United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
addon-itsgirlbubblegum-large.gif

Congrats!
Welcome Anne. :):hug:

O, and sleep during the baby's nap time in the day. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DedicatedLittleFaith

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had a rather difficult delivery,,,

Yeah, turns out the baby was not as well positioned as we thought, so it took me over two hours to push her out, with doctor turning her little head as I did to keep her in a good position. But, that was the only little complication we had: no need for any intervention such as forceps or C-section. I did need some stiches though, which is the main reason I can't stop by quickly every day just to give news: I have a hard time sitting down and will be soar for at least the next three weeks as the stiches heal.

and of course this being our first night at home, Anne is being fussy and refuses to sleep in her crib.

We found the culprit! And it has nothing to do with her crib either. Our poor baby girl was simply COLD! In our prenatal classes, the urses told us not to wrap the baby in a blanket before settling them in the crib, the baby would be too warm. We simply needed to put on a good pair of pyjamas that covers her feet, and cover her slightly with a light blanket, tucked into the matress for safety. And so we did that.

Poor Anne has had very little sleep since we got home,,, so much so I was really getting worried. Called hospital and they told me things to look out for in case something was wrong, such as her temperature and stuff, and to not hesitate to bring her in for a check-up if one of those symptoms were present; but most likely it was a little bit of "seperation" anxiety. Things were all looking good and despite being tired the baby looked well.

And then,,, we found out the source of her dismay. Last night, I went to get her from her crib (after she had barely slept ten minutes), checked her and she needed a diaper change. So I picked her up only to realise her little hands were cold! I called my husband to show him and we immediatly suspected this was what was keeping her awake: our baby girl was too cold for comfort. So we figured "to heck with their advice: this baby WAS wrapped in a blanket at the hospital and we are wrapping her in a blanket here too!" We figured she won't be too warm since obviously at the moment she was cold.

And then BINGO! She immediatly started sleeping in her crib without fussing for as long as she needed,,, meaning until she needs a diaper change her she's hungry. Now she is catching up with the sleep she did not get; and so can her parents! ;)

Hey, one learns! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

DedicatedLittleFaith

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you to everyone for the congrats! :)

We've been praying for you. I am so glad you are both doing well, even if the sleep thing isn't happening yet.

Thank you for the prayers, they are much appreciated.
Things are looking much better now that Anne is comfortable enough to get some sleep. :)

I know it's hard :hug: It's age old advice--but sleep when your baby sleeps...don't try to get things done around the house. Right now every ounce of strength you have is learning how to be a momma to this new little one. Pass baby off awake so you can shower--and save Anne's sleeping time so that you can rest, too.

Thanks for the advice. Our parents have been stopping by every now and then to help us out; and my husband is also allowed some paternity leave so we will both be home until he goes back to work in mid-July.

As for getting sleep while the baby naps, I had already thought of that,,, but Anne was not napping for reasons I specified above. Now that that problem is settled, I am sure everyone will start sleeping a little better! :)

Just a word--be on the lookout for day 10 post-partum--it's usually the low point, it's when your hormones kind of bottom out. Try not to make any big decisions until after the two week mark.

Thanks again for the head's-up! :thumbsup:

Don't expect any progress on the sleep thing for a while. ;)

Well things are already getting better now.

How's Joseph doing on that front? Any progress?

Congratulations!

BTW, how do you feel about arranged marriages?

I am against them. Just doesn't seem natural to me.

Why you ask?

Congrats DLF!

So, has hubby gone shopping for Anne's new Hab sweater yet?
:)

LOL! ^_^

No, but he did get her a little pair of Habs booties! If you look at the picture I posted in the "Hockey Fans" thread, I have the little booties on my belly. :)

At the moment, they are a bit big for her. But she should be able to wear them by next season. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and about the blanket thing...

Most babies adore being wrapped snugly into a blanket. It makes them feel secure, as well as keeping them warm. Think about it...they've just spent the last nine months (all they know of life) being closely held within you. And the last little bit of that time was pretty snug. :)

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DLF...I think Eva was looking to hook your Anne up with her Joseph. ;) :D If you guys could reach an agreement, then they could be the first second generational OBOB marriage. :holy: :D

Yuppers... that would be awesome too! :D

Oh, and about the blanket thing...

Most babies adore being wrapped snugly into a blanket. It makes them feel secure, as well as keeping them warm. Think about it...they've just spent the last nine months (all they know of life) being closely held within you. And the last little bit of that time was pretty snug. :)

I agree. My girls always slept nicely and I think it was due to being wrapped warmly in a nice blanket...

:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.