NW England
✟1,052,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always write "She said....bla bla bla" cause its not what i said but an American Youtube Prophet.
Just sharing who knows whether it comes true or not so we may know the quality.

That sounds reasonable; but a) I'm rather alarmed by the number of people who believe that the Lord announces his intentions on YouTube and b) we have a fair idea of where she's coming from by her "prediction" last year, (if it's the same woman).

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I post information... state my position.. but I don't engage in endless talmudic debates.

I wasn't suggesting an argument.
The events described in the book of Esther are part of Jewish history; as well as being in Scripture, Josephus writes about them, and the Jews celebrate Purim every year to commemorate them. I was curious why you would state that the book is just a parable. But I'm not going to argue or debate the fact.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talmudic debate is satanic confusion.

Only God can give true understanding.

Jesus intentionally spoke in parables so only those whom God willed would understand.

But I see nothing anywhere which says that the book of Esther is a parable. That's all I was saying. If you are adamant that it is and don't want to discuss it; fine.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I will say it again one more time...

The book of Esther is different from other books in the Bible because it does not mention God.
[only one other does not mention God... Song of Solomon.] This has concerned many Bible scholars.

Bible parables do not directly mention God either.

The story of Esther takes place in Persia and matches an actual event in ancient Persia at the same time
that was critical to the ancient Israelites and rebuilding the temple.

The parable of Esther is about identity... the ancient Persian event was about identity.

The parable of Esther ended with a massacre of the enemy... the ancient Perisan event ended with a massacre of the enemy.

The book of Esther is a parable based upon that historical Persian event. Atossa [daughter of Cyrus] = Hadassah

Esther [Hadassah] is a parable Persian queen... Atossa was a real Persian queen [married to Darius]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I will add something else interesting... and I'm sure I will be attacked for this too.

Cyrus was an Israelite.

When Assyria destroyed the Northern Kingdom of Israel in the 8th century BC...
they removed the Israelites from the Holy Land. The Bible says they resettled
Israelites into the "cities of the Medes." 2 Kings 17:6 2 Kings 18:11

The Medes were an Aryan people... connected to the Medes were another
Aryan kindred people, the Persians, who were divided into 10 or 12 tribes
[10 or 12 tribes depending upon the ancient Greek historian telling the history.]
The Northern Kingdom Israelites are often referred to as the "10 lost tribes."

Isaiah 45 calls Cyrus God's anointed [God's divine anointing is usually reserved
for Israelite kings and priests.]

Isaiah 44:28 calls Cyrus God's shepherd who will rebuild Jerusalem and temple.

Cyrus conquered Babylon, liberated God's people and decreed a portion of them
return to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple.

The divine irony is... Cyrus of the 10 tribes liberated the 2 tribes of Judah
and decreed a portion of Judah return to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple...
in preparation for the birth of God incarnate, Jesus Christ, who united all
12 tribes of Israel in Christianity.

Cyrus is a OT archetype of Christ. Historical Cyrus symbols were used in Revelation.
The white horse in Revelation 19:11 is a very important Cyrus symbol.

So.... this adds even more interest in the parable of Esther = Hadassah - Atossa.
Atossa was the daughter of Cyrus... in both the parable and real Persian event
upon which Esther is based... she was an orphan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will say it again one more time...

The book of Esther is different from other books in the Bible because it does not mention God.
[only one other does not mention God... Song of Solomon.] This has concerned many Bible scholars.

Bible parables do not directly mention God either.

The story of Esther takes place in Persia and matches an actual event in ancient Persia at the same time
that was critical to the ancient Israelites and rebuilding the temple.

The parable of Esther is about identity... the ancient Persian event was about identity.

The parable of Esther ended with a massacre of the enemy... the ancient Perisan event ended with a massacre of the enemy.

The book of Esther is a parable based upon that historical Persian event. Atossa [daughter of Cyrus] = Hadassah

Esther [Hadassah] is a parable Persian queen... Atossa was a real Persian queen [married to Darius]

I know what you said, but not mentioning God is not PROOF that something is a parable.
The Jews don't treat it as such, and the historian Josephus writes about it in his book of the history of the Jews.

You may see a parallel between the events in it and some other events - but a parable, like the Good Samaritan, prodigal son, is a story to illustrate a particular point/truth. A parable can speak to people on a number of levels, have several meanings and applications, and people might see different things in it each time it is told.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

We seem to have gone full circle again.

