North Central
✟483,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should Christians dive headlong into politics because Christians are3 better suited to rule? That seems (in many circles Christian circles) to be of paramount importance.

And that is one major problem. Those folks are jumping into a secular cesspool, proclaiming Christ but yet 'usurping' him, and fouling the whole Gospel message in the process.

My Baptist roots tell me we cannot serve God and Mammon.

Mat 6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Scholars believe that the book of Matthew was written by Matthew and probably around 35 AD.
The Gospel of John, was not written by John, but his teachings about Jesus was given to his disciples and St Ignatius and St Polycarp were two, who are considered responsible for auditing
John's gospel for accuracy. In the Old Testament, no books were left out, and the Dead Sea Scrolls confirm this. The New Testament, writings which did not have connection to the Apostles were not considered for the New Testament. The Epistles are a collection of writings by St Paul and the Church included them in the New Testament Canon.

You are correct that the Bible is partly historical, spiritual and mythical. It's a guide book for those
trying to live a spiritual life seeking union with God, but it's also how Judaism and Christianity came into being. Those two religions are responsible for the growth of the Western Cultures, no two ways about it.

You need to through Islam into that mix...all three religions helped shape the world we live in today. My problem is people using there religion to force there views onto others.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You need to through Islam into that mix...all three religions helped shape the world we live in today. My problem is people using there religion to force there views onto others.

Islam hasn't help to shape Western Europe or the the USA. It tried to go into
Europe, but was driven out of France by Martel. This was 100 years before the
first Crusade was called for by the Pope. Muslims are critical about the Crusades
but silent on the Muslim invasion of Spain and France. Of course the Ottoman Empire
also went into Eastern Europe. Islam converts by the sword, not the Koran.

Upvote 0