Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Should I even vote anymore? So discouraged. Seems everyone hates everybody so really what is the point?
I look at it this way. The Electoral College already knows who the president is going to be so there's no point in voting for anybody because the popular vote doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I look at it this way. The Electoral College already knows who the president is going to be so there's no point in voting for anybody because the popular vote doesn't matter.
What about for other elections?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
Pearisburg, Giles Country, Virginia
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What about for other elections. I am so discouraged. Really considering leaving my family and friends and going to live in cave in the mountains.
Well, I mean, you don't have to do all of that. I get upset at my family too for how they think but I brush it off.

Look at it this way. It's best not to react to any of the news or any of that stuff because it's not important (at least I think so.) The only thing that is important is Jesus and spreading the word of the gospel and who cares who disagrees. If you can minister to the poor then so be it. If you can preach at a church then so be it. Do God's work but don't talk about politics in the church.

What I do to get a load off is walk in the mountains. I'm around a lot of hills and places where it's beautiful. You should really visit Pearisburg, virginia. That's where I live. It is heavenly here. I don't know what it is about this small town, but I love it. You might like it too. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I mean, you don't have to do all of that. I get upset at my family too for how they think but I brush it off.

Look at it this way. It's best not to react to any of the news or any of that stuff because it's not important (at least I think so.) The only thing that is important is Jesus and spreading the word of the gospel and who cares who disagrees. If you can minister to the poor then so be it. If you can preach at a church then so be it. Do God's work but don't talk about politics in the church.

What I do to get a load off is walk in the mountains. I'm around a lot of hills and places where it's beautiful. You should really visit Pearisburg, virginia. That's where I live. It is heavenly here. I don't know what it is about this small town, but I love it. You might like it too. Just a suggestion.
Thank you very good advice. Thank you very much for reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you very good advice. Thank you very much for reply.
You're welcome. There's really nice Amish people here too and you could do what I do and help them when you're bored. They'll pay you too! ^_^ It really is worth a journey to get here. You won't regret it.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,233,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Should I even vote anymore? So discouraged. Seems everyone hates everybody so really what is the point?
Dump your party. Don't bother with that other big party. There are other smaller parties where you can feel satisfied voting for someone you can actually like.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You're welcome. There's really nice Amish people here too and you could do what I do and help them when you're bored. They'll pay you too! ^_^ It really is worth a journey to get here. You won't regret it.
Cool I really like Amish. Sometimes I think my life would be better if I was Amish.

Upvote 0

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Cool I really like Amish. Sometimes I think my life would be better if I was Amish.
They are pretty easy going. It's hard work but it's worth it.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you ask them who it is then, for me?

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I voted "no" here, as an expression of my disdain for both major political parties. I suppose you could vote for a Third Party and still do your civic duty. However...... if the virus does not go away by Election Day and that seems most unlikely, then I strongly recommend that all of us take a pass and refuse to vote in person, though mail voting would be fine.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dump your party. Don't bother with that other big party. There are other smaller parties where you can feel satisfied voting for someone you can actually like.
Hmm ok thank you.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I voted "no" here, as an expression of my disdain for both major political parties. I suppose you could vote for a Third Party and still do your civic duty. However...... if the virus does not go away by Election Day and that seems most unlikely, then I strongly recommend that all of us take a pass and refuse to vote in person, though mail voting would be fine.
Thank you good advice.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single