I post that Esther is a parable and give numerous reasons why... and you reject it.

I am not here to convince you... and I certainly will not engage in an endless useless talmudic debate over it.

I am here to post the information God gave me... whether you accept it or reject it is not my decision or your decision... it's God's decision.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
America is like any other country, like Sodom and Gomorra.

Exactly man, all crimes that happened in America also happens everywhere in the world.
LGBT is recognized in US but in other countries its hidden in the dark rooms, same anyway

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We seem to have gone full circle again.

I post that Esther is a parable and give numerous reasons why... and you reject it.

A parable is a story to illustrate something; a historical event is a historical event. So yes, I do reject it.

I think you're wrong, and that any Christian or Jew would tell you so, but I'm not going to argue with you.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What your proof that he was an Israelite?

I have already posted information... why Cyrus was an Israelite.

Whether or not you understand it... is not under my control.

The parable of Esther gives another clue... the fact that Esther married the King of Persia.
The ancient Israelites were forbidden to marry outside their race... and the Achaemenid
Persian kings were proud of their Aryan racial lineage... the fact that in the parable they
intermarried is very telling. Also very telling is how friendly the Achaemenid Persian kings
were to the Israelites. Ezra 6 says King Darius sent tribute he received from others to
support the temple in Jerusalem which Cyrus decreed built and Darius decreed completed.

In the 419BC Elephantine "Passover Papyrus"... King Darius II officially decrees Passover.

http://www.kchanson.com/ANCDOCS/westsem/passover.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mike van wyk

GODWITHUS
Feb 6, 2016
south afrika
✟15,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have already posted information... why Cyrus was an Israelite.

Whether or not you understand it... is not under my control.

The parable of Esther gives another clue... the fact that Esther married the King of Persia.
The ancient Israelites were forbidden to marry outside their race... and the Achaemenid
Persian kings were proud of their Aryan racial lineage... the fact that in the parable they
intermarried is very telling. Also very telling is how friendly the Achaemenid Persian kings
were to the Israelites. Ezra 6 says King Darius sent tribute he received from others to
support the temple in Jerusalem which Cyrus decreed built and Darius decreed completed.

In the 419BC Elephantine "Passover Papyrus"... King Darius II officially decrees Passover.

http://www.kchanson.com/ANCDOCS/westsem/passover.html

Can you give me a hint where your post is

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Purim

Historical Evidence for the Purim Story and Queen Esther

Question: Is there any historical evidence of the story of Purim and Queen Esther?

Answer: In the high mountains of Iran is a city called Hamadan. Notice that if you remove a "da" from Hamadan, you get "Haman." I don’t know when Hamadan was renamed, but at one time it was called "Shushan," and that is where the Queen Esther story takes place.

There is a tomb for Queen Esther, and that tomb was built right in the middle of what is now known as Hamadan.

Regards,

Eliahu Levenson

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Shushan = Susa

The parable of Esther takes place in Susa, Persia... the winter capital of Cyrus' Persian empire.

Susa was the capital of ancient Elam. Cyrus rose to power in Elam.

My take on the lost Ark of the Covenant... it was moved to Elam.

What some believe to be the tomb of Atossa [Cyrus' daughter] is in Elam...
it is a smaller version of Cyrus' tomb.

Atossa = Hadassah = Esther

The News Section of the Circle of Ancient Iranian Studies (CAIS)

Ilegal Construction Threatening The Achaemenid Tomb in Bushehr

Friday, 12 March 2010

gur-e_dokhtar1.jpg (28420 bytes)

Gur-e Dokhtar in the village of Tang-e Eram

LONDON, (CAIS) -- Construction by local residents, ignored by the authority has imperiled an Achaemenid tomb, claimed to be the tomb of Cyrus I, the Achaemenid king and son of Teispes and grandfather of Cyrus II the Great, near the village of Tang-e Eram in Bushehr Province........

Known as Gur-Dokhtar (the burial of daughter) by the local people, the site was discovered in 1968 by Belgian archaeologist Louis Vandenberg, who believed the tomb belonged to Cyrus I....

