Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's never a true dilemma for the few that actually follow the Bible.

M-Bob

In our current society, would that be dresses for girls?
Becasue the intent of dresses is for men to imagine
what is underneath and is available for their pleasure.

Or would you allow pants on women? Or not pants, but dresses?
Or not dresses but pants...like men wear?

Long skirts are not good for working, short skirts are sexy....
what is your biblical dress code then?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Most of my friends atm are women. Ironically, my interests are more feminine in nature too.

But I'm perfectly straight. Have absolutely no attraction to a male whatsoever and only crazy attracted to women.
That's fine but do you wear dresses when with them ? i get along with most women amazing well myself, I love women and am 100% glad that God made the move to include them on earth. But we know our places right ?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I can't believe society has come down to the point that this is even in question. Of course boys don't wear girls cloths, period. Unless they were just drowning and need something dry on to save their lives there is absolutely no good reason to stick a boy in girls clothing and letting him get into that habit when he is playing with girls is silly, actually pathetic.. You won't think it's ok when his future wife finds out he wants to wear her nighties and panty hose. It's cross dressing at any age and letting him do it is giving him the go ahead, " Gee ya son that's fine".. NO, You can calmly tell him in the car on the way home, " look son boys don't wear girls cloths ok, do you ever see dad running around in a dress"? If he regularly plays with little girls at 7 he knows the anatomy is different ( i sure did), he has different equipment than they do. And he needs to dress accordingly, next thing you know he will wonder why he can't wear a bikini to the beach when someone has to tell him to go change out of it.. Talk about confusing the kid ! How about stopping the confusion dead in it's tracks and tell him to go put on his own cloths.
Amen Brother, I was trying to picture me in a dress in the deer woods and I just can't fathom how terribly uncomfortable it would be sitting on a cold hard stump. The wind would also be extremely horrible, Oh I guess I should cross my legs, But now my high heels are stuck in the mud?
Sigh!! I will stick with my overalls

But seriously guys this could really damage a child and it concerns me because as a society people's minds are being weakened by accepting things that are not right.
A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In our current society, would that be dresses for girls?
Becasue the intent of dresses is for men to imagine
what is underneath and is available for their pleasure.

Or would you allow pants on women? Or not pants, but dresses?
Or not dresses but pants...like men wear?

Long skirts are not good for working, short skirts are sexy....
what is your biblical dress code then?

Maybe This Thread should have been a poll?

Let's just cut through the chase here okay??

Do you support little boys wearing dresses??

A very simple question.

That could actually be answered with a very simple answer like yes or no?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe society has come down to the point that this is even in question. Of course boys don't wear girls cloths, period.

And girls should always be in dresses then? Frilly hats too?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen Brother, I was trying to picture me in a dress in the deer woods and I just can't fathom how terribly uncomfortable it would be sitting on a cold hard stump.

Now imagine your daughter hunting in a skirt then.
Should she wear a baggy sweater or a tight one?
Can you wear a tight sweater?
Can she wear baggy man-jeans?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Now imagine your daughter hunting in a skirt then.
That would be fine :] I would have no trouble with that because it is appropriate for a lady to wear if she so chooses too.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe This Thread should have been a poll?

Let's just cut through the chase here okay??

Do you support little boys wearing dresses??

A very simple question.

That could actually be answered with a very simple answer like yes or no?

M-Bob

The biblical answer is that all girls wear dresses at all times, my man.
If you call it your stuck with it.
That's assuming that you don't realise that dresses are for
sexually abusing women easily with the least fuss.
Also, they must remain at home during menstruation weeks
becasue that is when they are unclean and should not be in public.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would be fine :] I would have no trouble with that because it is appropriate for a lady to wear if she so chooses too.
She does not choose. Men dress like men and woman like women. The church decides how that is implemented, not the individual.

1 Timothy 2:9
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,

Deuteronomy 22:5
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Leviticus 19:28
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

1 Timothy 2:10
But with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

God does not approve of wedding rings:

1 Peter 3:3
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear—

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My 7 year old son is crazy lately about playing dress-up with his female friends (most of his friends are girls although he does get on very well with a couple of boys too - his best friend is a boy, they're inseperable when they're together).

To be honest, it worries me a lot as a father to see him running around in dresses and skirts when I go to pic him up from play dates. He's already a nervy, sensitive kid, not into team sports at all and most of his friends are female. On the other hand it's not like he's unsure about whether he's a boy or a girl - he's definitely certain about that fact. I asked him once if he ever wished he was a girl and he said "What for? I just wanna be a boy not a girl", so that seems settled.

The behaviour seems harmless on the surface but then again, the Bible also reads pretty straight on this it seems: “A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God." (Deut. 22:5)

It all seems innocent enough now but I've seen innocent behaviour turn into something much more dangerous. I saw this first-hand in my younger brother who's hopelessly addicted to weed which began with "innocent" experimentation when he was 15.

