• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

She Didn’t Act Like a Rape Victim

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SummerMadness, Jul 22, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,211
    Christian
    She Didn’t Act Like a Rape Victim

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,137
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    There are also people like me who have very limited range of emotional expression and feelings.

Almost like a Vulcan in Star Trek fiction. Some are a result of PTSD. Is this a "go signal" that makes it okay to rape people like us??

3. dogs4thewin

dogs4thewin dog lover Supporter CF Ambassadors

+3,753
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    The fact is rape is hard to prove if the state cannot prove it because there is not enough there to support a conviction ( should that it was without consent AND that the suspect or suspects knew or reasonably should have known this the conviction should not stand. Well, the person should not be convicted, but if he or she is it should be appealed and overturned.

4. dogs4thewin

dogs4thewin dog lover Supporter CF Ambassadors

+3,753
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Again, it is not that it is OK it is that there are certain elements to be convicted of any crime disorderly conduct, shoplifting, rape, murder I do not care what the crime is it is on the state to prove the elements if they cannot then there should be no conviction. If there is a conviction that is appealed and a higher court finds the state did not meet their burden then it should be overturned. It could be stealing a candy bar, rape or murder I do not care if the state cannot meet the burden WITHOUT breaking the law themselves then there should be no conviction.

5. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+681
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I mean... Whatever happened to hygiene for starters? Like, clean the sleeping bag a little maybe? Gross!

6. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,482
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Did the alleged rape occur inside the sleeping bag or on it?

7. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,211
    Christian
    Their logic was that the person should be screaming and fighting back for it to be a rape... that is ridiculous and often not how sexual assault occurs, especially when the assault is by a person the victim knows. But what can you really expect from a country where rape within marriage was only outlawed in 1993.