SHOULD CHRISTIANS CELBRATE HALLOWEEN?

Would you, those who say they are Christian, give up Halloween for Christ?

• I would give up Halloween.

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • I would not give up Halloween

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Had a fantastic Halloween haul this year!! The only problem is, I feel sick from eating too much once the kids hit the sack. Don't lie, you do it too. :D
I have a peanut allergy so I gave out only peanut and peanut butter candy--that way I didn't raid my candy basket between trick-or-treaters.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, another Halloween has passed. No human sacrifices in my neighborhood. No small animals mutilated. No bonfires lit to honor pagan goddesses. Just little kids collecting candy. The most popular costume for girls seemed to be princess costumes, although several came dressed as Wonder Woman. Boys costumes tended to be a bit more diverse--football players, Batman, Spiderman, various Star Wars characters. I did see some skeletons, ghosts and monsters but relatively few. Scariest costumes of the night were a couple boys dressed as Donald Trump.

Now we can all take a break before next year's round of anti-Halloween threads...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well, another Halloween has passed. No human sacrifices in my neighborhood. No small animals mutilated. No bonfires lit to honor pagan goddesses. Just little kids collecting candy. The most popular costume for girls seemed to be princess costumes, although several came dressed as Wonder Woman. Boys costumes tended to be a bit more diverse--football players, Batman, Spiderman, various Star Wars characters. I did see some skeletons, ghosts and monsters but relatively few. Scariest costumes of the night were a couple boys dressed as Donald Trump.

Now we can all take a break before next year's round of anti-Halloween threads...
Christmas is coming.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Had a fantastic Halloween haul this year!! The only problem is, I feel sick from eating too much once the kids hit the sack. Don't lie, you do it too. :D

See, they told you it was evil, and you wouldn't listen. Flirting with the dark side has drawn you into gluttony and theft from your own offspring. :D

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Human sacrifices and animal mutilation happen at Christmas!?!?
I hope not. But the threads denouncing Christmas as evil will start.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope not. But the threads denouncing Christmas as evil will start.
I actually did a post on how Christians can be mega weird to me here:
"End Times" Christians Are Weird...

While it was about the end times, I'd say that those types of individuals that dislike Halloween and Christmas are very similar.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But Christmas and Halloween are radically different. One's about death, one's about life.

Even if they got the date wrong, lol.
Oh, just wait. You’ll see them comong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I didn't get any mutilations or sacrifices this year either in my neighborhood. We did get four Spidermans, one Batman, an Iron Man, three ladybugs (guess that is a new costume for girls that's popular?), a giant dinosaur (the father walking his kids), one witch, three grim reapers (Guess that is a new popular one for boys), a girl dressed as a Macaroni and Cheese container (was creative). There were others but I forget them, although I will say I can't remember any monsters or anything evil or violent. As usual our two cats sat outside to be petted by trick-or-treaters; Halloween must be their favorite holiday for the attention, second to Thanksgiving thanks to all the free turkey.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But Christmas and Halloween are radically different. One's about death, one's about life.

Even if they got the date wrong, lol.

The celebration of All Saints is literally the celebration of life. John 11:25-26.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The celebration of All Saints is literally the celebration of life. John 11:25-26.

-CryptoLutheran

Halloween's over Brother. Jesus was not talking about Halloween in John 11.

The denouncing of Christmas as evil is a regular activity for the Season of Advent here on CF.

-CryptoLutheran

I don't denounce Christmas or call it evil. They merely got the date wrong. That's trivial. I still buy a few people presents, cook a dinner and all that. I even say "Happy Birthday Jesus" So it's the wrong date, big deal. Making it a stupid, make the corporations rich day by going overboard on presents isn't even a religious connotation, it's just good sense to not do that. Buying presents is ok, but not the primary focus of Christmas.

Unless you're married with little ones, lol. Boy I'm glad those days are over for me. :)

I wont condemn you guys for doing the Christmas thing with your family. How rude would that be? I did it. So what?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The denouncing of Christmas as evil is a regular activity for the Season of Advent here on CF.

-CryptoLutheran

I know—I’ve been on here Kong enough to have been through several rounds of this.

Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0