✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Short answer No don't listen to them.

Long answer compare what your superstitions say against what the bible says.

We all need to so know the bible that Romans 12v1+2 has happened and we have bible biased brains.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Should I listen to my superstitions? Like, if I thought in my head that something bad would happen if I did something, should I listen to those superstitions? I want to do those things, but I'm scared to because of superstitions I make in my head.

Fear is not from God. Perfect love casts out fear. If you start giving heed to superstitions you may be opening yourself up to believing any wind of doctrine.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reject all superstitions in the name of Jesus. A loved one of mine had a demon of fear cast out of her due to superstitions taught to her by her mother.
Jesus has delivered us from all such things!

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think we need an example of the superstitions you are talking about before answering intelligently.

Are we talking about stepping on cracks and breaking yo mamas back?
True. And also a better clarification of the level of fear that we’re talking about.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are like "Oh, if you play the guitar, you'll lose all your money." That's not an actual example of one of the superstitions I've made, but they're simething like that.
This is not a superstition. You have a closer example to give? or Maybe an alternative words to use......i.e. "should i listen to my general fears?" or, "should i let my fears get the best of me?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They are like "Oh, if you play the guitar, you'll lose all your money." That's not an actual example of one of the superstitions I've made, but they're simething like that.
Like quit your job to attempt a career in music? Or just like pick up a guitar and play a song in your living room?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A superstition is more like "Do not walk under a ladder." or like an omen "if you see a black cat something bad is going to happen."
These are meaningless and should be mentally rejected.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, like a quick thing you do randomly in your day.
Well being superstitious to that level is letting coincidences spiral out of control. Think about all the times you’ve had superstitious thoughts about something bad happening but instead nothing bad happened at all, or maybe even something good happened, or something funny happened, etc. I bet you DO make a mental note of when something bad happens but do not make a mental note of all the times nothing bad happens. By pure chance bad things happen from time to time. So when you think something bad is gonna happen and it DOES you’re giving the coincidence more attention than it deserves. You recall the time in August that it happened, the time in April that it happened...yet you disregard the 1,000 times that nothing bad happened betwee April & August. And, what about when something bad did happen but you didn’t have a previous bad feelings beforehand at all??

Instead of looking at it like odds & probabilities you’re looking at the secluded negative events with tunnel vision, and ignoring all the times you thought something bad would happen but didn’t.

People who play the slot machine every day hit on the slot machine way more than people who play it a few times a year. If you constantly think about bad things happening, by pure probabilities you’re gonna hit way more often on a matchup between bad thoughts & bad things happening than people who only rarely have a premonition of bad things happening.

Then you might invent some totally random reasons as being a significant similarity...like ‘Such & such happened twice while I was playing guitar’...well what about the 1,000 other times that something bad happened twice during DIFFERENT events? Or your mind can overthink and scan for a similarity just for the sake of inventing a superstitious similarity (whether intentional or not)...ok I wasn’t playing the guitar when ‘This’ happened both times, the air conditioner wasn’t on both times, a certain song wasn’t playing both times...until you come up with something...Ahh Ha, this happened both times while the neighbor was watering her garden!!! Bad things happen when my neighbor waters her garden!! There’s an endless amount of options to tie events into that could not SEEM random if you’re trying too hard to see superstitious coincidence everywhere you go. But in the end it’s just probabilities, and a bias towards what you put significance into. Creating patterns that don’t really exist

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor Kifyak

Oct 5, 2018
Shakopee
✟18,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well being superstitious to that level is letting coincidences spiral out of control. Think about all the times you’ve had superstitious thoughts about something bad happening but instead nothing bad happened at all, or maybe even something good happened, or something funny happened, etc. I bet you DO make a mental note of when something bad happens but do not make a mental note of all the times nothing bad happens. By pure chance bad things happen from time to time. So when you think something bad is gonna happen and it DOES you’re giving the coincidence more attention than it deserves. You recall the time in August that it happened, the time in April that it happened...yet you disregard the 1,000 times that nothing bad happened betwee April & August. And, what about when something bad did happen but you didn’t have a previous bad feelings beforehand at all??

Instead of looking at it like odds & probabilities you’re looking at the secluded negative events with tunnel vision, and ignoring all the times you thought something bad would happen but didn’t.

People who play the slot machine every day hit on the slot machine way more than people who play it a few times a year. If you constantly think about bad things happening, by pure probabilities you’re gonna hit way more often on a matchup between bad thoughts & bad things happening than people who only rarely have a premonition of bad things happening.

Then you might invent some totally random reasons as being a significant similarity...like ‘Such & such happened twice while I was playing guitar’...well what about the 1,000 other times that something bad happened twice during DIFFERENT events? Or your mind can overthink and scan for a similarity just for the sake of inventing a superstitious similarity (whether intentional or not)...ok I wasn’t playing the guitar when ‘This’ happened both times, the air conditioner wasn’t on both times, a certain song wasn’t playing both times...until you come up with something...Ahh Ha, this happened both times while the neighbor was watering her garden!!! Bad things happen when my neighbor waters her garden!! There’s an endless amount of options to tie events into that could not SEEM random if you’re trying too hard to see superstitious coincidence everywhere you go. But in the end it’s just probabilities, and a bias towards what you put significance into. Creating patterns that don’t really exist

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums