Love the Lord with all your heart.
May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that has suffered from shingles, or anyone that gets recurring bouts of shingles.

I am 35 yrs old and have had shingles 3 times since christmas. This new bout is much worse and so painful. It has spread up both arms and onto my neck.
Does anyone have any remedies that helped them when they had this horrible disease.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
As a kid I had them, I guess I was around 13 or so I will never forget them …ever…ok maybe when I die. But as a kid it was one of those traumatic things not being able to scratch where it itches and I remember not being able to sleep for 3 days.

I can only recommend what you are probably using right now which is calamine lotion. I have heard of painkillers and anti-inflammatory being used….check with your Doc

I remember the doctor telling my Mom that once you get them you never get them again ….obviously not true. What I do know is that it is generally brought on by stress over a length of time and/or letting your body get run down, which lowers your body’s resistance.

I wish I could be of more help ……. but I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

b.a.t

May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sandman said:
As a kid I had them, I guess I was around 13 or so I will never forget them …ever…ok maybe when I die. But as a kid it was one of those traumatic things not being able to scratch where it itches and I remember not being able to sleep for 3 days.

I can only recommend what you are probably using right now which is calamine lotion. I have heard of painkillers and anti-inflammatory being used….check with your Doc

I remember the doctor telling my Mom that once you get them you never get them again ….obviously not true. What I do know is that it is generally brought on by stress over a length of time and/or letting your body get run down, which lowers your body’s resistance.

I wish I could be of more help ……. but I will pray for you.

You are right it can be brought on by stress and also b/c your body is run down. I get them b/c I have an underactive thyroid so my body can not fight most infections the way your body might.
Thank you for taking time to post.

Upvote 0

b.a.t

May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
SShanique said:
I don't have any advice, but how do you get shingles?

It is part of the chicken pox virus. I got it first time after getting too close to my neice and nephew when they had chicken pox. You can only catch it if you touch the infected area.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got chicken pox when I was 20 years old. It HURT like heck! The only way I could stand it was to lie in a bath of oatmeal or Avenno Oatmeal bath packets. Draw a bath and put in some oatmeal in the water or the Aveno stuff and just soak. Or make an oatmeal paste and put it on your spots. After bathing put vitamin E oil on the spots on your body. It really helps to take away the discomfort and the vitamin E will help heal your skin without scarring. Also the doctor had to give me some anti itching stuff, but I didn't use that much b/c it didn't work as well as the oatmeal and vitamin E oil. Hope you feel better soon! God bless!

Upvote 0