Should I Continue Growing This YouTube Channel

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The reason im asking is because I made a youtube channel where I make UFC highlights of the fans choosing about 5 years ago. It's starting to grow exponentially now and I know that if I continue to do this I can find success. However, I don't know if it's the right thing to do. People enjoy the videos and it motivates them to go to the gym and work out but what if it motivates them to live for themselves and not care about other people as well? What I really want to do is make videos that inspire people to live more fulfilling lives. I'm not sure if me making these videos is doing that..On one hand a lot of people are starting to do what I'm doing now. Regardless if I stop or not people will continue to make videos like I'm doing. The advantage I have is that I have the most subscribers and the biggest name as of right now. I'm wondering if I should continue to do what I'm doing to see where it takes me, or start something else.. What do you think I should do?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why stop making videos? It's something you enjoy, other people enjoy it, and if it makes profit that's just an added bonus. If it "motivates them to not care about other people", that's their own problem, not yours, because you aren't wanting to do that intentionally.

If you refused to do anything because some people might twist it in a negative direction, no one would ever do anything. So don't worry about it. Keep growing that channel. :)

Reactions: nb408
Upvote 0

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IS there a way to get a message into your UFC video's that will help people lead a more fulfilling life?
I think by continuing to make these videos I may actually be able to do some good. By being a Christian you are a light to the world, Matthew 5:16. You don't need to tell anyone you're a light because your life speaks it. Maybe God is giving me the opportunity to shine some light on this sport..

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The reason im asking is because I made a youtube channel where I make UFC highlights of the fans choosing about 5 years ago. It's starting to grow exponentially now and I know that if I continue to do this I can find success. However, I don't know if it's the right thing to do. People enjoy the videos and it motivates them to go to the gym and work out but what if it motivates them to live for themselves and not care about other people as well? What I really want to do is make videos that inspire people to live more fulfilling lives. I'm not sure if me making these videos is doing that..On one hand a lot of people are starting to do what I'm doing now. Regardless if I stop or not people will continue to make videos like I'm doing. The advantage I have is that I have the most subscribers and the biggest name as of right now. I'm wondering if I should continue to do what I'm doing to see where it takes me, or start something else.. What do you think I should do?

I just recently dealt with this issue with a Christian friend. He was making good money on you tube, but he was making movie stars out of people instead of leading them to God. It seems in your case you might be leading people into a totally antichristian way of life. This guy was just making videos of water slides and his every day fun and games. I prayed much before and during the times I was writing to him, and after my last e mail his mother, who is another friend told me that he quit doing the you tube videos.

Make this a matter of urgent prayer, because some things we do are just not Christian. Ask yourself if those who watch your channel are glorifying God. And ask yourself also if you are glorifying God in doing this.

I will leave you with these verses Paul wrote in Philippians:4:8&9: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."

Upvote 0