Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
web3-art-ships-chritian-symbol-mercy-mcnab-public-domain.jpg

"Ships have been featured in Christian art since the very beginning, appearing first in the catacombs. It was a favorite image of the Church Fathers, who saw the ship as a symbol of the Church." More

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea. And great crowds gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat there; and the whole crowd stood on the beach." - Mt 13:1-2

"Christ teaching from the ship signifies that those who are outside the Church can never grasp the divine teaching; for the ship typifies the Church where the word of life is deposited and preached. Those who are outside are like sterile and worthless sand: they cannot comprehend" - St. Hilary of Poitiers (as quoted by Pope Leo XIII in Satis Cognitum)

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello LivingWordUnity,

I watched a documentary on early American war ships. American ingenuity had built ships with some sort of cross bow structure which could carry more weight. So all of a sudden, early American ships could carry heavy cannons, which were bigger and could shoot much farther, on a light fast moving naval ship. Pretty soon the English king ordered all English, Man of War, ships, the ones with three levels of cannons, the killer ships on England, not to engage American war ships, but instead to turn and run. I like to think that this is like the Catholic Church, sailing with the Holy Spirit, against her enemies, that her enemies should turn and run, no matter how much fire power they think they have. What do you think?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello LivingWordUnity,

I watched a documentary on early American war ships. American ingenuity had built ships with some sort of cross bow structure which could carry more weight. So all of a sudden, early American ships could carry heavy cannons, which were bigger and could shoot much farther, on a light fast moving naval ship. Pretty soon the English king ordered all English, Man of War, ships, the ones with three levels of cannons, the killer ships on England, not to engage American war ships, but instead to turn and run. I like to think that this is like the Catholic Church, sailing with the Holy Spirit, against her enemies, that her enemies should turn and run, no matter how much fire power they think they have. What do you think?
I see a different analogy with the U.S. Navy. The Church is the ship, Jesus is the Captain, and the pope is the Officer of the Deck (OOD). When Jesus returns, the pope will step down, and Jesus will take charge of the Church directly, such as when the Captain of a ship relieves the OOD.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see a different analogy with the U.S. Navy. The Church is the ship, Jesus is the Captain, and the pope is the Officer of the Deck (OOD). When Jesus returns, the pope will step down, and Jesus will take charge of the Church directly, such as when the Captain of a ship relieves the OOD.

Hello LivingWordUnity,

God was King and Ruler over Israel from the Exodus till the fall of Israel in 587 B.C.. God Ruled, with and through, the Priests, Prophets, and kings of Israel. What do you think of the idea that when Jesus Comes, He too will Rule, with and through His Church, the Catholic Church.

In Luke, Jesus tells us that in His Kingdom, He will put His Apostles on thrones ruling over Israel. In Revelation, Morning Star, Jesus, will Rule with the ‘iron rod’ of His mouth, which is Christ’s Power to bind and loost sins. However, Jesus tells us that He will pass His Power to Rule off to the ‘Victor’. Jesus has already given His Power to bind and loost sins to His Apostolic Successors. They are ready to Rule the world with the 'iron rod' of Christ mouth, with Jesus taking the King of the World, Position.

Jesus says that when He Comes, we will see Him everywhere, however, if an individual claims to be Him, they are a liar. This indicates to me that we will see Christ’s tremendous Power everywhere through miraclses, signs and wornders, but He will not be here as an individual. Instead, Jesus will Rule, under Messianic Reign, with and through His Church, as God Ruled with and through the priests, prophets and kings of Israel.

What do you think? Maybe the Ship, Captian and Officer on Deck, remain the same when we go into Messianic Reign.

NAB2 REV 2:26

To the victor, who keeps to my ways until the end, I will give authority over the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. Like clay vessels will they be smashed, just as I received authority from my Father. And to him I will give the morning star.

NAB PSA 2:8
Ask of me and I will give you the nations for an inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possessions. You shall rule them with an iron rod; you shall shatter them like an earthen dish."

NAB REV 12:5
She gave birth to a son--a boy destined to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod.

NAB REV 22:16

"It is I, Jesus, who have sent my angel to give you this testimony about the churches. I am the Root and Offspring of David, the Morning Star shining bright."

NAB LUK 22:25

He said to them, I confer a kingdom on you, just as my Father has conferred one on me, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom; and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus returns, this world will pass away, Jesus himself will reign over a new heaven and new earth, and Jesus' kingdom will last forever.

"And the world passeth away, and the concupiscence thereof: but he that doth the will of God, abideth for ever." (1 Jn 2:17)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more." (Rv 21:1)

"At the end of time, the Kingdom of God will come in its fullness. After the universal judgment, the righteous will reign for ever with Christ, glorified in body and soul. The universe itself will be renewed...." (CCC, 1042)

"In this new universe, the heavenly Jerusalem, God will have his dwelling among men. 'He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away.'" (CCC, 1044)​

But we don't know exactly what the new heaven and new earth will look like.

