Is Watching Naruto a Sin? Can Christians Watch Naruto?

Ph413

Sep 3, 2016
Serbia
✟17,694.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Before I say anything I want to tell you that in the time I was watching Naruto I was reading the Bible and eventually finished it. I pray daily. And then, I got into this video:

After seeing it I told myself that if watching that show is against my faith I will stop doing it. And I did that. I haven't watched a single Naruto episode for a year. And now, my friends who are watching it are talking about it and its last episode. After listening to all that is happening I really want to see how the story ends. Watching that same youtube video one year later, I realised I was going preety blind with that video. I mean, there are symbolism of demons, violence. But also, Bible is telling us that demons exist. Negating that fact won't make it go away. I'm not into watching this anime because I want to summon demons or hurt people, I'm watching it because it shows how to fight it, with an awesome story and plot. Also I've seen this comments on that video as well:

Quote from Pokechozen TCG:"I am a Christian. I watch Naruto. The thing about the third eye? It is a JAPANESE anime right? It will have Japanese culture. Like the Kyuubi (Nine Tails) is an actual myth. All of the Sharingan users have hatred. 666. Hatred. Does Naruto have that? No. He FIGHTS it. And how do you know so much if you don't watch it? Please respond. I want to hear your answer."

Quote from Ken Macster: "Ok now this i reaching a bit...lets not forget that most of the demonic and evil things in naruto are even characterized as evil in the show. Theres so much your ignoring. 1 all the people with the sharingon aka the uchiha were killed by one of there own who saw the evil in the clan and destroyed it. 2 naruto has a demon that at first was the reason why people hated him, and it kept him from finding his destiny, only by conquering his demon (we all have demons we need yo conquer) can he reach his true destiny. Not to mention the message of togetherness, friendship, and teamwork that persists through the show. The show is no different from any other make believe show its ridiculous how every triangle in every situation is just assumed to be illuminati lol this is ludicrous. Ive watched this TV show for years and I am a deep and sincere follower Christ and devoted Christian and never once have i thought of thus show as anything but make believe events in a foreign cartoon"

Regarding all I said here, can I watch it and don't feel bad about it?

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

The entire world of "Naruto" is one endless series of conflicts and skirmishes punctuated by full-on wars. Most of the major population centers make a fair amount of money taxing the incomes of the individuals they send out as mercenaries, allowing them to pay for standing armies. Many of the characters in the series were directly affected by these wars, especially since young children are allowed to begin ninja training in order to keep the numbers up.

For example, consider Kakashi. His father? Killed himself due to the backlash he made while leading a mission. Kakashi's left eye? He got stabbed in his eye during a mission, and so he took the eye from a mortally wounded friend as a replacement. The first arc of "Shippuden" actually has someone try to kill him on sight because his father killed her child during a mission.

The world is full of misery, greed, selfishness, hatred, and bigotry. Naruto's the game-changer more for his ability to bring light to whatever situation he's in than his powers.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Regarding all I said here, can I watch it and don't feel bad about it?

Ultimately it's between you and God what you should do. You should follow your conscience, but then again a conscience can be trained to be mistaken.

Regarding the sharingan being representative of the Mark of the Beast, the author of the video completely missed the point of the Mark. The prophecy itself says it will be used to control buying and selling. It's actually a pretty simple concept; who do we trust, God or money?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,873.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I watch anime like Naruto because I think I might be able to learn something new that I can use in a war against Satan.
Things like teamwork, leadership and the line of speeches to cheer others up...

No one watches anime for that reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Justin-H.S.
Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it's a sin to watch Naruto. I watched the first episode, then some years later I gave it a second chance because I really liked the concept of the show, but both times I was stricken to the core by the bad animation and laughable screenplay. (I literally laughed the whole episode.)

Please... follow heaven's will, and watch My Hero Academia instead.

(Like what you want, people. I'm just a chaotic-neutral who likes a good joke.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums