Shooting In Montreal

Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MONTREAL — A man dressed in military fatigues stormed into the cafeteria of a Montreal college today and began shooting, one student said.
Some students at Dawson College said four people had been shot.

Devansh Smri Vastava said he saw the man in the fatigues and that he heard about 20 shots.

Others said they saw more than one shooter.

He also said teachers were running through the halls telling students to get out.

He said at least three people were armed.

One student told radio station 940 News she saw two people who had been shot, including one who had been hit in the neck.

The student said a friend told her four people had been shot.

Tarek Azem told CTV that he saw "people running around trying to duck for cover."

Police don't know yet if there is more than one gunman.

Students were seen running from the building just after 1:30 p.m.

Reports are there are up to four gunmen, but one has been "neutralized," police say.

There is a lot of blood at the scene.

TV footage showed students fleeing the building which is near the downtown core.

People have also been evacuated.

http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeClassic/home.html

Reports say four injured in shooting at Montreal college

CanWest News Service

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

MONTREAL — At least one — possibly two — gunmen opened fire Wednesday inside downtown Montreal’s Dawson College critically wounding at least three people and sending hundreds of screaming and terrified students and staff running into the streets and seeking cover. Police say two gunmen are dead — at least one shot by police.

Police say at least one gunman has been "neutralized," but they offered no further explanation. One student told media the gunman had been shot.

Outside, a state of panic quickly emerged with frightened students giving wildly varying accounts of what was happening inside. There were several reports saying there was one gunman, while others said there were as many as three.

Television images showed police pulling a bloodied person out of the building.

Helicopters are buzzing overhead and emergency vehicles continued to arrive an hour after the first reports of shots.

One student told a radio station she saw two people who had been shot, with one person hit in the neck.

The ambulance department confirmed three people have been transported to hospital in critical condition and there are several more wounded inside the facility, which has about 10,000 full-and part-time students.

Live television pictures at 1:40 p.m. Eastern time showed students continuing to flee from all exits.

Several people were seen being taken out on stretchers. On the front steps of the building, blood was seen on the ground near a police vehicle.

Witnesses said it appeared a gunman was chasing someone and at least 20 shots were fired.

Michel Boyer, 19, told CTV he saw a masked gunman wearing black from head to toe and wearing a mask was seen with a black rifle or shotgun. He said he heard 20 shots and ran for shelter in a classroom.

"I think I'm very lucky to be alive and that is wasn't injured," Boyer said.

"It was like something from a movie, it is the most scary thing that has ever happened to me."

Another report said a gunman with a Mohawk haircut and dressed in black opened fire in the building.

The shootings began around 1:00 p.m. Eastern time and reportedly took place in the cafeteria, on the third floor of the school.

The school is located in a densely populated area of the city with stores and offices surrounding it.

It is not the first time there has been a shooting in a Montreal college. In December 1989, Marc Lepine shot and killed 14 women and wounded several others at Ecole Polytechnique during a shooting rampage that ended when he took his own life.

draper

Perspicacious Poster
Jul 5, 2003
Toronto, Canada
✟20,634.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
CA-Others
Interesting...I just read an article on the Montreal Massacre for ASP -- Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, for non-Ontario high school students -- (although obviously I knew of the Massacre prior to reading the article) and the similarities to the Massacre are eery.

Speaking of which, I know this is far off but does someone (ie JD?) know where you can get the Wihte Ribbons for Action Against Violence Against Women week? I know White Ribbon Canada is the obvious answer; but what if you'd like one despite not being an official member or buying their awareness packages or whatever it is that they come in?

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just buy a white ribbon at a fabric store draper; that will show your support, and donate however much you like to White Ribbon Campaign.

The Montreal Massacre was the first thing I thought of when I heard about this. I'm sure it was on everyone' s minds.

God help them.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So awful. thank God more didn't die. But one was too many. I'm so very sad and wonder what could drive a person to want to kill complete strangers.

I'm going to search and see if I can link some of this guy's descent into madness.

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What a miserable thing to happen to us. It's very shocking and sad. I pray for each victim. It's actually hard to say anything about this event because it's just so completely beyond my scope of understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juicebox

Sep 27, 2006
Montreal
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely devastating. We need to stop insane people like him while pray for the victims.

I agree, but we most pray for the people that think like the shooter. that the most important.
If your thinking about suicide and other crazy stuff, it means your life is empty, and you need Christ to fill you up.
( trust me i know, ive been there )

Very sad. its like 15 minuites from my house.
my ex girlfriend was at school while the shooter was there.

one of her friends is the person who died.

I can truly say that montreal, was shocked, and it affected everybody

Upvote 0