Apr 30, 2016
Minnesota
✟15,413.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Everyone.

I don't expect a simple answer from anyone but I've done so much praying and talking to others that are married or divorced but am still very confused. I'm trying to be patient and wait for God's answer, but thought that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a new thread and see what other married individuals thought of my current state.

My husband and I will have been married for three years in the fall. We have a daughter that's almost two.

My husband and I met and fell very much in love and got married. The first 2 1/2 years of our marriage (so mostly up until about six months ago) we've had such rocky times. My husband refused to work even 40 hours a week when we first got married. I was pregnant two months after we were married and we were barely making ends meet - something I definitely didn't sign up for, especially when I was working. Should I have known better? Of course. My husband then started working much more and when we tried to get a new, better, family friendly rental home or apartment to live in, we couldn't because there were five pages of delinquent accounts on his credit score. This was a big deal because I'd asked about it before we got married, and by "it" I mean finances. We had a conversation about honesty (duh) and I tried to move forward. We were able to get into an apartment later. Luckily our landlord was understanding when we had a cosigner. Six months later I was really trying and thought he was as well to make our marriage all it could be. I was trying to do my best to get closer to God and be a good wife all while being good mother. I'm also a student in college now. We were in the process of planning a vow renewal type thing since we had gotten married legally but not yet in front of our friends and family. I was really thinking of it as a new beginning. In the process of that, he left his phone with me one night (he worked overnights at the time) and I'd seen he was looking up pictures of naked women. A lot of men do it, yes. But I obviously don't believe in doing it even though I know it's said to be natural. My husband swore up and down, cried and said it would never happen again. After that, he had talked to me in really demeaning ways. I told him I truly had considered divorce about six months ago. Since then, he's tried to be responsible, attentive, etc.. But I just don't know if I can forgive the dishonesty. I don't know if this is what God wants for me. I love my husband obviously. If I didn't, we wouldn't still be together. I really need some insight for myself and my daughter's best interest. He's a wonderful dad but I really want her to see a healthy and happy marriage. I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Swill314:

I am so sorry about what you're going through. I'm going through a serious storm too in a 21 year marriage. Having been in Christ for over 27 years now, I'm still tempted to think there is no benefit to enduring the way I think I have in a very hurtful marriage with a man who professed to know Christ.

But the Lord has had to remind me constantly how He has been with me through the suffering that involved in-law meddling, inappropriate content, abandonment, and adultery.

No one can really tell you what to do in your situation but I can give you some scriptures that will in encourage you. I plan to be back and post within a day or so as I have to get to something at work. I really felt a need to contact you to let you know someone had seen your post and praying for you till I can get back to you with Scriptures that help me now and have helped me over the years.

Please pray, read Jesus' Words, and trust Him.

Til later.

unfinished clay

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"... something I definitely didn't sign up for ...."

This may sound a bit harsh but traditional marriage vows entail "for better or worse" for a reason. The Bible is very clear on grounds for divorce. You can read it and study it for yourself or you can ask the opinion of strangers on the Internet.

Anyone who has been married has gone through tough times. If the two of you are struggling to work through these tough times on your own, you may want to seek couple's counseling.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Swill hi. Here are a few passages that have encouraged me for my own marriage. Of course, they didn't make circumstances easier per se. But they strengthened me and gave me vision and purpose through my trials.

- John 16:33 says, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me (Jesus) you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Jesus let us know that, living in the world, we are going to have tribulation (meaning serious problems in the form of persecution, people sinning against us, certainly marital challenges as warned in 1 Corinthians 7:28, and even martyrdom.) And then He gave a **but** after saying we'll have tribulation by stating that we can still be encouraged because He had overcome the world. He has the last Word, not the world or anything/anyone in it. Our hope, being in Him, will result in unspeakable joy - here and in the hereafter. It's just that "here", in our pain, we don't have to despair.

Jesus answers prayers. His timing works for His purpose and therefore for our good (building us up in our strength and defining our testimony/our calling).

- Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

Hardship in marriage may seem unrewarding to wives like us who have endured failed attempts to stay afloat with husbands who showed signs of not being submitted to the Lord. But if you focus on your relationship with the Lord - focus on you and God as Father and daughter - reading, studying, and meditating on His Word to obey Him is our first call. Living in that calling alone, by faith, will result in all things working together for your good. That reality has been a challenge for all of us who belong to the Lord over all time. And yet it's true.

I am at the lowest point of my life in my marriage. But because the Lord said through Paul that all things work together for our good who love the Lord and called according to His purpose, then it is true. In our darkest hour, we have the assurance of His Word to stand on and wait on Him through ongoing prayer and leaning on His Word.

- Galatians 6:7 says, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap."

It may not be any consolation for you to know that your husband is not getting away with how he treats God's daughter shabbily. It may even seem like he does get away with it. But he is not. He will reap what he has sown. What you want to pray is that your husband learns his lesson and gives God glory through what he learns. It would be so sad to reap and not get it. That's where your prayer comes in: (1) that his eyes be opened now and in his season to reap, (2) that now and during that reaping season, God sends forth laborers (Godly men) into your husband's path to minister to him - according to Matthew 9:37-38. Remember that, being married to you, your husband is a ripe harvest to be tended to by laborers who can plant/water God's Word in him. Ask the Lord to give increase to that seed of His Word in your husband's heart and that the seed falls on good soil ground within his heart. Luke 8:5-15.

- Your church, christianforums.com, and other circles of Christian friends are good places to ask for prayer and bring this issue to in order to remind us to pray. This is not just a group of "strangers on the Internet" - not where God is producing opportunity for your marriage among saints. Be encouraged to take your prayer requests where the Lord will allow, first taking the issue to Him. Paul did ask churches through his letters to pray for him.

- For so many reasons, such as the ones I mentioned above as being a small few, you can be encouraged to stand on 1 Peter 3 as a quiet, submissive wife. I am still believing the Lord to help me stand on those passages to a wayward husband. Please keep me in prayer as I keep you in my prayer.

If anymore passages come to heart, I plan to sent them to you either here in the thread or in your profile. I hope this helps. Be blessed and encouraged.

Upvote 0

Brianlear

Living life in the pacific NW
Mar 31, 2012
✟9,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you guys at least have a place to live and he is working, while you go to school. You have a good life. Him looking at naked women is NOT a reason to divorce. It is a great reason to have an honest talk and share how it makes you feel though. Let him know that it makes you feel inadequate, and see how he responds. Nothing will happen unless you open up to him about how you feel.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you guys at least have a place to live and he is working, while you go to school. You have a good life. Him looking at naked women is NOT a reason to divorce. It is a great reason to have an honest talk and share how it makes you feel though. Let him know that it makes you feel inadequate, and see how he responds. Nothing will happen unless you open up to him about how you feel.
A husband looking at naked women already knows how that would make his wife feel. And although inappropriate content is not a Biblical reason for divorce, considering the act of fornication is actual grounds, minimizing the act of looking at naked women won't repair what's being done and what's at risk. It's spiritual warfare and a need for counseling.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And although inappropriate content is not a Biblical reason for divorce, considering the act of fornication is actual grounds,
Matt 5.28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

IMO it IS grounds for divorce.

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A husband looking at naked women already knows how that would make his wife feel.

Maybe but not necessarily. You're making an assumption. Some women are confident enough and secure enough in their relationship that it doesn't bother them.

Matt 5.28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Another assumption - that a man cannot look at a naked woman without lusting. Which is, of course, untrue.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another assumption - that a man cannot look at a naked woman without lusting. Which is, of course, untrue.
From the context, I would say that is exactly what is going on.

Of course I agree that if one is studying art, or is a doctor, that seeing a naked form is not necessarily lust. But I saw nothing of that sort in the post. He was looking at those pics on his phone.

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From the context, I would say that is exactly what is going on.

Of course I agree that if one is studying art, or is a doctor, that seeing a naked form is not necessarily lust. But I saw nothing of that sort in the post. He was looking at those pics on his phone.