I don't really know what to do. I don't want to overreact. Some of his friends' parents are pretty liberal too and I don't want them to go "poor kid with his crazy fundie dad". What's the moral thing to do here? Should I stamp out this behaviour and insist on God's word on this or just let it be and hope it's just a passing phase?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Can you help him broaden his interests? There is nothing like hard work and rewards to teach responsibility.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen Brother, I was trying to picture me in a dress in the deer woods and I just can't fathom how terribly uncomfortable it would be sitting on a cold hard stump. The wind would also be extremely horrible, Oh I guess I should cross my legs, But now my high heels are stuck in the mud?
Sigh!! I will stick with my overalls

But seriously guys this could really damage a child and it concerns me because as a society people's minds are being weakened by accepting things that are not right.
A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
Scotty I took my sons fly fishing and so do they take their sons fly fishing. And we camped and canoed, we went to the train yard and ate pizza, went to automobile races, heck I raced myself when they were only 2 and 3 years old and they came with us, we went as a family to the drag strip ( and drag was not cross dressing and stripping lol). As they grew I put the racing aside and we did those other things more so.

Which brings up another point, if they are cross dressing together , this means he is taking his cloths off to get the girls cloths on. At some point he is in his underwear or maybe less if he is putting on their panties too. The whole thing stinks. I'm sitting with my two hands in the air and shaking my head no way !

A man is supposed to bring his sons up to be men. I think of God with Job " stand up and be a man and I will ask you questions And You Will Answer Me " ! Well on a smaller scale we start this formation in our boys early on. And we dance with our little girls ( my youngest daughter at 4 would stand on my toes and we would dance all around the living room, she loved it in her little frilly dresses and long blonde hair). The boys got their own hammer and went out and did reconstruction on the house with dad, or we went in the basement and built model train stuff.. My youngest son couldn't wait to get on a shirt and tie for the holidays ! Why ? Because dad did it and grampa did it back then.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Amen Brother, That is the way it is supposed to be.
This society is neutering males and it is doing it deliberately as I am sure you know.
I am honored to see some males take a biblical stance here :] Praise God.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recall wearing a dress and a heel or two when i was a child with my sister....(she had no other sisters). I did not feel it was weird nor did a feel or believing i was girls or had any attraction to males. Was just good ol fun. That stuff eventually got old and we moved on to other things. Grew up to be a successful family man.

Now had I grew up in this day in age.....I would be termed weird and inappropriate by the religious. I would be the topic of christian forum threads.... "He needs help," they would say...."Boys should not be doing that!" "He is going to turn G-y, if he isnt already" I would have been sent to doctors and pastors.....Prayed for...the demon rebuked from me. The devil exorcised out of me. Maybe put on a few pills. Then........I would start believing what they said about me. I am different....I am weird......because I wore this dress, I must like guys.....and I would walk into the path that you prayed into me while trying to pray it out...

YEs Children have it rough these days.........But not for the reasons most might think....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I recall wearing a dress and a heel or two when i was a child with my sister....(she had no other sisters). I did not feel it was weird nor did a feel or believing i was girls or had any attraction to males. Was just good ol fun. That stuff eventually got old and we moved on to other things. Grew up to be a successful family man.

Now had I grew up in this day in age.....I would be termed weird and inappropriate by the religion. I would be the topic of christian forum threads.... "He needs help," they would say...."Boys should not be doing that!" "He is going to turn G-y, if he isnt already" I would have been sent to doctors and pastors.....Prayed for...the demon rebuked from me. The devil exorcised out of me. Maybe put on a few pills. Then........I would start believing what they said about me. I am different....I am weird......because I wore this dress, I must like guys.....and I would walk into the path that you prayed into me while trying to pray it out...

YEs Children have it rough these days.........But not for the reasons most might think....
No sir. What you are speaking of is not what the OP ask, He ask if it is appropriate to let it continue and it certainly is not. Kids do silly things and probably most of them have done this, but it is not to be condoned by those who know better and who are in authority .
God is not the Author of confusion

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No sir. What you are speaking of is not what the OP ask, He ask if it is appropriate to let it continue and it certainly is not. Kids do silly things and probably most of them have done this, but it is not to be condoned by those who know better and who are in authority .
God is not the Author of confusion
I didnt say to condone or condemn. If you desire for your children to not do something, by all means, tell them to stop. The issue comes when you project your own negative fears and beliefs unto the child. It is not appropriate or inappropriate......If you want them to stop just have them stop.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With him being age 7, It is very appropriate to start showing him how to behave like a little man should.
I've raised more than one male child past the age of 7.... How many have you raised?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.