Should Israel and Palestine get it over with once and for all?

Should Israel and Palestine fight until one surrenders?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The reality is Palestinians in occupied Israel basically have no human rights and have been systematically oppressed and humiliated for over a century.

1) Status quo: occupation/apartheid is violence against Palestinians

I assume you also agree that Jordan is also occupied land then? The PLO, Hamas and other Arab nations have systematically oppressed them by making them pawns and taking humanitarian aid and spending it on themselves (Arafat is a good example), keeping them in poverty and blaming it on Israel, Hamas using them as human shields by firing rockets from large population centers and schools, paying the family of terrorists who kill themselves, teaching terrorism in their elementary schools...I could go on...

• Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1) Status quo: occupation/apartheid is violence against Palestinians
2) Then Israel escalates through evictions/beatings/shootings
3) Then some Palestinians are provoked to respond back with violence
4) Then Israel "responds" with massacres

If you start at #3, you're misleading and being misled

Shooting rockets into civilian areas is not self defense.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, you kind of are encouraging bloodshed by continuing to conflate Palestinians with Hamas

I said Hamas because I did not want to conflate Hamad with all Palestinians.

In any case, Palestine has historically rejected the 2-state solutions that were proposed throughout the last century. They do not want a compromise. They want Israeli's expelled from their own land.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Shooting rockets into civilian areas is not self defense.

But destroying civilian areas and creating civilian casualties in order to kill the five guys that shot that rocket is self defense, right?

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But destroying civilian areas and creating civilian casualties in order to kill the five guys that shot that rocket is self defense, right?

If they don't want a disproportionate reaction they shouldn't instigate.

What is your argument anyway? Should the ratio of those killed be 1:1? Would that make you happier?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If they don't want a disproportionate reaction they shouldn't instigate.

What is your argument anyway? Should the ratio of those killed be 1:1? Would that make you happier?

A peaceful solution that both sides mutually agree to with the fewest casualties would make me happy.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,990.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a part of me, I'm not going to lie, that hopes Israel and Palestine duke it out to the bitter end, and that one of the two sides surrenders, and even collapses into the other.

Is it wrong to hold such a view? I'm not sure, personally, considering it is typically the way clashing civilizations have historically done it for thousands and thousands of years.

...What's your opinion? Should they stop or continue?

View attachment 299256
Israel-Gaza fighting enters its second week

I just support Israel so neither option worked for me. I think the Palestinians should just give up. The Palestinians would not even exist if surrounding Arab nations gave them the option of naturalizing and finding employment elsewhere, they would just fade away into the surrounding nations. The Muslims have not gotten over losing yet another territory that they thought was theirs forever. God gave the land to the Jews, of course, the Jews could mess all this up, it would not be the first time in their historic connection with the land.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal

The difference is Israel uses rockets to defend their citizens, while Hamas uses their citizens to defend their rockets.

Hamas is killing their own citizens.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The difference is Israel uses rockets to defend their citizens, while Hamas uses their citizens to defend their rockets.

Hamas is killing their own citizens.
Agreed. If an enemy sets up an artillery battery in a school yard the school becomes a legitimate target.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The history of this area goes way back before Palestinians. The land originally was Jewish land. Eventually it ended up in Roman hands who named it Palestine in response to a Jewish rebellion that was eventually put down by the Romans.

Eventually Islam was founded and around 636 CE the Arabs invade and conquer the land from Byzantine Christians. They capture the land and hold it until the Crusades which were an effort to take the land back. The Crusaders get some of it back including Jerusalem. However they were eventually defeated and then later the Ottoman Empire eventually takes over the entire area. During this entire history there was never a Palestine state.

More to come.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Eventually the area becomes British gain control of the area. Still never a Palastinian state. Reminder it was never controlled by so called Palastinians. It was the Romans called it Palastine. So Britain had the land and in 1917 Britain declairs that there will be a Jewish state. As we see now though out history the land has moved from one state to the next. There were no such thing as Palastinians. Jewish Control, then a number of other states control it, the the Romans, Byzantines, Ottomans etc. etc.

The Brish offered current Israel to the Jews and what was called Trans Jordan at the time. But it was never fulfilled and the Arabs in the area attacked the Jews in the area killing and assaulting them. After WWI Britain started walking back the promises. Now in the area there were arabs that lived there. They were considered ethnically, Egyptians, Syrian, Saudi etc. After WWI the British changed and were considering giving Trans Jordan to the Arabs that lived there to in essence become a Palestinian state, but that also nevet occurred and in response to all the attacks against the Jews by the Arabs Britian created laws limiting transfer of land to the Jews. And in 1939 they limit the number of Jews that move to the area. anti-Semitism is on the rise in Europe. The Arabs want none of that and continue to attack the Jews and the British until WWII. The Jews side with the British while Husseini in Jerusalem sides with the Nazis and want "the final solution" established in the area should Germany win.

More to come.

Upvote 0