✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kansas governor signs bill effectively banning Islamic law | Reuters

Finally, at least someone is trying to stand up for what is morally right. We had to know that whoever would attempt to do this would be ridiculed to no end by the news media.

Many might ask; "Why waste time in passing a law against something that never occurs in this country?" The reason we never hear about Shiria law taking precedence above U.S. law is because the many cases that have, and still are, taking place are not being covered by the media. This is very strange isn't it?

Here are just a few cases that are starting to trigger legislation being passed as Kansas has done:

Articles: Sharia's Encroachment into American Courts

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Sharia differs from Islamic country to Islamic country (and from Muslim to Muslim.) there is no monolithic bloc of laws called sharia. Essentially this idiot of a Governor has just outlawed Muslims keeping their religious observances (which are Sharia.)

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sharia differs from Islamic country to Islamic country (and from Muslim to Muslim.) there is no monolithic bloc of laws called sharia. Essentially this idiot of a Governor has just outlawed Muslims keeping their religious observances (which are Sharia.)
Who's the idiot? Did you not see that all the law does is prevent Kansas courts from citing precedent from foreign courts or religious courts in making rulings of law? It has absolutely no effect on Islamic law being enforced in the local mosques or communities. The only reason the Muslims are up in arms is because they think its somehow violating their civil rights, not by keeping them from practicing Shar'ia but by prejudicing others' views of Islam. It's a shame people don't read before they pop off without understanding what they're talking about.

Upvote 0

an oddity

Mar 28, 2012
USA
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sharia is a legitimate concern for those of us in the US, and that Governor is no idiot.
There are other things to be concerned about as well. Do a search on the four treaties Obama is poised to sign.

We can nay say all we want, but don't be surprised who/what turns up on your door step because our Constitution has been severely eroded. Turning a blind eye to a problem does not make it go away!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

an oddity

Mar 28, 2012
USA
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Americans have more to fear from a Christian theocracy than they do from Islamic law.

We do? Please explain how.
Is a Christ centered theocracy dangerous to us or to you and if so in what way? Isn't that what Christianity is ultimately aiming for?

I find your statement puzzling since you indicate that you are Christian.

Upvote 0

Leere

Mar 22, 2011
✟8,488.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Is a Christ centered theocracy dangerous to us or to you and if so in what way? Isn't that what Christianity is ultimately aiming for?

I would like to see how you would feel when you live in a "Christian" theocracy in which their religious ideologies don't match up with your own.

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour

A theocracy is not God's kingdom. It's the kingdom of men. Maybe you'll learn the difference one day.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If only the Supreme Court would stick to the constitution. Or even show the tiniest respect for it.

And if I'm not mistaken, William just took a shot at all Americans. None of us can think? Is that it?

Could you point out where that part of his post is? I can't seem to find it. :wave:
tulc(looked for a long time too) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is a Christ centered theocracy dangerous to us or to you and if so in what way?
It's dangerous because it changes you and I not agreeing about something into one of us being labeled a heretic and ending up in jail for not having the "right set of beliefs". :sorry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew's_Day_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Wars_of_Religion
on a more personal note:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabaptist#Persecutions_and_migrations
Roman Catholics and Protestants alike persecuted the Anabaptists, resorting to torture and execution in attempts to curb the growth of the movement. The Protestants under Zwingli were the first to persecute the Anabaptists, with Felix Manz becoming the first martyr in 1527. On May 20, 1527, Roman Catholic authorities executed Michael Sattler. King Ferdinand declared drowning (called the third baptism) "the best antidote to Anabaptism". The Tudor regime, even those that were Protestant (Edward VI of England and Elizabeth I of England) persecuted Anabaptists as they were deemed too radical and therefore a danger to religious stability. The persecution of Anabaptists was condoned by ancient laws of Theodosius I and Justinian I that were passed against the Donatists, which decreed the death penalty for any who practiced rebaptism. Martyrs Mirror, by Thieleman J. van Braght, describes the persecution and execution of thousands of Anabaptists in various parts of Europe between 1525 and 1660. Continuing persecution in Europe was largely responsible for the mass emigrations to North America by Amish, Hutterites, and Mennonites.

Isn't that what Christianity is ultimately aiming for?
Not even sort of. :wave:

And Christians disagree. But what happens if disagreeing is considered a crime? Who gets to decide which of us is a heretic? You or me? :confused:
tulc(always gets nervous when people seem to want to have a Christian Theocracy it always ends badly) :sigh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

an oddity

Mar 28, 2012
USA
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I am on dial up so I do not do video.
Please note that I said "Christian theocracy". Theocracy is defined as government of a state by immediate divine guidance. . ."
Theocracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Christian implies the authority of Christ. There is only one authority ultimately, and that is our Redeemer/Creator, which excludes "religious ideologies that don't match up" with my own.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I am on dial up so I do not do video.
Please note that I said "Christian theocracy". Theocracy is defined as government of a state by immediate divine guidance. . ."
Theocracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Christian implies the authority of Christ. There is only one authority ultimately, and that is our Redeemer/Creator, which excludes "religious ideologies that don't match up" with my own.

Hey I have no trouble if it's Jesus being here on Earth doing the ruling. If, however, it's a group of flawed sinful humans here on Earth claiming to "speak for God" doing the ruling? That I'd have a big problem with. :sorry:
tulc(suspects you would also) :wave:

Upvote 0