"...eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him." (1 Cor 2:9)​

And I think there are biblical reasons to believe that the man who was leading the Church on earth when the Second Coming happens is not going to be keeping his job.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When Jesus returns, this world will pass away, Jesus himself will reign over a new heaven and new earth, and Jesus' kingdom will last forever.

"And the world passeth away, and the concupiscence thereof: but he that doth the will of God, abideth for ever." (1 Jn 2:17)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more." (Rv 21:1)

"At the end of time, the Kingdom of God will come in its fullness. After the universal judgment, the righteous will reign for ever with Christ, glorified in body and soul. The universe itself will be renewed...." (CCC, 1042)

"In this new universe, the heavenly Jerusalem, God will have his dwelling among men. 'He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away.'" (CCC, 1044)​

But we don't know exactly what the new heaven and new earth will look like.

"...eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him." (1 Cor 2:9)​

And I think there are biblical reasons to believe that the man who was leading the Church on earth when the Second Coming happens is not going to be keeping his job.
Hello LivingWordUnity,
So I take it that when you see the Russian nukes come streamming in, you are going to be singing praises to God and telling your children, 'Here comes Jesus to Rule the world'?

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to what Jesus tells us in Sacred Scripture, in Mt 24:30, the sign of the cross will appear in the sky just prior to his return. St. John Chrysostom interpreted it that way.

I agree. This sounds more like what recent apparisions and locutions have indicated Christ's Coming will be like.

Right before Jesus assended into heaven, His Apostles wanted to know the big, big question; well, are you going to restore Israel now? Jesus says not yet. There is a tremndous amount of scripture talking about how life will be for Israel once God restores them. In other words scripture indicates a time frame, on earth, with the Messiah, who is Jesus, Ruling the world. When do you say this time period begins and ends? The big message of the Book of Revelation is that Jesus takes over as King and Ruler of the world. So when did or does this happen, in your estimation?

I say that the 'era of peace' and the 'golden era for mankind' that the Blessed Mother has promised us, will be Messianic Reign on earth. When do you say this period fits in?

NAB ACT 1:6
When they had gathered together they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” He answered them, “It is not for you to know the times or seasons that the Father has established by his own authority. But you will receive power when the holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” When he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight.

NAB2 REV 11:15
Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet. There were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world now belongs to our Lord and to his Anointed, and he will reign forever and ever.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello LivingWordUnity,

I hope I am not boring you. However, the ship, which is the Church, is going to sail right through Armageddon and into Messianic Reign. The three days of darkness will be rough sailing. We must prepare the Church for rough seas. On the other side, in Messianic Reign, it will be beyond wonderful. One in ten, of those living in new born Zion, the post Armageddon Catholic Church, will have the power to heal. Jesus will unite with His Church in a new and spectacular, very visual, wonderful way. Jesus will shine His light to the nations, through His Church, the Catholic Church. The nations will stream to Zion, aka the post Armageddon Catholic Church. There will be peace on earth. In other words, the ship, which is the Catholic Church, will reside in calm waters with gifts from God abounding from her, and the whole world will come to her, join her, and rejoice in her. This is what the Blessed Mother is promising us in the ‘golden era of mankind’. Shall we go on with such a proposed discussion?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My belief about Jesus Christ's return is summarized at the end of the Nicene Creed.

The Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea. And great crowds gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat there; and the whole crowd stood on the beach." - Mt 13:1-2

"Christ teaching from the ship signifies that those who are outside the Church can never grasp the divine teaching; for the ship typifies the Church where the word of life is deposited and preached. Those who are outside are like sterile and worthless sand: they cannot comprehend" - St. Hilary of Poitiers (as quoted by Pope Leo XIII in Satis Cognitum)

Noah's Ark pre-figures the Church. Those outside did not survive the flood.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Noah's Ark pre-figures the Church. Those outside did not survive the flood.
Hello Concretecamper,
Yes! Yes! Yes! Mother Church, under the Protection of the Blessed Mother, is going to be the Ark which sails us through the storm of God's Woes of Revelation, and into Messianic Reign!
It is coming on us fast! Aparisions from Fatima, St. Faustina and St. Padre Pio, as well as Isaiah and all apocalyptic authors, tell us to get aboard the Mother Ship while there is still time! Aboard the Mother Ship, the Catholic Church, in a state of grace, on your knees praying with your windows blacked out and your doors locked is where you want to be through the 'Three Days of Darkness', when God unleashes the Woes of Revelation upon the world. Those aboard Mother Church ship will survive to enter into Christ's Kingdom Come on earth. The will see the carnage of the unrepentant wicked as Noah did.

NAB ISA 26:20 DAY OF THE LORD: REWARD AND PUNISHMENT
Go, my people, enter your chambers, and close the doors behind you; Hide yourselves for a brief moment, until the wrath is past. See, the LORD goes forth from his place, to punish the wickedness of the earth’s inhabitants; The earth will reveal the blood shed upon it, and no longer conceal the slain.

St. Padre Pio FEBRUARY 7, 1950

The hour of My coming is near! But I will show mercy. A most dreadful punishment will bear witness to the times. My angels, who are to be the executioners of this work, are ready with their pointed swords! They will take special care to annihilate all those who mocked Me and would not believe in My revelations.

