• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Should Christians use hemp oil? (non THC hemp oil)

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by createdtoworship, Mar 12, 2019.

1. createdtoworship

createdtoworship In the grip of grace

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    They sell flavors here, which is nice. I hear hemp oil is discusting.

2. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I presume it was the THC that was the contributing factor. Did they mention non THC hemp oil? I didn't read all of it.

3. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+6,663
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    50% is too high for me.

4. mmksparbud

+6,663
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    It was high THC--smoking it. Kids just want to get high. I'm opposed to that, I'm all for medical use.

5. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Didn't you say 1 to 2 parts THC? Normal usage is 1 part THC to 20.

6. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    People who use it for medical use also get high.

7. mmksparbud

+6,663
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others

I never went with a percentage. I always asked the dispenser to give me what was the best for pain, sleep and muscle relaxant---I would tell them I have no interest in THC and they would send the highest CBD with the lowest THC that they had. ( I would call them with my request, and within 45 min. they would deliver it to my door!)I never read the percentages. I used .9 gm to one qt. water--with 1/4 c coconut oil--put it in my little crock pot for 8 hours--then I added 1/3 sunflower lecithin--when cooled I kept in frig.
    Gives a whole new meaning to the word--"crockpot!" I tried to use as little as possible for some relief. I've been in daily pain for the past 27 years.

8. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,577
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I understand that there will be opposition to the use of THC. However, I have personal friends and relatives that are Christian and have been using it with a medical license for a few years now. They find that it is a most effective treatment.

I guess it would be something that you would have to weigh the cost... Severe life limiting chronic back pain.... or the chance of mental issues... .

The other products are not taken in the usual methods and do not render the person unable to function.

9. JacksBratt

+5,577
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I think that moderation is the key.. Just like alcohol. If you are using it for a recreational drug, like alcohol... it can be a slippery slope.

Use for pain and other issues would be a medicinal dose.

We have been cultured to see it as a horrible thing... while we drink coffee, alcohol and use sleeping pills and antacids....

Intelligent use is always the determining factor.

10. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+5,218
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Prescription opioids are killing everyone in sight but a non-addictive herb is evil. Such is the way of high finance..

11. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I am fairly sure the peer reviews are for people who smoke weed regularly, their THC levels are sky high. a 5 percent THC dropper, that you don't get high off of, probably has little side effects. But I am not a doctor, and that is just my opinion. The articles didn't really say if what form of cannibus they were using, I don't think.

I was reading a peer review and found this:

"Several reports suggest that the average Δ9-THC content of cannabis may be increasing [170]. The psychoactive effects of cannabis vary according to its Δ9-THC content. Cannabidiol has been shown to have anxiolytic and antipsychotic effects [126, 242] leading to the suggestion that CBD may offset some of the adverse effects of Δ9-THC. Just as there is variability in the Δ9-THC content of cannabis, there is variability in the CBD content of cannabis. Thus, if the consequences of cannabis exposure are related to Δ9-THC content and if CBD offsets some of the effects of Δ9-THC, then exposure to cannabis with a higher Δ9-THC content and/or low CBD content might be associated with greater negative consequences. "

peer review here:
    Cannabis and psychosis/schizophrenia: human studies

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  12. Shempster

Shempster ImJustMe Supporter

+772
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Then I hope you don't consume caffeine or sugar. And I hope you are not an athlete. And I hope you don't have sex. And I hope you don't eat a lot.
    Getting "high" is all about triggering the release of neurotransmitters like dopamine and seratonin.
    Caffeine reacts with the exact same receptors and cocaine does. Eating sugar or cocoa releases dopamine. Running or weight lifting releases dopamine to levels that rival heroin.
    Even gambling can release these chemicals that make one feel "high".

It always seemed odd to me that many Christians focus on certain substances and call them evil while consuming others that do the same thing. Maybe to a lesser degree, but high is high. Jesus said it is not what goes into the body that defiles someone, but rather what comes out from the heart.

Think about it.

13. Dirk1540

Dirk1540 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,520
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I can barely take this seriously! Ok...which do you prefer, someone driving your kids to school after smoking a joint or after eating a chocolate bar?

14. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    do you have peer reviews that state that excersizing causes mental illness due to dopamine release? We have provided several of them for marijuana. So the comparison does not really fit here.

15. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    this quote basically says that smoking weed is what causes the mental illness, not using CBD oil.

according to the peer review.

16. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,099
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That is an exceptionally rare side effect. Prob far fewer than nut allergies and we don’t outlaw peanuts.

17. JacksBratt

+5,577
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I am really not concerned about mental illness's spiking due to the use of legal cannabinoids.
    Especially when the majority of them are not administered by smoking a joint. Most are topical oils and lotions, pills or other tinctures.

18. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Rare? Actually almost every psychiatrist is aware of the problem, and you call it rare? Remember that these side effects were duplicated in clinical trials.

19. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Again it's not the smoking that causes the mental illness it's the THC. It's just that smoking creates alot of THC absorbtion.

20. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+5,218
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I thought the thread was about non THC hemp oil