Your post seemed to be a sweeping generalization. If not, I apologize. Of course, neither of us knows what is going on in someone else's mind - including the OP's husband.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There is the adultery of lusting after someone and it is sin. But Jesus specified that the actual act of fornication (that's a physical act of sex) is the grounds that the Lord recognizes for divorce and remarriage.

I guess in order to determine whether the husband was aware that looking at naked pics on his phone would hurt his wife, we should ask this:

"Did he look at the dirty pics in your presence? Did he ever casually refer to any of those women that he saw in conversation with you, his wife?" The man looked at the pics in secret. That's why she had to **discover** what he had done - in secret. Looking at the pics openly would indicate he didn't realize it could hurt her. (But a lot of people already know that point. Throwing out a "maybe she wouldn't be hurt" is just a way to quiet/ or help another man quiet the conscience and get the woman to second-guess.)

Sure, we can't know **exactly** what's going on in the husband's mind. But Jesus said that we know a tree by the fruit it bears. (Matthew 7:17-20. Of course, in this passage, Jesus was referring to recognizing false prophets but He also point out specifically that "every tree" that bears good or bad fruit, we'd know. That meaning all trees - the doings of false prophets and everybody falling under the umbrella of bearing fruit.) We're not going to know **exactly** what's in anybody's heart. But Jesus gives us His Word the way for our discernment.

And whether I'm generalizing or not, I'm a wife who's gone through what she's experiencing. inappropriate contentography has led to other acts that were grounds for divorce, which I wouldn't encourage either way because God can heal and repair marriages. But in order to help her with a solution, her pain and concerns have to be validated - just as they are very much validated by her Savior.

To say we don't know what's going on in that man's mind - even questioning that whether he knows what he's doing is hurting her - is not validating her hurt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe but not necessarily. You're making an assumption. Some women are confident enough and secure enough in their relationship that it doesn't bother them.
Perhaps you're right. Maybe a man should pray, "Lord, thank you that my wife is so confident enough and secure enough in our relationship that it doesn't bother her that I'm looking at this naked pictures deliberately looking at these pics of these women." What does the Lord say about that? You don't think that Jesus, instructing those Pharisees about how they dealt with marriage, that He was protecting wives everywhere in addition to, of course, showing men how to live for the Lord?

Even if a woman was confident and secure in knowing her husband would disrespect her that way, even being a Christian woman, that's not for anyone (especially not for any man, who typically empathize with each other) to say women whose husbands do this are confident and secure when this is done. Sorry. But that passive, deceived outlook is what gives place to the devil among men fueling one another to do this kind of junk without realizing how enabling that attitude is.

In 27 years of being born again and attending church, women's conferences, Bible Studies, and groups full of confident/secure women with wayward husbands, I've never heard a woman testify that her husband looked at naked pics of other women. It's NOT something that anybody could be so confident/secure about that they'd mention it with confidence/security. Women talk about it as the problem that inappropriate contentography apparently is. To dissect the problem with all those technical scenarios speaks volumes about how discreet a woman discovering these pics should be about who should counsel her and her husband.

Swill, there are counselors who will take an attitude of relieving your husband of the accountability that could make him step up to the plate and be the man God called him to be. These types of counselors can be damaging enablers. And from the passive outlook mentioned, you can see how that could happen. Beware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is the adultery of lusting after someone and it is sin. But Jesus specified that the actual act of fornication (that's a physical act of sex) is the grounds that the Lord recognizes for divorce and remarriage.
You are getting too wrapped up in semantics in ENGLISH. The bible did not come down to us in english - it came in Greek. Our Lord was not speaking in English, He was speaking in Aramaic.

So that kind of textual parsing is pointless in a translation of a translation.

Besides - since that was said BEFORE the cross, any physical sex act would have been considered adultery and would have also carried a death sentence; thus no divorce needed.

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Perhaps you're right.

We're in agreement.

As for the rest of your post, can you provide a single scripture that says it is a sin for one person to see another naked? Remember, we aren't talking about lust. We aren't talking about exposing one's father or mother's nakedness. We're talking about looking at a photograph, or a painting or perhaps a dancer in a cabaret style show.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We're in agreement.

