i agree with you. But there are solidly scriptural reasons not to ordain women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But there are solidly scriptural reasons not to ordain women.

Scripture doesn't tell us to ordain anyone.

But consider;

1) The woman at the well was the first person to be told that Jesus was the Messiah (John 4) and she went back to her village and brought the men to see Jesus.

2) The Lord Jesus chose a woman to be the first witness of his resurrection - and gave her a testimony and message to give to the men.

3) Phoebe was a deacon, Junia was outstanding among the apostles, Euodia and Syntyche were deaconesses (not the same as a deacon) and Paul had a number of other female co-workers (Rom 16).

4) Women prophesied, prayed, taught others (see Acts 18:26) and were in the upper room after the ascension and before Pentecost (Acts 1:14). They were active in the early church.

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I just like to see people's reactions when the tables get turned. Hopefully, it's thought provoking.

Haha. Although if it weren't for modern fundamentalist "reasons" why women shouldn't be pastors, there wouldn't even be all those reasons to poke fun.... :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ten reasons why men should not be pastors/ministers:<snip>

Men can still be involved in church activities, even without being ordained. They can sweep paths, repair the church roof, and maybe even lead the singing on Father's Day.
By confining themselves to such traditional male roles, they can still be vitally important in the life of the Church.
I rarely venture up on a roof :)

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number G4721 matches the Greek &#963;&#964;&#8051;&#947;&#951; (steg&#275;), which occurs 3 times in 3 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

Young) Mark 2:4 and not being able to come near to Him because of the multitude, they uncovered the roof where He was,
and, having broken [it] up, they let down the couch on which the paralytic was lying,

Guy Falling Through Roof Missed by Brick | Yeah Oops! - Funny Pictures, Funny Videos, and Games

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I rarely venture up on a roof :)

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number G4721 matches the Greek &#963;&#964;&#8051;&#947;&#951; (steg&#275;), which occurs 3 times in 3 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

Young) Mark 2:4 and not being able to come near to Him because of the multitude, they uncovered the roof where He was,
and, having broken [it] up, they let down the couch on which the paralytic was lying,

Guy Falling Through Roof Missed by Brick | Yeah Oops! - Funny Pictures, Funny Videos, and Games

talk about adding insult to injury ^_^

Upvote 0