Should Christians use hemp oil? (non THC hemp oil)

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is absolutely no reason not to use hemp products. They used to make clothes and even rope out of it. Does your pastor use aspirin? It's probably more harmful than hemp! I used medical marijuana for about 2 years about 4 - 5 years ago. I cooked it, never smoked it, and I never once got high--have no idea what that is like. It saved my life. Until then I was in soooo much pain all I could do was pray for God to take me. I am all for medical use of even marijuana, am totally opposed to all this getting high business. That is definitely not godly. Hemp oil is no different than avocado oil from a Christian viewpoint.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This ‘Debate’ doesn’t even make sense, even if you Biblically debate that you should never ever be high or drunk, even slightly. The Biblical debate should have nothing to do with consumption of trace amounts of THC that don’t get you high, the Biblical debate should be about being high. This is almost like debating whether or not you can use glue on envelopes, because some people sniff glue to get high, it misses the point.
I was unsure if it was against the forum rules to post in the OP about THC laced hemp oil, that was all it was. But I do have a pastor friend that does not want to be seen using the oil, even without the THC in it, because he wants to be above reproach. Pastors many times will not counsel women alone in their offices for the same reason, they don't want people talking about it, and to avoid temptation as well. At least the pastors in my circle of colleagues don't, that I know of anyway.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is absolutely no reason not to use hemp products. They used to make clothes and even rope out of it. Does your pastor use aspirin? It's probably more harmful than hemp! I used medical marijuana for about 2 years about 4 - 5 years ago. I cooked it, never smoked it, and I never once got high--have no idea what that is like. It saved my life. Until then I was in soooo much pain all I could do was pray for God to take me. I am all for medical use of even marijuana, am totally opposed to all this getting high business. That is definitely not godly. Hemp oil is no different than avocado oil from a Christian viewpoint.
a pastor friend asked everyone around a camp fire if they though medical marijuana was ok to smoke. And they universally said no. I don't think medical marijuana should be smoked, by christians. They also say a date rape drug can lessen depression. Both are a no no. What you are doing is encouraging the legalization of pot.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
a pastor friend asked everyone around a camp fire if they though medical marijuana was ok to smoke. And they universally said no. I don't think medical marijuana should be smoked, by christians. They also say a date rape drug can lessen depression. Both are a no no. What you are doing is encouraging the legalization of pot.

That is fine with me. I would continue to used the marijuana if I could afford it. I never got high--I never smoked it. It is for medical purposes and I totally believe that God is perfectly fine with the way I used it. I was at my wits end--I finally just said God--either help me, or take me, I can not take the pain any more. He agreed. He sent a friend of my husbands who didn't even know me, $500 for me to get on medical marijuana. This guy gave money to certain people that God told him to help. He could have chosen several others. He gives it away--0no paying back. This not only helped me with my pain, I had had bleeding gums for years, very tender, dentists did all they could---that stopped a few weeks after starting it. It has never come bac k, even after I stopped using it. Medical decisions should be made by medical personnel with their patients, not the ignorant. Cannabis was used legally until about 1930's---it was even used for teething babies. The reason it became illegal was totally based on the bigoted ideas of William Randolph Hurst!!
As I said---I never smoked it--I cooked it--made a tea. It is ridiculous to keep suffering people from obtaining the help they need because of ignorance.

• Agree
Reactions: Earth18
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting point.. God's laws or man's ?
if you use pot, you are encouraging the sellers of pot. Does that make sense? Hemp oil, is in a different category because 99.9% of people don't use it to get high.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
if you use pot, you are encouraging the sellers of pot. Does that make sense? Hemp oil, is in a different category because 99.9% of people don't use it to get high.

I used pot and never got high. I had a doctors prescription for it--no different than having a doctors prescription for any other medication you use. Even antibiotics are being overused and because of the stupidity of some people, others who need them are now having trouble with them working. No different than other drugs--because of a few idiots, the beneficial use of some things end up inaccessible to those in need. I have to have tramadol for my pain, have used it for over 20 years. Until a year ago it was not even considered an opiate. Now, because of a few ignorant idiots who abused it, it is not going to be available to me and I will have to suffer even more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would like to share an analogous incident in my life. Some years ago my wife and I and a friend and his wife went to dinner. I occasionally have a glass of wine I wanted a glass of wine but that place only served carafes, about 2 1/2 glasses. So I ordered a carafe. Some time later I heard the friend's wife talking to someone, trying to excuse or justify her husband's alcoholism she said "Well, he drank a whole bottle of wine." Since that time nobody will ever see me drink my occasional glass of wine. Actually one of the little 8 oz bottles that airlines serve. So if I were to try CBD oil nobody would know. One of my relatives recently told me that her sister was greatly improved after using CBD oil for a few weeks but that another relative was not helped at all.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I would like to share an analogous incident in my life. Some years ago my wife and I and a friend and his wife went to dinner. I occasionally have a glass of wine I wanted a glass of wine but that place only served carafes, about 2 1/2 glasses. So I ordered a carafe. Some time later I heard the friend's wife talking to someone, trying to excuse or justify her husband's alcoholism she said "Well, he drank a whole bottle of wine." Since that time nobody will ever see me drink my occasional glass of wine. Actually one of the little 8 oz bottles that airlines serve. So if I were to try CBD oil nobody would know. One of my relatives recently told me that her sister was greatly improved after using CBD oil for a few weeks but that another relative was not helped at all.

