Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Don't date him; it's good that you want to help him, and do try to help him, but don't date him. It won't be healthy for either of you.

I don't know about not being his friend, but taking some prayerful time away from him will help. If you're feeling this uncertain about things, hang back for a few days, talk with some close friends, pray for him, and remember to trust that everything's happening for a reason.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for your reply.I struggled with wondering if I should pursue being his friend,because I am not sure if anyone else would help him.I am just unsure if it is my place to do so.The only thing I can do at this is pray for him
Don't rush into anything. You may become absolutely convinced that you should stay away from him, and tomorrow, you may realize that you need to be with him more often. Perhaps God just needed you away from him for the day?

This is the necessity of prayer; nobody but God Himself can provide the answers. Hope, pray, trust.

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Don't rush into anything. You may become absolutely convinced that you should stay away from him, and tomorrow, you may realize that you need to be with him more often. Perhaps God just needed you away from him for the day?

This is the necessity of prayer; nobody but God Himself can provide the answers. Hope, pray, trust.
I will not rush into anything and just pray for him.Thank you for the advice,this has been going on for a while,and I really needes another person's input on it.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So,I met this guy a few years back.I was not saved back then,and we started to hang out and spend time together.Long story short,he was interested in me,but I was not,so I rejected him.We have chosen to be friends,but it feels awkward going from having feelings for someone to now just being friends.He now has a girlfriend,but I see that he is getting into a pattern here of jumping from one relationship or situation if you would call it,to the next since he told me about his previous relationships were the same way.Since we are friends,I am just worried that he is just jumping from one thing to the next,and I tried to minister to him about Jesus,but it did not work.The situation has gotten to the point where I do not know if its my place to say something to help him of things do not work out(not that I want that),or should I just let the situation go and stop being his friend if it bothers me that much?

So... wow. So hard isn't it? So hard.

Yeah. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to say what I'm thinking.

It is extremely difficult to go back to 'just friends' once someone breaches that barrier of romantic interest. It is just hard. Really tough. Few I meet can do it.

And you are seeing this now.

Unless the man asks you for your advice, then I wouldn't give advice. Yet even without any romantic interest whatsoever, it is hard to watch someone doing something that isn't healthy.

Now you know what parents feel like when their child does something that isn't healthy.

I think the only one that can really answer the question of what you should do... is you. Can you just 'be friends' and just be friendly with him? Or, is this going to bother you, until it drives you crazy, and thus isn't healthy for you?

The reality is, if someone wants help, that is when you can help them. If someone is sinking on the Titanic, and refuses to jump into the water and grab the life preserver, then you can't force them to act smart and save their life. But if you keep fighting with them, you'll go down into the water with them.

Sometimes you just have to let it go. I don't think we, based on a single thread on a forum, can tell you what you should do. You have to make that choice at some point. But do not flush your life away, for someone who doesn't want your help. If you can be a positive influence, great. But if not, move on.

Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So... wow. So hard isn't it? So hard.

Yeah. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to say what I'm thinking.

It is extremely difficult to go back to 'just friends' once someone breaches that barrier of romantic interest. It is just hard. Really tough. Few I meet can do it.

And you are seeing this now.

Unless the man asks you for your advice, then I wouldn't give advice. Yet even without any romantic interest whatsoever, it is hard to watch someone doing something that isn't healthy.

Now you know what parents feel like when their child does something that isn't healthy.

I think the only one that can really answer the question of what you should do... is you. Can you just 'be friends' and just be friendly with him? Or, is this going to bother you, until it drives you crazy, and thus isn't healthy for you?

The reality is, if someone wants help, that is when you can help them. If someone is sinking on the Titanic, and refuses to jump into the water and grab the life preserver, then you can't force them to act smart and save their life. But if you keep fighting with them, you'll go down into the water with them.

Sometimes you just have to let it go. I don't think we, based on a single thread on a forum, can tell you what you should do. You have to make that choice at some point. But do not flush your life away, for someone who doesn't want your help. If you can be a positive influence, great. But if not, move on.
We are still friends,but we really do not talk anymore now.I chose to distance myself because I thought the situation would turn bad eventually.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We are still friends,but we really do not talk anymore now.I chose to distance myself because I thought the situation would turn bad eventually.
Likely a good choice.
I just now realized how old this thread is.

• Haha
Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0