Should Christians use hemp oil? (non THC hemp oil)

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rare? Actually almost every psychiatrist is aware of the problem, and you call it rare? Remember that these side effects were duplicated in clinical trials.
Psychologists are aware of a lot of rare stuff. How does the ability to replicate it in clinical trials not make it rare?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I thought the thread was about non THC hemp oil
it is, but people keep posting on their use of low dose hemp oil.
But non THC oil does have many health benefits, the THC usually has issues.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psychologists are aware of a lot of rare stuff. How does the ability to replicate it in clinical trials not make it rare?
if it was rare they would not be able to reproduce it in a lab.

would they?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course they can, just reproduce the rare circumstances that cause it.
well this is begging the question. The articles I provide seem to indicate that the amounts of THC in question were normal usages. You have questioned that and said it was a rare situation. But refuse to provide sources for where you have obtained that information= "that it was rare."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've found that many if not most of the life long pot smokers have developed a paranoia, not of getting caught, but of seeing themselves as a sort of black sheep, but casting the blame on others. To me this is not so much of a mental failing but more of a conscience eating away at their stubborn pride. The only difference between recreational pot and cigarette or alcohol, is the self justification that pot is less harmful. Just because it is not addictive like cigs or booze, does not mean there is not a psychological addiction to a frame of mind. That exists. And that original intent of mind/spirit expansion becomes a one way fast trip deep into self. But quite frankly, anything that becomes a crutch, be it healthy or otherwise, just means the person is a lesser being than they could be and has basically made their crutch an idol that comes between them and their ability to channel God. The older we get the more we need our wits to be clear. The world has many ways to drag us back down to it's level.

But again I stress, this has nothing to do with non THC industrial hemp and the oil, food or whatever derived from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've found that many if not most of the life long pot smokers have developed a paranoia, not of getting caught, but of seeing themselves as a sort of black sheep, but casting the blame on others. To me this is not so much of a mental failing but more of a conscience eating away at their stubborn pride. The only difference between recreational pot and cigarette or alcohol, is the self justification that pot is less harmful. Just because it is not addictive like cigs or booze, does not mean there is not a psychological addiction to a frame of mind. That exists. And that original intent of mind/spirit expansion becomes a one way fast trip deep into self. But quite frankly, anything that becomes a crutch, be it healthy or otherwise, just means the person is a lesser being than they could be and has basically made their crutch an idol that comes between them and their ability to channel God. The older we get the more we need our wits to be clear. The world has many ways to drag us back down to it's level.

But again I stress, this has nothing to do with non THC industrial hemp and the oil, food or whatever derived from it.
I agree with this post about the addiction that is caused by smoking weed. But the THC levels as well, are what is causing paranoia.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But the THC levels as well, are what is causing paranoia.
But there is no THC to speak of in industrial hemp which is used to make all sorts of products. Why should it be equally condemned along with it's cousin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But there is no THC to speak of in industrial hemp which is used to make all sorts of products. Why should it be equally condemned along with it's cousin?
I don't know of anyone condemning hemp use, although supporting it does support an illegal drug industry in general. But if more legitimate sources raised for hemp, then that would solve this problem.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well this is begging the question. The articles I provide seem to indicate that the amounts of THC in question were normal usages. You have questioned that and said it was a rare situation. But refuse to provide sources for where you have obtained that information= "that it was rare."
“However, only a very small proportion of the general population exposed to cannabinoids develop a psychotic illness.”

It’s also easily observable that it is rare. A huge portion of the population has smoked pot, and a large portion smokes regularly. Yet most people have never met someone who has pot induced schizophrenia like symptoms or psychosis. Marijuana is known in the medical field as being a pretty safe drug, and is used by a lot of folks in the medical field.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even non THC industrial hemp?
hemp right now is tied to marijuana. For example if the marijuana stocks go up, the hemp stocks go up as well because marijuana is the parent sector. But in the future, if we choose as a people to not support hemp that comes from marijuana sectors and only choose hemp that is a completely separate entity, like the hemp you mention for example, it would be better. I assume the industrial hemp you are talking about is separate from the marijuana sector but I don't know for sure.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“However, only a very small proportion of the general population exposed to cannabinoids develop a psychotic illness.”

It’s also easily observable that it is rare. A huge portion of the population has smoked pot, and a large portion smokes regularly. Yet most people have never met someone who has pot induced schizophrenia like symptoms or psychosis. Marijuana is known in the medical field as being a pretty safe drug, and is used by a lot of folks in the medical field.
that is only because it only affects those who are already susceptible to psychosis. Among those who are susceptible to psychosis, it is not rare, but the majority. prayerfully it will become wide spread knowledge that marijuana has been proven to have a psychoactive compound (THC). As this article states: Hemp is now legal in the U.S., so what does that mean for pot companies?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well industrial hemp is the only one the CBD oil comes from.
well then in that case it would be a necessary evil. But hopefully and prayerfully marijuana does not keep getting legalized. As this would force hemp to separate from that sector and someone become independent. But I don't know for sure any of this. I am just guessing and brainstorming, it's all a learning process. Here in this article it mentions CBD is still considered by the FDA a drug ingredient, not it's own entity, so that would have to change Hemp is now legal in the U.S., so what does that mean for pot companies?. and like I said prayerfully it will become wide spread knowledge that marijuana has been proven to have a psychoactive compound (THC). And hopefully states that have legalized it will retrace their steps in a more moral way.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
that is only because it only affects those who are already susceptible to psychosis. Among those who are susceptible to psychosis, it is not rare, but the majority. prayerfully it will become wide spread knowledge that marijuana has been proven to have a psychoactive compound (THC). As this article states: Hemp is now legal in the U.S., so what does that mean for pot companies?
LOL, nice switcharoo with the goalposts there... good luck with reviving a “reefer madness” scare.

Upvote 0