Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://awatchmanonthewall.blogspot.co.id/2016/01/weigh-all-things-both-great-and-small.html

On 21 January, 2016 in my quiet time I heard :
"As dark clouds begin to gather over your nation, know My Light dispels all darkness. In February you will see the brokenness of your nation manifest itself. Because you have rejected your God the rattling begins. February will be a month of great change. You will see rebellion, turmoil, riots; men' lives raging out of control. Peace will be taken from the land. A pocket here, a pocket there. Remember Ferguson. 23 February is a day of great calamity. 2 February will usher in the crisis, 3 February you will begin to both see and hear. Rumbling and unrest will become evident within your nation. As the month progresses unrest will intensify."

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did anything happen on February 2nd or 3rd to support this "prophecy"?
I may have been asleep on these two days, but I don't recall anything of note. Maybe it was something subtle . But not to worry. February 23 will be here in a few days. That is around Purim time, and a lot of people are focusing on that time.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's Purim?

Purim = begins sundown March 23, 2016

Purim Katan = February 23, 2016

http://www.vercalendario.info/en/event/jewish-celebrations-23-february-2016.html

Purim is a special interest to me because of my special interest in ancient history....
especially ancient Persian history. Hadassah = Atossa, daughter of Cyrus [who liberated
God's people from Babylon and decreed they return to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple],
wife of Darius [who decreed the completion of the temple] and mother of Xerxes.

The parable of Esther is historically based upon what happened in Persian history between
the death of Cyrus and the reign of Darius when an evil impostor [and his followers] usurped
the throne of Persia via lying intrigue.

Btw... the book of Esther is a parable... which is why it doesn't directly mention God.
The enemy in the parable, Haman, is an Edomite prince [Amalekites were Edomites.]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Purim = begins sundown March 23, 2016

Purim Katan = February 23, 2016

http://www.vercalendario.info/en/event/jewish-celebrations-23-february-2016.html

Purim is a special interest to me because of my special interest in ancient history....
especially ancient Persian history. Hadassah = Atossa, daughter of Cyrus [who liberated
God's people from Babylon and decreed they return to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple],
wife of Darius [who decreed the completion of the temple] and mother of Xerxes.

The parable of Esther is historically based upon what happened in Persian history between
the death of Cyrus and the reign of Darius when an evil impostor [and his followers] usurped
the throne of Persia via lying intrigue.

Btw... the book of Esther is a parable... which is why it doesn't directly mention God.
The enemy in the parable, Haman, is an Edomite prince [Amalekites were Edomites.]

Parable? How so? I have always seen it as historical. You don't think the story really happened?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Parable? How so? I have always seen it as historical. You don't think the story really happened?

The book of Esther has concerned many because unlike other OT books, it does not mention God.
This is because the book of Esther is a parable which is based upon a very important historical event
in ancient Persia that happened between the death of Cyrus and reign of Darius which affected the
rebuilding of Jerusalem and temple. An evil impostor impersonated one of Cyrus' sons and took control
of Persia while Cyrus' real son and heir was away conquering Egypt. The impostor king stopped the rebuilding
of the temple in Jerusalem. When the real king, Cyrus' real son, heard about the coup, he headed back to Persia...
but mysteriously died near Mt Carmel. So that left the Persian empire... and Israel... under the rule of the evil impostor.

The historical version ends with a huge massacre of the impostor and his follows who Darius called the "Lie."

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The book of Esther has concerned many because unlike other OT books, it does not mention God.
This is because the book of Esther is a parable which is based upon a very important historical event
in ancient Persia that happened between the death of Cyrus and reign of Darius which affected the
rebuilding of Jerusalem and temple. An evil impostor impersonated one of Cyrus' sons and took control
of Persia while Cyrus' real son and heir was away conquering Egypt. The impostor king stopped the rebuilding
of the temple in Jerusalem. When the real king, Cyrus' real son, heard about the coup, he headed back to Persia...
but mysteriously died near Mt Carmel. So that left the Persian empire... and Israel... under the rule of the evil impostor.

