Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m a former Catholic who has been chec king out other churches for the past five or so years, finally settling on the Lutheran LCMS. Lately I’ve been missing the Catholic “extras” like my rosary, wearing my Miraculous Medal, going to Confession, and of course the Catholic Eucharist (though the LCMS strongly believe their Holy Communion is Jesus). Give me reasons for why I should return to Catholicism, because while I miss some things I also do like my LCMS church, especially the music. We have a praise band that rivals music on a Contemporary Christian radio station.

Last edited:

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I’m a former Catholic who has been chec king out other churches for the past five or so years, finally settling on the Lutheran LCMS. Lately I’ve been missing the Catholic “extras” like my rosary, wearing my Miraculous Medal, going to Confession, and of course the Catholic Eucharist (though the LCMS strongly believe their Holy Communion is Jesus). Give me reasons for why I should return to Catholicism, because while I miss some things I also do like my LCMS church, especially the music. We have a praise band that rivals music on a Contemporary Christian radio station.

You sound more like you are collecting pokemon cards than trying to connect with the Divine.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If "extras" and praise band are the points upon where you decide where your spiritual home lies I would encourage some soul searching.
I’ve already done that. I read my Bible daily, I participate in church services but I do miss those things, too.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If "extras" and praise band are the points upon where you decide where your spiritual home lies I would encourage some soul searching.
I already feel a close connection with the Lord at both churches, so please tell me where I should go and what those reasons are.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps if you read Mathew 6 it will help.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I’m a former Catholic who has been chec king out other churches for the past five or so years, finally settling on the Lutheran LCMS. Lately I’ve been missing the Catholic “extras” like my rosary, wearing my Miraculous Medal, going to Confession, and of course the Catholic Eucharist (though the LCMS strongly believe their Holy Communion is Jesus).
I am just gonna tell you...
Despite everything they believe, the Lord ALONE is the One calling you back to the Catholic Church.
Give me reasons for why I should return to Catholicism, because while I miss some things I also do like my LCMS church, especially the music. We have a praise band that rivals music on a Contemporary Christian radio station.
Because your soul and mind will not rest until you pick up His calling you back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is your choice. Don't let others sway you.
People have been telling me that, more or less for weeks. So I’ll think I know where God wants me to be then I feel a pull in the other direction and think I’m meant to be there instead. I want to find a church home and stick with it. I was Catholic from birth to about 24 years. Then I didn’t go to church and was probably agnostic. Then I came back and started going to a couple of non denominational churches. Then back to Catholicism, Lutheran, Catholicism, Lutheran.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My brother left the Church years ago but the Actual Body of Christ, the Eucharist, called him back til He could no longer deny it.
That’s how I felt when I came back after leaving at age 24. I was away and agnostic for about another 20+ years, then I wanted to return to the church so badly I cried over it. But now, after going to the Lutheran LCMS church I really don’t know where to go. Plus, factor in my endless questions I’ve asked my pastor about Lutheranism and religion in general and I’d feel bad for leaving after all the time and effort he’s spent on teaching me about faith.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am just gonna tell you...
Despite everything they believe, the Lord ALONE is the One calling you back to the Catholic Church.

Because your soul and mind will not rest until you pick up His calling you back.
Do you believe Jesus is also in the Lutheran Communion? Why or why not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not pick up a catechism and go through the various points that concern you? You can’t get much better than that. :)
I’ve read some of it already. There’s nothing that concerns me really. It’s just that I am usually really bored at Mass and all the Catholic Churches near me play dreadful piano music as opposed to lively, uplifting music and the homilies usually aren’t anything I can relate to. I know that these sound like poor reasons but there it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’ve read some of it already. There’s nothing that concerns me really. It’s just that I am usually really bored at Mass and all the Catholic Churches near me play dreadful piano music as opposed to lively, uplifting music. I know that sounds like a poor reasoning but there it is.
Well if that’s what’s holding you back from returning to the RCC...I do have any comment on that besides seeing if there is a Life Teen Mass you can attend.

Upvote 0