• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning She was assulted

Justasimplea

May 4, 2017
San fernandi
✟16,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
this girl from my youth group told me she got inappropriately touched. Took me a while but I spoke up to her parents. They let it go since they were a couple. And she didn't tell them the truth. He is still around her and she still talks to him. I am left disgusted. Every time I see him I see what she described to me and I just want to hit him and yell at the top of my lungs. She tries to tell me that it's not what I think and that I need to forget it. But she told me everything in detail. He is 8 years older than her. He comes to my church and I cannot stand it. When he walks by I feel him look at me. He hates me for speaking up. She didn't even back me up and now everyone thinks i exaggerated. Then they found out about another girl that he did it too and it was around the same time he did it to the other girl. She decided to talk to my brother about it and now my brother has a crush on her. I can't see my brother he same now. He disgusts me. All men are the same. She is only 15. I don't know what to do. I want to disappear. I love the lord I love to serve and help people but I'm angry at it all.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
this girl from my youth group told me she got inappropriately touched. Took me a while but I spoke up to her parents. They let it go since they were a couple. And she didn't tell them the truth. He is still around her and she still talks to him. I am left disgusted. Every time I see him I see what she described to me and I just want to hit him and yell at the top of my lungs. She tries to tell me that it's not what I think and that I need to forget it. But she told me everything in detail. He is 8 years older than her. He comes to my church and I cannot stand it. When he walks by I feel him look at me. He hates me for speaking up. She didn't even back me up and now everyone thinks i exaggerated. Then they found out about another girl that he did it too and it was around the same time he did it to the other girl. She decided to talk to my brother about it and now my brother has a crush on her. I can't see my brother he same now. He disgusts me. All men are the same. She is only 15. I don't know what to do. I want to disappear. I love the lord I love to serve and help people but I'm angry at it all.

I am sorry this happened.I am praying for this.

Reactions: macek
Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, this is what sexism in our society does, even victims of it can downplay or deny or even perpetuate it. But let me say this, not all males are the same, of course we are all similar because of culture but both genders can break free of it.

Even though the victim is seriously downplaying this I'd tell the police ( don't call 911, just go into the station or call a non emergency number) so that at least this horrible person is on their radar. It sounds like you are already there for her and I'd continue to do that and make sure she knows this is not normal nor is it okay to be sexually assaulted. I know the rage you're feeling and what helps me is to try to get society to change. If you're interested or have time I'd read about rape culture and you can start at wiki and here : http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/03/examples-of-rape-culturor

Upvote 0

macek

Apr 21, 2017
Ljubljana
✟65,547.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i am sorry for your friend. Continue to support her with love and prayers. Sadly the majority of assaults go unreported because the victim is afraid of repricussions. The mother of that girl should be the first to take action against her partner.

Will pray for you and your friend and the other girl aswell.

Upvote 0