Should i tell this guy the truth?

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This guy wants to meet up and I want to meet up with him more than anything...

But I'm afraid he'll find out how much of a loser I am..

He's younger than me. And has a degree, drives ...I just don't want to put him off.

I don't want him to stop talking to me,..

But I also feel like I won't measure up.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would pray on it, and do what gives spiritual peace (which is not the same as fleshly comfort). If taking some risk fits in with a dynamic trust in the Lord, that probably will be the way to go. Each situation has to be weighed, but if we always turn down opportunities we end up nowhere.

Of course you should tell him the truth, but how much truth to tell might be another issue. Feel your way through and see if you feel you can trust him.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You definitely should be honest with this guy, there would be no point in being in a relationship based off of a lie. Just tell him how you feel and go from there. If hes not compassionate and understanding of your true feelings then he shouldn't be someone you would want to go with if hes not a caring person.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you had to stretch the truth to get his attention, then you're going to be in hot water. It's the reason why I don't like lying about my achievements or experiences. Once it's time to perform the feat, then you'll be exposed as a phony.
I never stretches the truth...its just you don't put everything out there when you just start talking to someone. Like someone I'm talking to for the first time, I'm not gonna tell them I have anxiety off the bat, you know?

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟326,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never stretches the truth...its just you don't put everything out there when you just start talking to someone. Like someone I'm talking to for the first time, I'm not gonna tell them I have anxiety off the bat, you know?

I agree you probably shouldn't talk about health conditions on the first date, and such a topic won't come up anyways. But just have some fun and light hearted conversation and enjoy yourself no need to make this more serious than it has to be on the first date.

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This guy wants to meet up and I want to meet up with him more than anything...

But I'm afraid he'll find out how much of a loser I am..

He's younger than me. And has a degree, drives ...I just don't want to put him off.
how old are you?

and what makes you think you're a loser?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree you probably shouldn't talk about health conditions on the first date, and such a topic won't come up anyways. But just have some fun and light hearted conversation and enjoy yourself no need to make this more serious than it has to be on the first date.
Yeah. I told him how I felt...so I'm waiting for him to respond. If he's cool with me not having a degree or license...than we'll see where it goes.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟326,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah. I told him how I felt...so I'm waiting for him to respond. If he's cool with me not having a degree or license...than we'll see where it goes.

Alright good luck, hopefully everything works out and you have a good time.;)

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm 25, still with my parents,no degree, license no life ,friends..ect.
so?
You haven't been keeping up with your other threads. lol.

You are a girl. You are describing yourself as a loser based on the criteria used to judge guys. Guys don't care if a girl is still living with her parents, has a degree, a license, etc. It is ok for her.

It is a guy's responsibility to achieve the things necessary to provide a girl with a stable income and therefore a stable life. Her responsibility is to acquire the skills to provide a stable home. ;)

having fulfilled those criteria could potentially work against you. ;)
right, @Galatea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟326,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so?

You are a girl. You are describing yourself as a loser based on the criteria used to judge guys. Guys don't care if a girl is still living with her parents, has a degree, a license, etc. It is ok for her.

It is a guy's responsibility to achieve the things necessary to provide a girl with a stable income and therefore a stable life. Her responsibility is to acquire the skills to provide a stable home. ;)

Definitely agree with this. Guys don't care about the stuff you are worried about.

• Agree
Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please be really careful. I hope it works out for you and all that, but it seems really quick. Just get to know each other. You can't judge how either of you really feel when you barely even know who each other are. Get to the point where you feel comfortable being honest with him first.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
so?

having fulfilled those criteria could potentially work against you. ;)
right, @Galatea
LOL Oh my gosh that made me laugh.... He's actually very cool with it. I find it crazy

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please be really careful. I hope it works out for you and all that, but it seems really quick. Just get to know each other. You can't judge how either of you really feel when you barely even know who each other are. Get to the point where you feel comfortable being honest with him first.
Yeah I've been talking to him for a minute actually.

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I agree. It is one thing to be honest. But don't be "too" honest. He doesn't need to know all of your personal info on the first date. Start going out, and as your relationship develops. As you start to trust each other more and more, then you should start revealing more sensitive information about yourself. ;)

Upvote 0