The historical version ends with a huge massacre of the impostor and his follows who Darius called the "Lie."

What is the source of your information? The book of Esther is presented as history. That it is is the whole premise for the establishment of the Purim feast day. I don't think the feast was established on a parable. It has nothing to do with this "imposter" you refer to, nor on this mysterious "son" of Cyrus.

Upvote 0

Fusion77

Dec 18, 2015
Texas
✟62,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, because this year is a "leap year" in the Hebrew calendar, Purim will be March 24-25. With the fast if Esther starting on March 23.

Concerning the Kings of Media and then Persia after Cyrus took control. I've got Cyrus 539-530 BC, then Cambyus 530-522 BC, then the imposter for about 6 months (Bardyus?) after that Darius Hystapsus 522/521 BC until can't remember off hand 485BC???.then Xerxes or Ahasuerus the king during the time of Esther (her husband), then finally Artexerxes the one to whom Nehemiah was cupbearer.

concerning this prophecy, it's a wait and see situation. If it comes to pass, true prophet. If not, well you know.

And my apologies for posting in a pre trib only thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is the source of your information? The book of Esther is presented as history. That it is is the whole premise for the establishment of the Purim feast day. I don't think the feast was established on a parable. It has nothing to do with this "imposter" you refer to, nor on this mysterious "son" of Cyrus.

I posted information about the book of Esther based upon the Bible and ancient history.

If you truly understood what I have posted, you would be much more excited about the story the book of Esther tells...
because it is an end of the age parable and relates to the finale of the Jacob/Esau struggle we've previously discussed.

Btw.... the anniversary of the historic massacre in Persia also became an important holiday. Ancient Greek historian,
Herodotus, wrote about the impostor and the massacre and called the massacre anniversary a "red letter day."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Concerning the Kings of Media and then Persia after Cyrus took control. I've got Cyrus 539-530 BC, then Cambyus 530-522 BC, then the imposter for about 6 months (Bardyus?) after that Darius Hystapsus 522/521 BC until can't remember off hand 485BC???.then Xerxes or Ahasuerus the king during the time of Esther (her husband), then finally Artexerxes the one to whom Nehemiah was cupbearer.

Ezra 4-6 tells the story how the enemy who occupied the holy land in Israel's absence [ie, Edomites]
kept complaining about Israel's return to rebuild Jerusalem and temple... so the adversaries wrote
letters to two Persian kings... the first king did not respond [which makes sense because Cyrus' son
was away conquering Egypt]... the second king ordered the rebuilding of the temple be stopped
[this was the evil impostor king - secular history says he closed down temples.] It was not until the
evil impostor... who Darius called the "LIE"... was exposed and killed by Darius and the impostor's
followers of the "LIE" were massacred... that Darius decreed the completion of building the temple.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

An important player in this Persian event whose part has been lost in secular history is Atossa,
the daughter of Cyrus. Fortunately, the book of Esther tells us her role in parable form.
With both brothers dead... Atossa would have been the one who could have identified
and exposed the impostor [the impostor was impersonating one of Atossa's dead brothers.]
Atossa, the daughter of Cyrus, married Darius who became king. Atossa = Hadassah

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟26,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The book of Esther is a very important parable related to the end of the age.

Yep it's an historical event as well as a future prophecy. Using typology we can quite clearly see who the evil Haman represents , both he and his 10 sons...:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Ironic that Haman was hung on his own gallows... entraped in his own trap to destroy Israel whom he had cast the lot to slaughter
[lot = pur = Purim]

Haman was an Edomite

Esther 3:1 = " Haman the Agagite "

Agag-ite = Agag = King of the Amalek-ites [1 Samuel 15:32] = Amalek = grandson of Esau [Genesis 36:12] = Edom = Edomite [Genesis 36:8]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.