Should Christians use hemp oil? (non THC hemp oil)

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Aspirin is actually health for people with high blood pressure, 80mg enteric coated only. Low dose. But even in high doses 250mg it can be useful. For example in a heart attack, if you have them chew up a high dose aspirin, it can save their life. it is important if you take it regularly in low dose to have it enteric coated as it can eat a hole in your stomach. The coating allows it to be digested in the intestine. But even if illegal, I would question it. But then they may just have to write a prescription. But in conclusion aspirin can be altered to be safe for regular use. Pot cannot be so it's a fallacy of biased sample here. The sample given does not compare to generally harmful drugs like pot, or methamphetamine for example. Neither would caffeine for example compare to generally harmful drugs.

So if something is potentially harmful to the body in anyway than it should be a sin?

What about taco bell?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is all changed now for seniors. It is causing too many to bleed out so they revised the treatment. But hey, a dose of cayenne tea is more effective.
well I just took a first aid course, and they recommended it for someone having a heart attack. But you are right, they recently stopped recommending it for people who had not had a heart attack, or had diabetes (a regular low dose that is). I found a harvard study, that mentioned some interesting stuff: "In a nutshell, people with diabetes appear to benefit from aspirin, but the risk of bleeding offsets some of that benefit. These studies suggest that for people who don't have diabetes — as well as anyone who is age 70 or older — aspirin provides no heart benefit and seems to increase your odds of bleeding. This means some people currently taking low-dose aspirin should consider stopping it, says Dr. Cannon. (Note that these findings don't change the advice for people who've already had a heart attack or stroke; for them, aspirin is still recommended.)" Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know that they stopped recommending low dose for regular use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So if something is potentially harmful to the body in anyway than it should be a sin?

What about taco bell?
It's important not to be legalistic about it. Besides this is what is called an informal fallacy, poisoning the well. Just because there is one drug that does cause mental illness (pot), we should not therefore assume that any drug that is harmful is sin. I would not say that a smoker cannot enter heaven for example. My mother was an avid smoker, before all the treatments were available to stop smoking. She died of it, from lung cancer. But I believe she will be in heaven. I think it's dangerous to say smoking is a sin. Because what that will do is condemn the millions of christians who smoke. But one can easily say, why have grace for smoking while not having grace for smoking pot? Because pot has an additional stigma attached to it, it is illegal still in many states. So that answers that question. Caffeine for example in unhealthy, but many studies are saying coffee is actually beneficial. But no studies I know of say smoking either pot or cigarettes is healthy. I would stay away from both of them. Same with alcohol. But that is just my personal conviction. I have been eating healthier lately, and avoiding all forms of alcohol. On holidays I may have one glass of wine or other, but that is it. I used to casually drink a glass on weekends. Sometimes one on saturday and one on sunday, but now it does not go with my diet I am on (alcohol has too many carbs). On the keto diet. Keto diet has changed my life. I can actually fast now, for prayer reasons, and not get light headed. To fast without lightheadedness while on keto, you just take three tablespoons of canola oil a day. In a drink or in a soup. I also use bullion as a soup and add the oil there. Because on keto, many don't have enough electrolytes (sodium, potasium, and magnesium), and get what is called a keto flu.

• Winner
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The real danger of saying pot is a sin, is that the Bible is simply silent on the topic.
Hiw is it not a sin? Stabbing you self in the gut repeatedly is not in the bible either. Both are sins.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Hiw is it not a sin? Stabbing you self in the gut repeatedly is not in the bible either. Both are sins.

We are not free to declare sin willy-nilly, that carries grave spiritual danger.

Stabbing yourself in the gut repeatedly is mental illness, and that person needs our care, not judgment. Using pot, where it is legal, is a personal choice that should be weighed carefully in light of stewardship of our resources and the health of others.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Our bodies are temples. How suited is hemp oil for God's temple?

That's a really abused clobber passage, because taken to its extreme, we would have no liberty to do much of anything worldly with our bodies, yet we believe life is a gift. And gifts are meant to be used and enjoyed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

How is stabbing yourself a sin?

Is fastfood a sin too? It stabs ur gut and butt.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How is stabbing yourself a sin?

Is fastfood a sin too? It stabs ur gut and butt.
This is considered poisoning the well. Fast food does not instantly kill and takes years if not decades of misuse to ruin a life. A knife in the gut on the other hand kills fairly instantly. So the comparison to a lighter type of misuse is a fallacy of poisoning the well.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is considered poisoning the well. Fast food does not instantly kill and takes years if not decades of misuse to ruin a life. A knife in the gut on the other hand kills fairly instantly. So the comparison to a lighter type of misuse is a fallacy of poisoning the well.

Does the speed of the death determine if it a sin or not?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are not free to declare sin willy-nilly, that carries grave spiritual danger.

Stabbing yourself in the gut repeatedly is mental illness, and that person needs our care, not judgment. Using pot, where it is legal, is a personal choice that should be weighed carefully in light of stewardship of our resources and the health of others.
yes not taking care of your body is a sin. It could be as simple as too much excersize ruining your joints permanently. Not taking care of your body is sin. Now some may say does that make fast food sin? And the answer is not really. Because for me, I eat fastfood maybe once every two weeks, but I am fairly healthy because I don't eat it every day. So simply saying it's a sin is too simplistic. How much is sinful. Well that would depend on other factors.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

That's not what poisoning the well means. Poisoning the well is where I try to detract from an argument by associating it with something objectionable.

We should not treat people with mental illness as engaging in sin. Luther said when that happens, people are overcome by things they can't control, so it isn't a sin necessarily. We should have compassion on people like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you aware of the ingredients of the oils used by the priests in the Temple?
yes all the ingredients are listed in the old testament. no THC there. I don't think low dose THC is a problem, but some christians don't like it. I personally think it alters the mental state as the peer review states. So for my and my house, no THC. Just plain old hemp oil, which actually reverses the affect of altering the mental state (from THC use). If driving under the influence of pot is illegal, it should show you that THC alters the mental state. Not like alcohol. Alcohol also does so, but THC does so permanently. (I am bowing out of this thread for awhile, thanks for the talks, it really helped answer all my questions)

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
yes not taking care of your body is a sin.

That's just not true. To say something is a sin, we need more than just the idea something is distasteful or unwise. We need a violation of a command of God. . Pr. Fisk demonstrates why the Church has no authority to declare smoking, for instance, a sin (go to 8:32 and start watching there):

E]

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll chime in. God recently gave me the blessing to start an industrial hemp farm to grow this medicine. We are well along in the process and have started our first grow.

I use to use medical marijuana to deal with my crippling pain, that is until God said NO! He clearly let me know that he ABHORES it. It scared me. When he lets you know, you know. And when he says no, I comply. Hemp is different. The CBD is almost the opposite of THC. THC can cause anxiety and paranoia in high doses and CBD has anti-anxiety effects. It stops certain seizures from epilepsy and shrinks cancer cells. It has anti-inflammatory properties as well. I think God has a plan with this plant. Soon to be a plant of renown. If possible I would like to breed out any traces of THC in my hemp plants. Oh and BBB sells it now lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.PNG
    IMG_0181.PNG
    5.2 MB · Views: 2
  • Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

brarner

Feb 28, 2020
Malaysia
✟15,301.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi

Here was a conversation about how much does it cost to get a hemp license.
Here is a little about it on web page:
The initial (nonrefundable) application fee is $250, and successful applicants will pay another $2,000 before getting their permit (down from $3,000 last year).

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There has been considerable debate about this. Many say hemp oil helps them with pain, seizures and a host of other illnesses. I asked a pastor the other day, and while he is pretty certain smoking week for recreation is against the bible, he was sort of unsure about hemp oil, especially non THC hemp oil. While he did not think it was suitable for him or his wife, who has a lot of pain to use it (because they are in ministry), they could not find a suitable answer to if a christian should use it or not. I personally think non THC hemp oil is not a bad thing, but I do want to post a peer review about it.

My son has autism, and I asked his psychiatrist about it, and she said that hemp oil can induce psychosis. Basically that means if Schizoaffective disorder runs in the family, that someone taking hemp oil regularly can get psychosis earlier than if the did not use it. It won't give it to you if it does not run in the family but it can if it does. So I was just thinking, I would like some confirmation about this so i googled it, and found out she was right:

I was reading a peer review and found this:

"Several reports suggest that the average Δ9-THC content of cannabis may be increasing [170]. The psychoactive effects of cannabis vary according to its Δ9-THC content. Cannabidiol has been shown to have anxiolytic and antipsychotic effects [126, 242] leading to the suggestion that CBD may offset some of the adverse effects of Δ9-THC. Just as there is variability in the Δ9-THC content of cannabis, there is variability in the CBD content of cannabis. Thus, if the consequences of cannabis exposure are related to Δ9-THC content and if CBD offsets some of the effects of Δ9-THC, then exposure to cannabis with a higher Δ9-THC content and/or low CBD content might be associated with greater negative consequences. "

peer review here:
Cannabis and psychosis/schizophrenia: human studies

This is not a thread about recreational use of marijuana, or about using THC hemp oil as that is against the rules.

but this is about the morality of non THC hemp oil.
(I don't think it's against the rules to post this, but I just wanted you to know I am not really sure)

What is the morality of chronic pain?

Upvote 0