• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Should I Be Worried?

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I found out a little while ago that I have lower blood pressure than I should and so far I've only been feeling a bit of dizziness in the head especially after getting up. I'm pretty sure it's not that serious because the doctor would have told me if it was,.. but not sure why I have been feeling the dizziness though. :/

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I found out a little while ago that I have lower blood pressure than I should and so far I've only been feeling a bit of dizziness in the head especially after getting up. I'm pretty sure it's not that serious because the doctor would have told me if it was,.. but not sure why I have been feeling the dizziness though. :/
Getting up too quickly does not help. The heart has to work a bit harder to get the blood up to your head. I used to suffer a bit. I don't rush to get up so much now.

• Informative
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'm not a medical professional, but I believe low blood pressure can cause you to pass out if it gets too low. This could cause you to hit your head on a hard surface. If the doc didn't prescribe anything to you then it's probably not low enough to worry about. I think dehydration can lower your blood pressure so be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

• Informative
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm not a medical professional, but I believe low blood pressure can cause you to pass out if it gets too low. This could cause you to hit your head on a hard surface. If the doc didn't prescribe anything to you then it's probably not low enough to worry about. I think dehydration can lower your blood pressure so be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Well I do drink lots of water throughout the day. I need to since I don't have a lot of fiber in my diet and I've had constipation issues before that led me into the ER back before I knew what it was. (Prunes, fiber gummies, and stool softeners helps this as well though.)

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Definitely double check with your provider. Don’t feel like you can’t ask to make sure you get all your answers clear and explained properly. I too have felt light headed and nauseous when getting up too quickly.

• Useful
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Definitely double check with your provider. Don’t feel like you can’t ask to make sure you get all your answers clear and explained properly. I too have felt light headed and nauseous when getting up too quickly.

That's another thing. Every other day I seem to have pain in my head that gets worse and worse and I wind up vomiting at night afterwards. Not really sure if that goes together with low blood pressure or not though.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's another thing. Every other day I seem to have pain in my head that gets worse and worse and I wind up vomiting at night afterwards. Not really sure if that goes together with low blood pressure or not though.

That sounds like migraine.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
That sounds like migraine.

Yeah,.. but can migraines be a symptom of low blood pressure? And I'm very well aware of the fact that I get migraines, but I've seemed to be getting them rather frequently lately.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I had lower than normal blood pressure growing up and would get a little dizzy and almost black out if I was relaxed and got up too quickly. When you accelerate upwards from rest your blood is pulled from your head and your heart has to pump it back up there again. As for pain in your head I don't think low blood pressure has anything to do with that I would have it looked at could be something else going on there possibly serious.
I no longer have low blood pressure in fact I'm struggling not to have high blood pressure as I get older.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah,.. but can migraines be a symptom of low blood pressure? And I'm very well aware of the fact that I get migraines, but I've seemed to be getting them rather frequently lately.

I'm not sure about that one. If I remember correctly, migraines are caused by your serotonin levels, but you'd have to ask a doc about that one.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom

In in my 60's and always had fairly low blood pressure. They said when I was younger as I got older it would adjust upwards and it has. Now my blood pressure is in the perfect range.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
In in my 60's and always had fairly low blood pressure. They said when I was younger as I got older it would adjust upwards and it has. Now my blood pressure is in the perfect range.

If you don't mind me asking you,.. how old were you when they told you that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What I mean in my twenties they told me I had fair low blood pressure. All through the years I knew this plus my doctors knew it to. They assured me though when I'd get older it'd naturally get higher. So in a way you could say there was a benefit of having it a little bit low.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why don’t you put your desire on Jesus? How ? Just call His name. When you have your desire on Jesus, He will keep in perfect peace, you will not be worried anymore about lower blood pressure. Why ? His word is life. Sure His word revive your blood.

H
haji786
Placing your hopes in Jesus will bring you complete health and tranquility since His word is life and can heal every ailment, including high blood pressure
Upvote 0
Upvote 0