As for the rest of your post, can you provide a single scripture that says it is a sin for one person to see another naked? Remember, we aren't talking about lust. We aren't talking about exposing one's father or mother's nakedness. We're talking about looking at a photograph, or a painting or perhaps a dancer in a cabaret style show.

No point in trying to explain. It's obvious what your view is on pictures of naked women on the Internet is and on husbands/any man looking at those types of pictures. Sad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We're in agreement.

Why do you and some other men in our faith defend looking at naked pics of women?

Hopefully, you're not in leadership.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Hi Everyone.

I don't expect a simple answer from anyone but I've done so much praying and talking to others that are married or divorced but am still very confused. I'm trying to be patient and wait for God's answer, but thought that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a new thread and see what other married individuals thought of my current state.

My husband and I will have been married for three years in the fall. We have a daughter that's almost two.

My husband and I met and fell very much in love and got married. The first 2 1/2 years of our marriage (so mostly up until about six months ago) we've had such rocky times. My husband refused to work even 40 hours a week when we first got married. I was pregnant two months after we were married and we were barely making ends meet - something I definitely didn't sign up for, especially when I was working. Should I have known better? Of course. My husband then started working much more and when we tried to get a new, better, family friendly rental home or apartment to live in, we couldn't because there were five pages of delinquent accounts on his credit score. This was a big deal because I'd asked about it before we got married, and by "it" I mean finances. We had a conversation about honesty (duh) and I tried to move forward. We were able to get into an apartment later. Luckily our landlord was understanding when we had a cosigner. Six months later I was really trying and thought he was as well to make our marriage all it could be. I was trying to do my best to get closer to God and be a good wife all while being good mother. I'm also a student in college now. We were in the process of planning a vow renewal type thing since we had gotten married legally but not yet in front of our friends and family. I was really thinking of it as a new beginning. In the process of that, he left his phone with me one night (he worked overnights at the time) and I'd seen he was looking up pictures of naked women. A lot of men do it, yes. But I obviously don't believe in doing it even though I know it's said to be natural. My husband swore up and down, cried and said it would never happen again. After that, he had talked to me in really demeaning ways. I told him I truly had considered divorce about six months ago. Since then, he's tried to be responsible, attentive, etc.. But I just don't know if I can forgive the dishonesty. I don't know if this is what God wants for me. I love my husband obviously. If I didn't, we wouldn't still be together. I really need some insight for myself and my daughter's best interest. He's a wonderful dad but I really want her to see a healthy and happy marriage. I'd really appreciate it.

Firstly, :hug:

I feel your pain. We do not have children but I am currently separated from my husband. I first decided that I should have that talk with him long years after I had suggested marriage counseling. Like you, we too started having troubles shortly after what for us was a traditional family wedding. When I made that suggestion though he said, go ahead.

As if it was all on me.

We've been together now for 27 years. I've been married almost longer than I was single. It's amazing what you discover about someone when you marry them and are together with them day in and day out.

Unlike you, we do not have children. Praise God. That would be way too much to put on them given what's transpired these near three decades.

OK, here is my thoughts based on my experience after reading your sharing of where you're at in your marriage. Not an advice column just talking out loud.

For a marriage to work you have to like each other first. If the like isn't there where does the love blossom from?
Then of course with like, friendship first, there is that innate need for trust. If I don't trust you how can I like you? How can I like myself if I live with what I don't trust? I'm expected to close my eyes and become unconscious in sleep for a great many hours beside this person in the bed we share. If I don't trust them to speak to me truthfully how do I trust them about anything else with me? Including my body.

My husband didn't have naked women on his phone. But then again I didn't check his phone. But if he did so and he didn't lock his phone I'd think he didn't care if I found those women should I have had need to use his phone. And what kind of women were they? inappropriate content site women? Or everyday women making a selfie? If it's a selfie we've got real issues. Because that means she , they, know my husband well enough to get naked and transmit adult material across the net onto his iPhone.

Yes, that's a very serious talking point. And since I can guarantee hubby didn't weep like a baby when he opened that sent file, I sure know he's weeping now like a little kid because as kids will do, he got caught being naughty. And wanted to get out of trouble.

