Should a rep. of foru.ms apologize to Catholics for a mods' bigotry?

Should a rep. of foru.ms apologize to Catholics for a mods' bigotted remark?

• Yes, the statement violated the rules and moderators should set an example.

• No, Catholics have to hold to a higher standard and put up with hate and lies.

• It doesn’t matter, anti-Catholic bigotry is politically correct, and socially acceptable.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bigotted remark:
What if the husband has been sleeping around and not being careful, while the wife has stayed faithful but thinks contraception is wrong? Besides, the Church isn't doing any good further stigmatizing condoms in a region that desperately needs to embrace safer sex.

This is probably the biggest reason today why I think the Catholic Church is an evil organization. I have nothing against Catholics--they, like almost any other group--are a mix of wonderful people, horrid people, and everything in between. But the organization itself is a plague on mankind.

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Little girls do not grow up dreaming of hopping from bed to bed and contraception, they dream of a man who will sweep them off their feet, love them forever and having his many children. A cynicism born of the sexual revolution has brought emptiness to the hearts, wombs and lives of far too many modern women. This emptiness and pain can be avoided or redeemed and healed by the love of Christ and adherence to His teachings.

The Catholic Church believes in such dreams because God wrote them on the human heart. And there are men who long for such a woman to love and cherish.

Real lovers want to give without reserve in God's own superabundance creating more hearts and lives to love. Contraception is like kissing through a screen door and real love cannot tolerate obstacles. Contraception breeds selfishness and separation that drives a wedge between husband and wife that kills love. Real lovers want their love to explode into the posterity of future generations for all eternity.

This is the kind of passion and fulfillment God wants for His children. Contraception limits what should be boundless. It spits in the face of this glorious passion and love's true abandon; and that is why it is a sin. It seeks to "tame" love, thus killing it. The Catholic Church is the last bastion on earth of true romance. The modern world has suffocated love and made sex a thing of deadness.

http://lifeissues.net/writers/mall/mall_01contraceptionkills.html

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought Aria's was the worst poll I'd ever seen, she sure didn't hold that reccord long. An honest man doesn't put words in people's mouths, a "yes" a "no" and an "other - explain" would have been sufficient. I doubt the guy really "hates" us and I don't think he was "lying" per se, just uninformed like most folks who are leery of the Church.

I don't want an apology from whoever said that, I really don't care at all. Lots of people say lots of things.

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought Aria's was the worst poll I'd ever seen, she sure didn't hold that reccord long. An honest man doesn't put words in people's mouths, a "yes" a "no" and an "other - explain" would have been sufficient. I doubt the guy really "hates" us and I don't think he was "lying" per se, just uninformed like most folks who are leery of the Church.

I don't want an apology from whoever said that, I really don't care at all. Lots of people say lots of things.

OK, tell me if this is more or less acceptable:

What if the husband has been sleeping around and not being careful, while the wife has stayed faithful but thinks contraception is wrong? Besides, the Jews aren't doing any good further stigmatizing condoms in a region that desperately needs to embrace safer sex.
This is probably the biggest reason today why I think Judaism is an evil organization. I have nothing against Jews--they, like almost any other group--are a mix of wonderful people, horrid people, and everything in between. But the organization itself is a plague on mankind.

Without an apology, this remains a hypocritical anti-life forum.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A mod did not say what is quoted in the OP.

Look...I'm the person who made the report. I'm the person who gave the heads up to a few on this forum about the report when I saw one mod rule it not a flame.

Mods eventually ruled as I expected and it was declared a flame. That one mod did not rule it a flame. But she didn't attack the church and to my knowledge never has.

I'm giving the mod who said it was not a flame the benefit of the doubt. I'm willing to accept she got caught up in legalities and didn't see how offensive it would be to Catholics.

As everyone here knows, I'm a big fan of Catholics and other Christians standing up for themselves and hitting back. I don't believe it is done enough.

But you WON.

Why not now express one of the greatest Christian virtues, magnanimity?

Upvote 0

helenofbritain

St Mary MacKillop of the Cross, pray for us
Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A mod did not say what is quoted in the OP.

Look...I'm the person who made the report. I'm the person who gave the heads up to a few on this forum about the report when I saw one mod rule it not a flame.

Mods eventually ruled as I expected and it was declared a flame. That one mod did not rule it a flame. But she didn't attack the church and to my knowledge never has.

I'm giving the mod who said it was not a flame the benefit of the doubt. I'm willing to accept she got caught up in legalities and didn't see how offensive it would be to Catholics.

As everyone here knows, I'm a big fan of Catholics and other Christians standing up for themselves and hitting back. I don't believe it is done enough.

But you WON.

Why not now express one of the greatest Christian virtues, magnanimity?
:amen:

WHAT HE SAID!!!

Upvote 0

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the mod has to apologize, nor does an apology need to be made on the mods' behalf. I'm sure the mod had a good reason besides bigotry to not consider it a flame. And even if it was due to bigotry, will apologizing on the mods' behalf without the mod actually feeling regret do anything? IIRC, it's in the foru.ms statement that foru.ms does not consider the RCC evil, and the mod (if the mod was acting out of bigotry) does not represent foru.ms, and thus the organization of foru.ms does not owe the RCC an apology.

And, we should be forgiving. What would Christ want us to do? Forgive the person 70 times 7 times. And probably even more after that.

We've had people hating on us since the beginning. And if the people of the world haven't eradicated themselves by then, it oughta be around long after I'm dead. In the grand scheme, one person who may or may not have been acting out of bigotry being the opposing vote on a questionable flame call is not that big a deal.

Metherion

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If a mod did not make the flame it is I who must apologize to all moderators involved, especially angel4. I deeply regret the misdirection of my pointed finger. I am going to make a change in tactics.

A moderator DOES represent the forum, and are REQUIRED to act exemplary in following the rules they enforce. not be exempt from them. It was wrong for me to attack the moderators, so I will focus on the statement.

I will no longer defend the Catholic Church over that quote. Instead, I will defend the dignity of the human person, and the most fundamental right on which all rights rests: the right to life, and how the irrevocable love between a man and a woman is the foundation of civilization.

I won’t even mention the Catholic Church.

I ask that my thread be closed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, an apology is needed and preferably from the mod who made this incredibly bigoted statement. That said, unfortunately bigotry against the Catholic Church is politically correct and acceptable in our nation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.