Hurricanes of fire will pour forth from the clouds and spread over the entire earth! Storms, bad weather, thunderbolts and earthquakes will cover the earth for two days. An uninterrupted rain of fire will take place! It will begin during a very cold night. All this is to prove that God is the Master of Creation. Those who hope in Me, and believe in my words, have nothing to fear because I will not forsake them, nor those who spread My message. No harm will come to those who are in the state of grace and who seek My mother's protection.

That you may be prepared for these visitations, I will give you the following signs and instructions: The night will be very cold. The wind will roar. After a time, thunderbolts will be heard. Lock all the doors and windows. Talk to no one outside the house. Kneel down before a crucifix, be sorry for your sins, and beg My Mother's protection. Do not look during the earthquake, because the anger of God is holy! Jesus does not want us to behold the anger of God, because God's anger must be contemplated with fear and trembling.

Those who disregard this advice will be killed instantly.

JESUS, THE DIVINE MERCY, by St.Faustina

Jesus looked at me and said, Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy. If they will not adore My mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Secretary of My mercy, write, tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near.

The Blessed Virgin Mary :

... you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge. Oh, how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice, the day of divine wrath. The angels tremble before it. Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. ...
The Catholic Church will metamorphosis into The New Jerusalem (pictured at the end of the Book of Revalation). With Jesus, a descendant of King David, Ruling the world, Israel is Restored and Zion is Born. Isaiah's Mother Zion, is our Mother Church, in Christ's Kingdom Come.

NAB3 ISA 66:7 Mother Zion
Before she is in labor, she gives birth; Before her pangs come upon her, she delivers a male child. Who ever heard of such a thing, or who ever saw the like? Can a land be brought forth in one day, or a nation be born in a single moment? Yet Zion was scarcely in labor when she bore her children. Shall I bring a mother to the point of birth, and yet not let her child be born? says the LORD. Or shall I who bring to birth yet close her womb? says your God. Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad because of her, all you who love her; Rejoice with her in her joy, all you who mourn over her-So that you may nurse and be satisfied from her consoling breast; That you may drink with delight at her abundant breasts!

For thus says the LORD: I will spread prosperity over her like a river, like an overflowing torrent, the wealth of nations. You shall nurse, carried in her arms, cradled upon her knees; As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; in Jerusalem you shall find your comfort. You will see and your heart shall exult, and your bodies shall flourish like the grass; The LORD’s power shall be revealed to his servants, but to his enemies, his wrath. For see, the LORD will come in fire, his chariots like the stormwind; To wreak his anger in burning rage and his rebuke in fiery flames. For with fire the LORD shall enter into judgment, and, with his sword, against all flesh; Those slain by the LORD shall be many. Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one who stands within, eating pig’s flesh, abominable things, and mice, shall all together come to an end, with their deeds and purposes—oracle of the LORD.

God Gathers the Nations.

I am coming to gather all nations and tongues; they shall come and see my glory. I will place a sign among them; from them I will send survivors to the nations: to Tarshish, Put and Lud, Mosoch, Tubal and Javan, to the distant coastlands which have never heard of my fame, or seen my glory; and they shall proclaim my glory among the nations. They shall bring all your kin from all the nations as an offering to the LORD, on horses and in chariots, in carts, upon mules and dromedaries, to Jerusalem, my holy mountain, says the LORD, just as the Israelites bring their grain offering in a clean vessel to the house of the LORD. Some of these I will take as priests and Levites, says the LORD. Just as the new heavens and the new earth which I am making Shall endure before me—oracle of the LORD—so shall your descendants and your name endure. From new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, All flesh shall come to worship before me, says the LORD. They shall go out and see the corpses of the people who rebelled against me; For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be extinguished; and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NAB REV 12:15
The serpent, however, spewed a torrent of water out of his mouth after the woman to sweep her away with the current. But the earth helped the woman and opened its mouth and swallowed the flood that the dragon spewed out of its mouth. Then the dragon became angry with the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring, those who keep God’s commandments and bear witness to Jesus.

This scripture in Revelation is very interesting to me. This scripture is describing Christ’s faithful on their flight out of symbolic Babylon, where we are presently, and into Messianic Reign. Satan is man’s evil human pride on earth. Once Satan realizes that he, man’s evil human pride on earth, is not going to rule the world any longer, because our King, Jesus Christ, is going to Rule from now on and forever, he, Satan, is going to be furious!

The woman is mother Church, the Catholic Church. God is going to intervene and protect mother Church, the Catholic Church, from the reprisals of Satan. Then Satan, the dragon, turns his attack and goes after the woman’s other offspring, those who obey God. Well just who are the Catholic Church’s other offspring, 'Those who keep God's commandments and bear witness to Jesus'?

It is going to be a good time to be aboard the Mother Ship, Catholic Church. I am thinking that the woman’s other off spring, the Protestants, might think it a good time to convert and get back on board with us, in unity, on the Mother Ship, of the Catholic Church. The ‘Woman’ God is going to protect from the reprisals of Satan, as we sail into Messianic Reign, is Christ’s Church, the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0