HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rep. Mike Bishop, R-Mich., survived the shooting on the GOP practice baseball game Wednesday morning. He recounted the horrific moment during an interview on CBS’ WWJ Newsradio 950.

“As we were standing here this morning, a gunman walked up to the fence line and just began to shoot. I was standing at home plate and he was in the third base line,” Bishop told the Detroit radio station. “He had a rifle that was clearly meant for the job of taking people out, multiple casualties, and he had several rounds and magazines that he kept unloading and reloading.”

Bishop said the only reason he and his colleagues survived was because someone at the practice field had a gun and was able to return fire while they found cover behind the backstop and elsewhere.

“We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” he told WWJ Newsradio 950.

He said that two of their staff — identified elsewhere as Capitol Hill police officers — and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise had been injured in the incident. He said that they tried to get Scalise off the baseball diamond as quickly as possible but that the gunman was “relentless.”

“One of our staffers got hit in the chest and I pray for him, I just don’t know what the outcome is going to be,” Bishop said. “This is a tragic situation and frankly, it’s changed everything as I know it forever.”

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Rep. Mike Bishop, R-Mich., survived the shooting on the GOP practice baseball game Wednesday morning. He recounted the horrific moment during an interview on CBS’ WWJ Newsradio 950.

“As we were standing here this morning, a gunman walked up to the fence line and just began to shoot. I was standing at home plate and he was in the third base line,” Bishop told the Detroit radio station. “He had a rifle that was clearly meant for the job of taking people out, multiple casualties, and he had several rounds and magazines that he kept unloading and reloading.”

Bishop said the only reason he and his colleagues survived was because someone at the practice field had a gun and was able to return fire while they found cover behind the backstop and elsewhere.

“We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” he told WWJ Newsradio 950.

He said that two of their staff — identified elsewhere as Capitol Hill police officers — and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise had been injured in the incident. He said that they tried to get Scalise off the baseball diamond as quickly as possible but that the gunman was “relentless.”

“One of our staffers got hit in the chest and I pray for him, I just don’t know what the outcome is going to be,” Bishop said. “This is a tragic situation and frankly, it’s changed everything as I know it forever.”
Horrific. Just saw this on CNBC. What's America coming to? May God have mercy :pray:.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This was politically motivated and as much as I want to go into a rant, I won't. I hope we can use this as a turning point in how we treat each other. The hateful rhetoric has to stop.

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This was politically motivated and as much as I want to go into a rant, I won't. I hope we can use this as a turning point in how we treat each other. The hateful rhetoric has to stop.

They've released information on the motives of the shooter? I've been looking for that.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Horrific. Just saw this on CNBC. What's America coming to? May God have mercy
Since the first post in this thread, around what, 500?, Americans have been .... well, not good.... so many killed every day, each and every day.... (legally too).

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
James T. Hodgkinson is reported as the shooter.

James T. Hodgkinson

If this is correct...safe to say there's some sort of unhealthy affection or bromance for Bernie.

Yikes!

VA Gov McAuliffe went on news and said we lose 93 mil a day to gun violence.
This would mean the entire population of the US will be gone in about 5 days.
Why let facts get in the way of face time on the news?

• Agree
Reactions: jerrygab2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Rep. Steve Scalise, the majority whip, was hit. He travels with a security detail because of threats of stuff like this.
His protection service are the ones who took down the shooter.
The shooter is in custody. Supposedly targeted Republicans on purpose.
No details yet from anything else he has said/ admitted/ whatever.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They've released information on the motives of the shooter? I've been looking for that.
It's been said he's a Bernie supporter. He walked up to one of the spectators and asked if that was the republican field or the democrat field and the spectator said republican, so he left and came back with weapons and opened fire. He was specifically targeting republicans.

• Agree
Reactions: jerrygab2
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It's been said he's a Bernie supporter. He walked up to one of the spectators and asked if that was the republican field or the democrat field and the spectator said republican, so he left and came back with weapons and opened fire. He was specifically targeting republicans.

Thanks. Hope he faces the full punishment for his actions. This is unacceptable.

• Agree
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
James T. Hodgkinson is reported as the shooter.

James T. Hodgkinson

If this is correct...safe to say there's some sort of unhealthy affection or bromance for Bernie.

Yikes!

VA Gov McAuliffe went on news and said we lose 93 mil a day to gun violence.
This would mean the entire population of the US will be gone in about 5 days.
Why let facts get in the way of face time on the news?

...how are you sure that this is the guy? Lots of people have the same name.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
side note: a fund raiser ball game expecting $680,000.00 was what the people were practicing for.
today, so far, by this tragedy perhaps $15,000,000.00 has been spent or diverted for medical, police, federal, legal, news, etc .....

(just a guess.... maybe a lot less, maybe a lot more )

Upvote 0