Should i donate blood?

mandse

Aug 13, 2008
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been thinking about giving blood for a while, but the situation in my country is quite bad.
We have a multiethnical society with many homosexuals, jews and atheists, and I'm worried that my blood will go to thoose groups.
I would normally consider the thing giving blood as helping your neighbour, but I'm quite worried.
Should or should I not become a blooddoner?

Best regards
Mandse

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you should, yes. It is not our choice on who lives or dies based on their decisions in life. By giving blood you are doing an act to service your fellow man, an unselfish act which can give life to one - or maybe several - people.

Upvote 0

dodolah

May 11, 2006
✟8,074.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I have been thinking about giving blood for a while, but the situation in my country is quite bad.
We have a multiethnical society with many homosexuals, jews and atheists, and I'm worried that my blood will go to thoose groups.
I would normally consider the thing giving blood as helping your neighbour, but I'm quite worried.

Best regards
Mandse

Jesus died on the cross for Homosexuals, Jews, prostitutes, Atheist,and people like you and me.

It is easy for us to judge people around us without looking deep into ourselves how messed up are we as human beings.

If God loves you, why can't God loves those people? Why should God's love and help be abstained from them? Sure they have sinned, but their sin is no worse than yours and mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

darkshadow

Aug 20, 2008
Here
✟15,566.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you look at it like this maybe it will look different? If you give blood and it saves the life of one of those you listed, who is to say that down the road someone will not speak to them about Christ and there spiritual life be saved all because you gave blood to start with. I give blood as often as I can, not for self praise, but to help others or minister to others the best I can, by giving them another chance. Who knows that blood transfusion might just be what makes them thank, "Hey someone did this for me, but why?" Just as we all should say, "Hey Jesus did this for me but why?" Jesus didn't discriminate who his blood would go to and we should not either. His blood when to the worst it could go to me and you. So yes give and rejoice in the Lord that you are saving lives as Christ saved yours with blood. Sorry that ending sounded like a Blood Donor commercial.

Reactions: Dr. Holly
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Giving blood is a small sacrifice. Once you've done it, you say to yourself, "that was so easy I want to do it tomorrow." Part of the hurdle is just going to a strange place and not knowing what to expect.

I heard recently that much of the donated blood now goes to produce vaccines. So you can think of your donation as saving hundreds of lives.

Jesus wasn't the only one who welcomed sinners and outcasts. The Laws of Moses made sure that aliens were made to feel welcome, and taken care of. When they were not believers, they were still invited to the Jewish festivals. (They weren't allowed to sacrifice their children to Molech though.)

Leviticus 19:34
'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 10:19 So show your love for the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kdrmckinney

Veteran
Dec 10, 2007
Kentucky
Visit site
✟9,194.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Each life is precious to God and it is not ours to say who should receive help (or even salvation for that matter). God walks very close to those who are in darkness and we are to show the love of Christ by our loving acts and attitudes. I hope you will donate blood with a joyful attitude, praying that your act will help whomever God wills.

Upvote 0
R

RyanLeeParis

You should become a blooddoner. Your blood may not necessarily go to a group of people you like, but keep in mind that God created this world we're experiencing and those people are also God's children and have souls the same as you do. Blood keeps our bodies alive and God wants our bodies to live, otherwise our bodies would still be in the earth.

Upvote 0

Alidar Jarok

Site Supporter
May 6, 2006
✟10,564.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I believe that so as long as you have nothing wrong that would make your blood undesirable or any reason that you would be effected medically by donating blood, then by all means you should. It's a great way to help your fellow man, regardless of who receives the blood, we are all men and we should all be equally deserving of blood if need be. God has His plan for everyone in the world, and He will make sure that people are taken care of or not, according to His glorious plan, but I think giving blood is a great thing you can do to be helpful and save lives. That and the cookies afterward are awesome. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Best regards
Mandse

Oh my gosh! What is the matter with you? Are you like racist/homophobic or something? If I were in one of those groups and I heard that comment I would turn around and say I wouldn't want any of your blood. It's the Christian thing to help anyone who needs help no matter if they are of a differing race or sexual preference. If you have that kind of attitude then maybe you shouldn't donate blood. But I would venture to say that a Jew for example wouldn't think anything of helping a fellow human in need. I'm going to pray for you. You sound like you need it. No offense intended.

Upvote 0

dodolah

May 11, 2006
✟8,074.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Oh my gosh! What is the matter with you? Are you like racist/homophobic or something? If I were in one of those groups and I heard that comment I would turn around and say I wouldn't want any of your blood. It's the Christian thing to help anyone who needs help no matter if they are of a differing race or sexual preference. If you have that kind of attitude then maybe you shouldn't donate blood. But I would venture to say that a Jew for example wouldn't think anything of helping a fellow human in need. I'm going to pray for you. You sound like you need it. No offense intended.

I fully agree with your point of view.
However, be careful on the tone of your advice.
I got a warning from the staff that even though the advice is biblical, apparently it's unethical to voice it with too much passions ;). Therefore, it might get edited.

John the Baptist can get in a whole lotta trouble in this forum ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0