Other experts however have claimed is the burial place of Mandane, mother of Cyrus the Great, while other scholars claim it was the mausoleum of Atossa, the daughter of Cyrus the Great and the wife and queen of Darius the Great.

Built of 24 pieces of stone, the structure is very similar in architecture to the mausoleum of Cyrus the Great at Pasargadae in Fars Province. However, it is several times smaller than the Cyrus the Great mausoleum. The tomb is 4.5 meters in height and contains a small pool.

A team of Iranian experts led by Hassan Rahsaz conducted a series of restoration efforts on the structure in early 2000’s.

gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr2.jpg (65006 bytes) gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr3.jpg (76109 bytes)

gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr.jpg (81997 bytes) gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr1.jpg (45260 bytes)

Unfortunately the news article link is no longer active.

http://www.cais-soas.com/news/index...ening-the-achaemenid-tomb-in-bushehr&catid=41

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oooops--I forgot the Link to that post--

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-category/the-jewish-calendar-and-holidays/purim/?p=890

The Book of Esther is the fifth of the Five Scrolls, arranged in the Hebrew Bible in the order in which they are read on fixed occasions in the Jewish religious calendar.

It is a partly historical, partly legendary story offering an account of how the Jewish feast of 'Purim' originated.

The book cannot have been written much later than the Persian period. The author introduced many Persian words into his story, was acquainted with Persian customs and gave the whole story a strong Persian atmosphere which led many to think that the anonymous author had actually lived in Persia.

Ancient Susa at the time of Esther

The remains of Persepolis, and even more those of Susa, bear out the events related in the book. Inscriptions found distinguish between 'Susa the capital' (the royal palace) and the city of Susa. Thus the book correctly places the banquet of Esther in 'Susa the capital', (1:2) 'in the court of the garden of the king’s palace' (1:5).

Excavations in Susa and Persepolis have brought to light many pillars over which coloured awnings were stretched, as described in 1:6. In Susa, the city street 'in front of the king’s gate' (4:6) has been uncovered, and also the harem which had an exit opening onto the gateway of the city.

http://www.bible-archaeology.info/esther.htm

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Shushan = Susa

The parable of Esther takes place in Susa, Persia... the winter capital of Cyrus' Persian empire.

Susa was the capital of ancient Elam. Cyrus rose to power in Elam.

My take on the lost Ark of the Covenant... it was moved to Elam.

What some believe to be the tomb of Atossa [Cyrus' daughter] is in Elam...
it is a smaller version of Cyrus' tomb.

Atossa = Hadassah = Esther

The News Section of the Circle of Ancient Iranian Studies (CAIS)

Ilegal Construction Threatening The Achaemenid Tomb in Bushehr

Friday, 12 March 2010

gur-e_dokhtar1.jpg (28420 bytes)

Gur-e Dokhtar in the village of Tang-e Eram

LONDON, (CAIS) -- Construction by local residents, ignored by the authority has imperiled an Achaemenid tomb, claimed to be the tomb of Cyrus I, the Achaemenid king and son of Teispes and grandfather of Cyrus II the Great, near the village of Tang-e Eram in Bushehr Province........

Known as Gur-Dokhtar (the burial of daughter) by the local people, the site was discovered in 1968 by Belgian archaeologist Louis Vandenberg, who believed the tomb belonged to Cyrus I....

Other experts however have claimed is the burial place of Mandane, mother of Cyrus the Great, while other scholars claim it was the mausoleum of Atossa, the daughter of Cyrus the Great and the wife and queen of Darius the Great.

Built of 24 pieces of stone, the structure is very similar in architecture to the mausoleum of Cyrus the Great at Pasargadae in Fars Province. However, it is several times smaller than the Cyrus the Great mausoleum. The tomb is 4.5 meters in height and contains a small pool.

A team of Iranian experts led by Hassan Rahsaz conducted a series of restoration efforts on the structure in early 2000’s.

gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr2.jpg (65006 bytes) gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr3.jpg (76109 bytes)

gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr.jpg (81997 bytes) gur-e_dokhtar_bushehr1.jpg (45260 bytes)

Unfortunately the news article link is no longer active.

http://www.cais-soas.com/news/index...ening-the-achaemenid-tomb-in-bushehr&catid=41

Interesting that the tomb was only discovered in 1968.

Maybe the damage was caused by someone looking for the Ark ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.