Should I Tell my Husband about my "Emotional Affair"?

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
She can blame him for anything she wants, complain about anything she wants, but if he takes care of her, is faithful, and doesn't abuse her, it doesn't matter if she now feels like this marriage was a mistake. She can divorce him before the world but to God she has no grounds. She's cheating online and continuously finding herself caving into lust in real life though so it probably doesn't matter to her.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Girl4God86, since it`s a repeated situation, encourage you to ask Yahweh for Godly sorrow "For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death." II Cor 7:10

Then our behavior and emotions are the result of our thought life. We`re to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5) When we go off course, we immediately get our focus back on Him and His Word (Isa 26;3) What are some Scriptures that particularly encourage you such as:
"Now may God, the inspiration and fountain of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in him. And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with his super-abundance until you radiate with hope!" Rom 15:13

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. When I was an avid bicyclist, we had this rule: When you see an obstacle in your path, never focus on the obstacle.

If you focus on the obstacle, you will run right into it.

Instead, focus on the way around the obstacle.
So true, thank you, and practically all of God's saints who have engaged in spiritual warfare have taught this very thing in one form or another. And so we should always "look unto Jesus", Who is "the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2)

Our hearts will be drawn to whatever the eye of our soul is fixated upon.

• Agree
Upvote 0