Should Israel and Palestine get it over with once and for all?

Should Israel and Palestine fight until one surrenders?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's a part of me, I'm not going to lie, that hopes Israel and Palestine duke it out to the bitter end, and that one of the two sides surrenders, and even collapses into the other.

Is it wrong to hold such a view? I'm not sure, personally, considering it is typically the way clashing civilizations have historically done it for thousands and thousands of years.

...What's your opinion? Should they stop or continue?

1000.jpeg.jpg

Israel-Gaza fighting enters its second week

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Land was set aside for the Palestinians in Trans Jordan at the same time as the Jews were given Israel.

Many Arabs live in peace with the Jews (I have worked with them) it is the radicals and political opportunists that are the problem - fueled by outside aid...

Jew Hatred is a Spirit and it aint gunna stop any time soon.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Land was set aside for the Palestinians in Trans Jordan at the same time as the Jews were given Israel.

Many Arabs live in peace with the Jews (I have worked with them) it is the radicals and political opportunists that are the problem - fueled by outside aid...

Jew Hatred is a Spirit and it aint gunna stop any time soon.
Joe did send 235 million of U.S. taxpayer dollars to the Palestinians, and now he wants to send them more millions. I believe their last election for president was back in 2006, the money goes to those in power and not the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The Israelis are far better equipped to take care of their "Palestinian problem" than the Palestinians are to deal with their "Israeli problem ". The results of either solution will have long lasting effects and probably won't be the best course of action.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I voted, “no” because I believe the Gospel considers all life to be sacred. If I was in the conflict, I would have to decide how to react ( Ecclesiastes 3 etc.) as best I could & take stock of my state of mind in relation to sins, forgiveness etc. ( like in the Lord’s Prayer, Matthew 6:9-13 etc.) in relation to whether I will die or survive it.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a part of me, I'm not going to lie, that hopes Israel and Palestine duke it out to the bitter end, and that one of the two sides surrenders, and even collapses into the other.

Is it wrong to hold such a view? I'm not sure, personally, considering it is typically the way clashing civilizations have historically done it for thousands and thousands of years.

...What's your opinion? Should they stop or continue?

View attachment 299256
Israel-Gaza fighting enters its second week
It's a rather shallow view to hold considering the impact it would have on the innocent, especially when one 'civilisation' has a bigger stick. No one wants to see a child torn apart in a day and age where the internet can immerse you in the atrocities that take place at ground level.
I think currently, especially in how polarising media is in America, public discourse has become disgustingly fallacious in its false equivalencies of painting Palestinians as Hamas and conflating Israel with its government's Zionistic tendencies lead by a bully.

It's basically a very different world we live in compared to the dark ages where "duking it out to the bitter end" is a view that a simpleton would hold in this day and age.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a rather shallow view to hold considering the impact it would have on the innocent, especially when one 'civilisation' has a bigger stick. No one wants to see a child torn apart in a day and age where the internet can immerse you in the atrocities that take place at ground level.
I think currently, especially in how polarising media is in America, public discourse has become disgustingly fallacious in its false equivalencies of painting Palestinians as Hamas and conflating Israel with its government's Zionistic tendencies lead by a bully.

It's basically a very different world we live in compared to the dark ages where "duking it out to the bitter end" is a view that a simpleton would hold in this day and age.

Except, the Palestinians are still in the Dark Ages.

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekalc

Oct 4, 2005
✟7,881.00
Faith
Catholic
Anyone that curses Israel will be cursed. Israel is the apple of God's eye.

I don’t think your blessing Israel with this idea. Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations and their are 1 Billion Muslims. I shudder to think what would happen to Israel if they did this long term.

Scripture says in Christ there is no Jew and Gentile this is the message of Christianity. To encourage the enmity between these two groups rather than to affirm the humanity of both. All for this we will be blessed

Furthemore let’s point quite a few Palestinians likely have Hebrew blood...

Encouraging ethnic conflict rather than peace. That blesses no one. There is no future for Israel if it doesn’t have peace with its neighbors long term.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Encouraging ethnic conflict rather than peace

Nobody is encouraging bloodshed. But Hamas is the aggressor. They shot 4000 rockets into Israeli civilian areas. They are terrorists and God is not on the side of Hamas.

• Agree
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nobody is encouraging bloodshed. But Hamas is the aggressor. They shot 4000 rockets into Israeli civilian areas. They are terrorists and God is not on the side of Hamas.

Thank God Israel has that defence system that hits missiles in mid-air... Because Hamas doesn't care where those things land, as long as it kills Jews.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, you kind of are encouraging bloodshed by continuing to conflate Palestinians with Hamas (and likewise conflate Judaism with the Israeli government).
The reality is Palestinians in occupied Israel basically have no human rights and have been systematically oppressed and humiliated for over a century.

1) Status quo: occupation/apartheid is violence against Palestinians
2) Then Israel escalates through evictions/beatings/shootings
3) Then some Palestinians are provoked to respond back with violence
4) Then Israel "responds" with massacres

If you start at #3, you're misleading and being misled.

Upvote 0