Should I be surprised to see this coming from a Presbyterian pastor?

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or you carefully balance the coin on its edge, as in one of the conservative Presbyterian denominations. To my knowledge, while there are signs of women holding positions similar to elder in the NT, the only explicit statement involves deacons. So this group (I forget which) allows women to be deacons but not elders.

Coin balancing are for musicians who trick those that bought tickets to see them. Men tithes to see men perform magic tricks to make women disappear from the pulpit. I figured out how this magic trick is done. They use techniques that was only used 2000 years ago in a culture that no longer exists.

magic-jesus.gif

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They walk along the pews smiling and looking each in the eye thinking, "Look! , I can do something a woman can't do !, collect money offerings". No ladies make announcements, read scripture nor talk about common things. I think it's more of a male ego thing. I look back into the eye thinking how can they be that extreme?

That's why there are no women in the PCA or any Baptist church.

Oh wait, more than half of virtually every congregation is women! If they don't have a problem with it, then why should you--an obvious outsider--care?

As I said before, I was a United Methodist. Women pastors don't really bother me, but if that is the rule in my new church, then I will accept it. In the UMC, I was able to fill the pulpit as laity and I did that several times a year, but I also accept that I can no longer do that in the PCA.

There's a gazillion denominations in the US. It is extremely un-Christian to join one that you don't like just to instigate change. Find the one that fits you and don't worry about the others. Not letting women preach may or may not be wrong, but it is not apostasy.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Coin balancing are for musicians who trick those that bought tickets to see them. Men tithes to see men perform magic tricks to make women disappear from the pulpit. I figured out how this magic trick is done. They use techniques that was only used 2000 years ago in a culture that no longer exists.

Just because something is old, that doesn't make it wrong. That "culture that no longer exists" actually does still exist. Women do not lead men in worship in any religion on earth except for pagan religions and liberal protestantism.

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

Just because something is old, that doesn't make it wrong. That "culture that no longer exists" actually does still exist. Women do not lead men in worship in any religion on earth except for pagan religions and liberal protestantism.

And the last time I checked the vast majority of humanity gets around eight hours of sleep at night and eats food. It seems that those ancient practices are still hanging in there. ;)

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the last time I checked the vast majority of humanity gets around eight hours of sleep at night and eats food. It seems that those ancient practices are still hanging in there. ;)

I wish I could get 8 hours of sleep a night!:prayer:

Upvote 0

HeraldOfTheHolyOne

יהוה יהוה אל רחום וחנון ארך אפים ורב חסד ואמת
Dec 27, 2013
California
✟8,380.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
To the original post: Yes, you should be surprised. Many PCUSA presbyteries are accepting toward heresies and approvals of immorality by ministries. No doubt many of those congregations are not even true churches.

Upvote 0