His, "I swear I'll never do it again!", for me, is empty. Because when we made those vows to each other the idea of that adultery was a, NEVER, from the moment he said, "I do."

But he did. And he lied about it. I know this because he kept it a secret on his phone that he didn't lock. Which is like not locking my house or car. Careless? Or, just don't care if someone comes on in? Or maybe it was to send a message to me should I look in the phone.

See honey? You don't look like this! I like how this looks. I clearly want this because she, they, are naked and many. On my phone.

What's to do with those images on a phone anyway? Yes, there's a visual in my imagination I could do without. Too late. :swoon:

First thing that comes to mind when I see those pictures, or read of your having seen them, is Matthew 5:27 and 28.7 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to desire her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

And just as if my man laid his hands on another woman for sex so too has he laid his eyes on her with the lust for sex. And besides, when a woman sends my man naked pictures, if that is what they were and not captures from some inappropriate content site, which are said to often contain all sorts of computer virus and Trojans to mess up a computer or phone, what is her point? Sex! Seduction! Temptation!

And he kept the pictures. Every single one. From more than one woman.

That's the first step to physical adultery. Look but not touching. Look enough and passion and desire , craving, to touch isn't far behind. Otherwise, what's the point of having strange women's naked pictures on your phone? When you have a wife at home.

Others.

That's what.

Another woman that isn't the wife.

That's what.

And how do I know he hasn't slept with them? If these aren't inappropriate content captures? Because there are even inappropriate content sites that are hookup sites. You look. And then you can meet.

I grew up in a dysfunctional house. To this day I am repelled by screaming voices. Even loud voices at a certain pitch makes me cringe and remember my childhood. When mom would try to talk to dad. And he'd sit in the living room that wasn't really full of a happy life at all and turn the TV volume up to drown her out. While she sat in the kitchen speaking loud hoping to be acknowledged.
Rarely happened.

My point being, my parents stayed together because of the kid. Me. Their only one. And when I turned 18 and was able to get out on my own, which I did a year later, they'd both given up on a life of their own. They were resigned to their life as a couple that would never divorce. And they hated each other.
Only after dad had died did I learn he had affairs. And one bastard daughter to show for it. Someone I never knew about until I was in my 30's. Because he'd sworn my husband to secrecy while he was alive. It would have killed mom. Or maybe he was afraid she'd kill him.

The thing about that really dysfunctional relationship was, they made the biggest mistake of their life and mine. Staying together as a couple that didn't like each other, didn't trust each other, didn't love each other, but lived under the same roof going through the motions of family and home. Because they thought they had to for the sake of keeping a family model active for the child.
Who picks up on the dysfunction. Who hears the screaming to be heard even after she's gone to bed. Who watches the coldness between them. No touching, no hugs, no kiss. Barely ever , " I love you ". Save on occasion greeting cards when it was expected to give them to each other. Keeping up appearances. My folks were big for that.

"What will people think?"

The mom mantra that stymied in its background audio the great joys I was going to express in my childhood. Jubilant, joyful, happy, expressive. Hushed! "What are you doing? Stop that! What will people think? "

Funny isn't it? Worried about what people will think when seeing us as a family out in public. While behind the door of our home no one could see what was so very miserable, betrayed without knowing it , and hate filled.

My mom was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma shortly after my dad was diagnosed with his own liver cancer. She worked as a nurses aid until she couldn't anymore. When dad was diagnosed she gained strength and took care of him even when he entered into a hospice program at our house.
A year and three months after he passed she did too. Even when she was beyond help she asked her best friend if she should get more chemo. Because she was afraid of how I'd take it when she died. Being I'd suffered a lot when my grandparents, her parents, were killed when I was but a small child. She didn't want to break my heart leaving me without parents.

It makes me cry all these years later to write that. Thinking how she was so stoic and resigned to stay with a man she didn't like or respect. Just for my sake. She didn't want to break a home apart or break my heart. And me? I just thought our home life was normal. Role models. Even when it is dysfunctionality leaves an impression that lasts because it is hardwired into the youngest psyche.

