Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Jeremiah 7:
For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought
them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.
23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, Obey My voice, and I will be your God,
and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you,
that it may be well with you.
“Obey My Voice” shema kol
To “walk in all the ways that I commanded you” is to walk as father Abraham walked.

Genesis 26:5 Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments,
My statutes, and My laws.

When did Shema become the great command?
Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant,
then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.

As was stated earlier at the Red Sea:
Exodus 15:26 and said, If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do
what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes,
I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians.
For I am the Lord who heals you.

When Jesus was asked “what is the first and greatest commandment”,
He replied; Shema Yisrael! Which is usually translated as “Hear, O Israel”.

Shema fully comprehended means “listen and obey”
Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient [shema], hearken
You shall eat the good of the land.

Obey My Voice=The Great Commandment
Deuteronomy 6:
Hearken, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!
5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
and with all your strength.

Jeremiah 11:
The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
2 Hear the words of this covenant, and speak to the men of Judah and to
the inhabitants of Jerusalem;
3 and say to them, Thus says the Lord God of Israel: Cursed is the man
who does not obey
the words of this covenant
4 which I commanded your fathers in the day I brought them out of the land
of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, Obey My voice, and do according to
all that I command you; so shall you be My people, and I will be your God,
5 that I may establish the oath which I have sworn to your fathers, to give
them a land flowing with milk and honey, as this day.
And I answered and said, Amen, Lord.
Brother, no one has fully understood the biblical Sabbath to fully obey it until these last days. Complicated was the Sabbath and God's people were reluctant to obey God so no one bothered to fully delve into and understand the Sabbath and we have all inherited a human tradition that is not God's true biblical Sabbath. If you want to understand the Sabbath in its entirety, I have written a book that solves the issue in the following scholarly paper by Amanda McGuire in 2008. The title of my book is: "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin". It all comes down to understanding how God established the day in Genesis, which is different from how God taught Israel to remember the Sabbath established on the Seventh day in Eden. The Sabbath in Israel is not a day of the week as it was in Eden because remembered is the Sabbath in the Eden time zone that falls in Israel between two days of the week instead of the Seventh day as in Eden. The first day in Genesis below is from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day from first light to light again in the morning. Evening falls in the middle of the first day dividing the halves that God called "day" and "night", in that order. Each day of the week ends in a "night" in which God has nothing to report from evening to morning because He only creates during the first half of light from morning to evening and stops creating every "night" from evening to morning.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi Jorge,
I appreciate your devotion to the Sabbath, as has always been evident to me since becoming
a member of the forum 16 months ago. I realize that this forum is entitled 'Sabbath and the Law",
and is kind of your backyard. This thread, however, is about "the great command" that Jesus was
questioned on in the Gospels, in which He replied by quoting the Shema, which is the actual topic
of the thread. I feel that you coming on the thread to promote your book on the Sabbath a bit off
topic for this particular thread. I pray you can see where I am coming from, and always consider
you a brother in Christ.
James

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi Jorge, I appreciate your devotion to the Sabbath, as has always been evident to me since becoming a member of the forum 16 months ago. I realize that this forum is entitled 'Sabbath and the Law", and is kind of your backyard. This thread, however, is about "the great command" that Jesus was questioned on in the Gospels, in which He replied by quoting the Shema, which is the actual topic of the thread. I feel that you coming on the thread to promote your book on the Sabbath a bit off topic for this particular thread. I pray you can see where I am coming from, and always consider you a brother in Christ. James
Brother, thank you for considering me a brother. If you believe that obedience is important to God, there is no greater "test" for everyone than the Sabbath question. Unfortunately, not even my church was able to learn the biblical Sabbath before the death of our prophetess. She would have confirmed this truth as she did many others to unite many denominations in Daniel's recent 2,300-year fulfilled prophesy. The church needs to learn to grow in the study of the Bible without her. I quote God recently through our prophetess.

The Sabbath question is a test that will come to the whole world. We need nothing to come in now to make a test for God's people that shall make more severe for them the test they already have. The enemy would be pleased to get up issues now to divert the minds of the people and get them into controversy over the subject of dress. Let our sisters dress plainly, as many do, having the dress of good material, durable, modest, appropriate for this age, and let not the dress question fill the mind. (Selected Messages Book 3, p. 254.4)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Brother, thank you for considering me a brother. If you believe that obedience is important to God, there is no greater "test" for everyone than the Sabbath question. Unfortunately, not even my church was able to learn the biblical Sabbath before the death of our prophetess. She would have confirmed this truth as she did many others to unite many denominations in Daniel's recent 2,300-year fulfilled prophesy. The church needs to learn to grow in the study of the Bible without her. I quote God recently through our prophetess.

The Sabbath question is a test that will come to the whole world. We need nothing to come in now to make a test for God's people that shall make more severe for them the test they already have. The enemy would be pleased to get up issues now to divert the minds of the people and get them into controversy over the subject of dress. Let our sisters dress plainly, as many do, having the dress of good material, durable, modest, appropriate for this age, and let not the dress question fill the mind. (Selected Messages Book 3, p. 254.4)​

Thank you for sharing. This remains off topic for this thread.
Remain In Light.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing. This remains off topic for this thread.
Remain In Light.
Brother, when you talk about listening to God, are you emphasizing the written word of God or a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit?

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. (Revelation 3:19-20 NIV)​

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Now you have it. I love the Word of God, and read the Bible every day. But more importantly, it is the quiet time to ask and listen. Blessings.
Brother, happy Sabbath! What is the strength of your growing faith? Has the Holy Spirit asked you something difficult with success? For example, the faith of Seventh-day Adventists is often tested when they seek employment and wish to remain faithful to the Sabbath and not work during those hours. According to Wikipedia there are 21,760,076 people whose faith the Lord strengthens by helping them find a job that allows them not to work during those hours. That's a lot of help from the Lord! Help like what God could only give to rebuild the temple after the 70-year exile. Daniel had prophesied that Jesus would come 483 years from rebuilding the temple. Jesus came at the given time! Prophesied 580 years in advance, a logistical challenge that only God could meet. As Job tells us next, we must not only accept the good from God, but also the things that cause us "trouble".

The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head. Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes. His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!” He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said. (Job 2:6-10 NIV)​

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0