Should I pray for my lukewarm babies father?

Amrie

Jan 7, 2023
Ft worth
✟7,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So I met my babies daddy when I was living in the world very lukewarm we ended up having relations and I got pregnant on my way to abort the child my sister had a dream that I was about to abort my child and warned my family so they prayed against the abortion and I kept the child me and the childs father are still together has not been easy because of how toxic he’s been based on his childhood trauma we are now living together with the baby unmarried I told him my stance on absence and he agrees yet he get very distant with me when I don’t indulge in sin with him and He says I talk about God all the time so he cuts my conversations short yet he always tells me he’s a Christian and believes and jesus but smokes weed drinks sometimes and listens to secular music he says he’s working on his elf we went to church pretty regularly before the baby got here I really want my child to grow up in a two parent house hold he also says he would get married but hasn’t given me a date this has all happened within one year so my question today is should I continue to pray for him to find Christ or should I give up and move on? Is it even worth it ? I do want him to find Christ but I feel like I shouldn’t pray for him because of his actions

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
should I continue to pray for him to find Christ or should I give up and move on?

You can do both. It's good to pray for the people in our lives, that they will grow into the person that God intends them to be. But you can still give up and move on, in terms of the relationship, even as you pray for his well-being. If you have this many reservations about the baby's dad, don't marry him. We no longer live in a culture where people "have to get married". Raise the baby as best as you can, with your family's help. A few years down the road, if you find a partner that you love and trust and who would make a good parent to your child, you can marry then.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Listening to secular music is not sinful. There are many secular songs that are positive and upbeat and musically pleasing.
Similarly there are some Christian songs that are banal and redundant.
Keep trying to communicate well. I messages. Listening actively. No name calling.
Counseling might help.
Your disapproval of secular music makes me fear your Christianity is a little too rigid.

Upvote 0