The Bible says God is OK with divorce in the case of adultery, being one spouse is an unbeliever, or even if you're so miserable you just can't stand your life.

The most sacred responsibility you now have is that of a parent. Your allegiance is first and foremost to that life you brought into the world.
People stay in dead relationships for the sake of the child. As one of those I'll tell you it was the biggest mistake they ever made. They died hating their life. But they loved me.

I personally think they deserved better for themselves and each other. Because I'm all that's left now and I departed from my husband when I had a good long look at us. No adultery that I know of. And realized, we were the living copy of my parents.
Even inheriting the house our bed fit and could only fit on the same spot as had been theirs.

When we stopped talking. When he ignored me and preferred TV it hit me like a ton of bricks. When he became infatuated with inappropriate content and hid DVD's under his side of the bed, I was mad. But I stayed. Until years later when I did that inventory of us and self.

Now we're separated. Trying on life married but States apart. Free to be each other alone and away from the chaos and vacancy that was there when we were together. No contact. No intimacy. No trust. He actually told me once years ago that he didn't trust me. "But when you think about it very few people deserve respect!" . He excused that after he also said he didn't respect me.
No communication.
Where is there like then? Where can love blossom? After it died under so many words, behaviors, indifference. When you don't look at the one you're married to when they speak to you, or when you talk, it's telling them they're not there. And you're just saying words.

Whatever you do, take this to God in prayer. Think about your child. When kids grow up in dysfunctional families they are impressed by the role models they've witnessed. Because parents example how life is suppose to be and how kids are suppose to behave. How then can a child not copy mom and dad when they're adults on their own?

It is long said, girls look for their dad in a husband. Boy's look for their mom in a wife.

When you think of you and your feelings and future in this, which is paramount as a matter of self-respect, think of that about your child. Your little girl.

Would you want her to marry a boy just like daddy?
A man who promises he'll never do "it" again after he's been caught at it is lying. Because if he was able to tell the truth when he said he'd be monogamous to his wife at the altar, there would never be an 'it' to apologize for. Because "it" would never cross his mind. His wife would. His honor would. His child would. His future would.

I'll never do it again.

My dear, you were never suppose to do it in the first place. But you did. Knowing the whole time you had a wife who it would hurt. And a child who would be hurt because mommy is hurt that daddy betrayed her. Even if she isn't told about it she'll see the tension.
And now you say he's verbally abusive? Your child hears that too. Love doesn't speak hateful words. He's getting you back because you caught him betraying you.
He's telling you now in words what naked strange women told you from his phone.

:prayer:
God protect you and your child. And if he's open to it, bring your husband to repentance.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why do you and some other men in our faith defend looking at naked pics of women?

Probably for exactly the opposite reason you, and many others, cling to Puritanical traditions not founded in scripture. Moreover, I am not advocating a butter-spread approach to viewing nudity. I am in leadership. In my leadership role, I encourage individuals to develop individual convictions based upon the whole of scripture. All things are lawful but not all things are expedient. Expediency is linked both to the individual and the circumstances.

You didn't answer my question, by the way, you just cast stones.

I'll re-phrase my question: Do you have a scriptural foundation for your belief?

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Probably for exactly the opposite reason you, and many others, cling to Puritanical traditions not founded in scripture. Moreover, I am not advocating a butter-spread approach to viewing nudity. I am in leadership. In my leadership role, I encourage individuals to develop individual convictions based upon the whole of scripture. All things are lawful but not all things are expedient. Expediency is linked both to the individual and the circumstances.

I'll re-phrase my question: Do you have a scriptural foundation for your belief?
What's the point in presenting Scriptural back up to a linguistic scholar?

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

And if you break down all your passage references with a study of the language, can you at least admit that stone-casting was physical? Those stones the Pharisees picked up to throw at the woman in adultery? Would Greek translation support that those were tangible objects? But this? This is online. I hope Greek translation would support that.

And if looking at nudity is not sin, why don't dirty old men under lenient leadership bring their favorite magazines to church? Or do they?

Upvote 0