USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the information. I'll try duckduckgo, especially since it's on my default list I can choose from.

Great, Tom

The other thing that Google does is control which goods and services we buy, and from whom. If and when they push a company to the 5th page, they essentially bankrupt and silence them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amazing Horse

Aug 22, 2017
Olsztyn
✟1,950.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let's not forget who is behind almost every corporation on earth John 14:30 .

Satan to be able to tempt Jesus offering him everything just for bowing down to him needed to own the property that he would give to Jesus otherwise it would not be temptation.

If i offered you 1 000 000 $ for evil job , you would not even take it for consideration to be tempted to do something evil because you know that i don't have 1 000 000$ , however if i showed you first my cash , then you would start thinking about it and be tempted (Matthew 4:8-9).

So if you don't want to use Google , because Satan is behind this , you might aswell not use any other corporation or major factory and starve to death , because most of them you can track back to it's evil roots ( 4 companies control over 150+ corporations) .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the information. I'll try duckduckgo, especially since it's on my default list I can choose from.

Also realize that every time you click a link from a google search, the click first goes to google's servers, where it is logged. (The same is true of links within Gmail.) They want to know what you're doing on the web. Then it is redirected to your destination. DDG has none of that.

Also check out the options at DDG. You can skin the page and do other things to personalize it.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Same here. Just started using it yesterday.

:oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's not forget who is behind almost every corporation on earth John 14:30 .

Satan to be able to tempt Jesus offering him everything just for bowing down to him needed to own the property that he would give to Jesus otherwise it would not be temptation.

If i offered you 1 000 000 $ for evil job , you would not even take it for consideration to be tempted to do something evil because you know that i don't have 1 000 000$ , however if i showed you first my cash , then you would start thinking about it and be tempted (Matthew 4:8-9).

So if you don't want to use Google , because Satan is behind this , you might aswell not use any other corporation or major factory and starve to death , because most of them you can track back to it's evil roots ( 4 companies control over 150+ corporations) .

i dunno, Google is pretty powerful, my friend, and if they take such liberties to that extent, i'd rather starve them so to speak, and continue on doing the same with the rest of them that are just plain "irksome".

It's worth it.
47b20s0.gif

Love yer avatar, by the way.
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, we should. Google manipulates public opinion toward secular causes. I'd like to build my own search engine, only indexing a subset of sites.

How would one go about building their own search engine?

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How would one go about building their own search engine?
Mine would be really primitive. A number of companies allow you to rent space on a server for monthly fee. Digital Ocean is one. Then if you wanted to index, say, current news items, you could use an RSS feeds, such as what Reuters offers. Or if you wanted to index CF, use their RSS feed. I would then use a Python script to index and search the RSS feeds, and then use PHP/HTML to display the results in the browser.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Mine would be really primitive. A number of companies allow you to rent space on a server for monthly fee. Digital Ocean is one. Then if you wanted to index, say, current news items, you could use an RSS feeds, such as what Reuters offers. Or if you wanted to index CF, use their RSS feed. I would then use a Python script to index and search the RSS feeds, and then use PHP/HTML to display the results in the browser.

Primitive or not, it sounds awesome.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you. Appreciate the encouragement. :)

innovative thinking and creativity and thinkin' outside da box is always worth encouragement, if not a standing ovation, especially now.

:oldthumbsup:

"I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions." ~Proverbs 8:12

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By using Google, you put money into the pockets of some of the most powerful enemies of the Church of Christ. Isn't it time to find an alternative?

Matthew 5:44
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Luke 6:28
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Matthew 7:12
"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Romans 12:14-21
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly Do not be wise in your own estimation.

Luke 6:35
"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

30 Bible verses about Loving Your Enemies - Knowing Jesus

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status