Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's the wicked, what about the righteous?

Romans 3:10-12

We all came into this world unrighteous sinners condemned under the Law. Each and every single one of us.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion a baby is innocent until they are old enough to steal, lie, commit adultery and murder etc. and then, when they come of age, they are old enough to decide for themselves. I think the Catholics have a place for babies? But anyway, I do not see babies as breaking the law of God. In my church we dedicate babies to the Lord like Hannah did with Samuel, and we bring them up in the way they should go.
no one comes into the world innocent.

• Agree
Reactions: Navair2
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What happened to the thief on the cross?
The one that asked the Lord Jesus to remember him?
He would have gotten baptized given the opportunity. He desired to be
baptized obviously.

• Agree
Reactions: 1an
Upvote 0

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟239,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was baptised as a baby but only recently because a Christian at 20 ?

should I be baptised again?
Baptism as a baby does not count because as a baby you cannot make the decision to follow Christ. Deciding to follow Christ is a personal decision that has to be made by you. So i would encourage you to get rebaptised the right way. And by full water immersion not sprinkling of water on your head as that is not biblical, Jesus was fully immersed in water.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Baptism as a baby does not count because as a baby you cannot make the decision to follow Christ. Deciding to follow Christ is a personal decision that has to be made by you.

Just because you cannot make a decision for Christ, does not mean Christ cannot make a decision for you...

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Romans 3:10-12

We all came into this world unrighteous sinners condemned under the Law. Each and every single one of us.

-CryptoLutheran
All have gone astray (turned aside) FROM God. Where were they before they went astray?

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I was born into a Church of England family, who went to church but did not believe.
They had grown up with church and the form of faith was their guide not its reality.

My christening fell into this category.
If one has a sacramental view of faith, then the church making you a Christian has meaning.
If one holds believers define the Kingdom, become members of the Kingdom through repentance and faith. Baptism is the celebration of that faith, a symbol of the forgiveness of ones sins and washing by Christs blood and the resurrection into new life in Him.

For me getting baptised was the testimony to this living faith, which was very different from that which my parents followed. In real spiritual terms I was very different from my parents, and they did not have faith in the blood of Christ cleansing them and salvation. When I talked to my mother about this, she denied everything and just held going to church and being good was everything.

In real terms I could not buy into this or did it reflect what Jesus had put in my heart, so I had to get baptised. It was this simple.

God bless you

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I was born into a Church of England family, who went to church but did not believe.
They had grown up with church and the form of faith was their guide not its reality.

My christening fell into this category.
If one has a sacramental view of faith, then the church making you a Christian has meaning.
If one holds believers define the Kingdom, become members of the Kingdom through repentance and faith. Baptism is the celebration of that faith, a symbol of the forgiveness of ones sins and washing by Christs blood and the resurrection into new life in Him.

For me getting baptised was the testimony to this living faith, which was very different from that which my parents followed. In real spiritual terms I was very different from my parents, and they did not have faith in the blood of Christ cleansing them and salvation. When I talked to my mother about this, she denied everything and just held going to church and being good was everything.

In real terms I could not buy into this or did it reflect what Jesus had put in my heart, so I had to get baptised. It was this simple.

God bless you
Brilliant testimony and that is what baptism is all about.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Brilliant testimony and that is what baptism is all about.
...depending on whether one is an adherent of the faith of historic Christianity--either Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran, or Reformed--or, on the other hand, of the minority of a minority which came out of the so-called "Radical Reformation."

So now, just about every possible "slant" or advice on Baptism has been offered to Lucille. It is not for us to debate against each other on this forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

... I was baptized twice just for good measure. My wife, three times!

So, you do what you feel you need to do to do that which the Lord would have you do !!! :cool:

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

The sacrament has a limited effect, but you can testify any time.

Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
YES !! as infant stuff is NOTHING TO DO WITH GODS WORD..(Jesus Christ)..man made..

Ac 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

REPENT.. baby's cant
BAPTISM.. Greek word (dip, immerse, submerge etc) symbol of burial; right under.

RECIEVE the HOLY GHOST...only given by contact with God (for real, when you do it his way)not man !

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

when a baby is born it usually makes a sound or cries out ;so do you when you are born again (from above) just as in acts the pure language God gives to you upon receiving the Spirit (tongues).

Jesus said...

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
NOT THOSE WHO DONT or make excuses..

most are still in a holding pattern of repentance..
so be careful how you hear ..

Mat 7v13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,987.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Assuming a valid Christian Baptism...When you were Baptized you were made part of Christ's Body. You are a Christian.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
According to Genesis, in the Garden.

-CryptoLutheran
True, but I meant where were they spiritually. In order for them to turn away from God they must have known, believed and followed Him previously.

This is important, because the OSAS people say, that those who backslide never believed in the first place, but here we have God himself saying, they have turned away from me, meaning they once belonged, honoured and followed him previously. This to my mind proves that people can and do turn away from the Lord.

Reactions: Saint JOHN
Upvote 0