Nothing works for everybody. I have fibromyalgia, amongst other things, and what works for me does not work for others, what works for one, won't help me. A friend gave me some pot some time ago and I cooked it as I used to--this time, I did not see any improvement in anything. But I used toi special order mine--I ordered what was best for pain, sleep and muscle relaxing---they would provide the best strain for those things. The pot I was given was her brothers---he only cares about getting high--so I don't think there was enough CBD in it --still didn't get high though---I'm starting to feel left out!

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There has been considerable debate about this. Many say hemp oil helps them with pain, seizures and a host of other illnesses. I asked a pastor the other day, and while he is pretty certain smoking week for recreation is against the bible, he was sort of unsure about hemp oil, especially non THC hemp oil. While he did not think it was suitable for him or his wife, who has a lot of pain to use it (because they are in ministry), they could not find a suitable answer to if a christian should use it or not. I personally think non THC hemp oil is not a bad thing, but I do want to post a peer review about it. My son has autism, and I asked his psychiatrist about it, and she said that hemp oil can induce psychosis. Basically that means if Schizoaffective disorder runs in the family, that someone taking hemp oil regularly can get psychosis earlier than if the did not use it. It won't give it to you if it does not run in the family but it can if it does. So I was just thinking, I would like some confirmation about this so i googled it, and found out she was right:

Cannabis-Induced Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features: A Case Report
(now the study does not mention if they are smoking it or using oil with THC or oil without THC, it does not say, I assume the article is about THC).

This is not a thread about recreational use of marijuana, or about using THC hemp oil as that is against the rules.

but this is about the morality of non THC hemp oil.
(I don't think it's against the rules to post this, but I just wanted you to know I am not really sure)

I take Hemp oil pretty much daily so that I don't have to take the much more toxic nsaids or worse, opioids for pain due to a chronic back issue. It keeps the need for the artificial stuff to a minimum. The hemp oil I take though does not contain the thc that gives marijuana its mind altering characteristics but it does include omegas in correct proportions and beneficial nutritional acids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I drink a glass of wine sometimes. Nothing wrong with one drink at most a day. But I have been feeling like you, that it's not the best witness. And plus it does not go with the keto diet I am on. Right now I may have two drinks a year. It's important to not be legalistic, but it's also important to listen to the still small voices inside that tell us we don't have to be like the world and that it's ok to be different.. I found myself telling non christians that I drank a little wine. We should not feel it right to cater to the world in any fashion.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is fine with me. I would continue to used the marijuana if I could afford it. I never got high--I never smoked it. It is for medical purposes and I totally believe that God is perfectly fine with the way I used it. I was at my wits end--I finally just said God--either help me, or take me, I can not take the pain any more. He agreed. He sent a friend of my husbands who didn't even know me, $500 for me to get on medical marijuana. This guy gave money to certain people that God told him to help. He could have chosen several others. He gives it away--0no paying back. This not only helped me with my pain, I had had bleeding gums for years, very tender, dentists did all they could---that stopped a few weeks after starting it. It has never come bac k, even after I stopped using it. Medical decisions should be made by medical personnel with their patients, not the ignorant. Cannabis was used legally until about 1930's---it was even used for teething babies. The reason it became illegal was totally based on the bigoted ideas of William Randolph Hurst!!
As I said---I never smoked it--I cooked it--made a tea. It is ridiculous to keep suffering people from obtaining the help they need because of ignorance.
You can get high from ingesting cannabis. What were you ingesting?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I drink a glass of wine sometimes. Nothing wrong with one drink at most a day. But I have been feeling like you, that it's not the best witness. And plus it does not go with the keto diet I am on. Right now I may have two drinks a year. It's important to not be legalistic, but it's also important to listen to the still small voices inside that tell us we don't have to be like the world and that it's ok to be different.. I found myself telling non christians that I drank a little wine. We should not feel it right to cater to the world in any fashion.

How is trying to ease pain and suffering in ones life being like the world? Do you ever take Ibuprofen? Aspirin? Anything? Are you then being like the world for doing so? Unless you have cried all day, everyday in pain--you have no right to impose your will on others.

Reactions: Earth18
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You can get high from ingesting cannabis. What were you ingesting?

I was ingesting cannabis. I cooked it in water and coconut oil and then added lecithin--drank 1/2 cup twice a day. Never got high. As I said, I ordered high CBD and strains for pain control, muscle relaxants, and sleep. It never made me even sleepy. At first I thought it was doing nothing--in fact my pain got worse--then after the 3rd day--the pain just lifted. I read later that in some it can have a detoxifying effect and that is why I felt worse at first.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was ingesting cannabis. I cooked it in water and coconut oil and then added lecithin--drank 1/2 cup twice a day. Never got high. As I said, I ordered high CBD and strains for pain control, muscle relaxants, and sleep. It never made me even sleepy. At first I thought it was doing nothing--in fact my pain got worse--then after the 3rd day--the pain just lifted. I read later that in some it can have a detoxifying effect and that is why I felt worse at first.
Ah, got it. I missed that it was a high cbd strain. Maybe I’ll try CBD again for pain, consume for a few days to see if it works over time like it did for you.

Upvote 0