Shavua Tov!

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I, for one, am taking a deep breath and putting things of strife behind me.

Spring in clearly on it's inexorable "march" as daffodils take over from frost. While we are highly likely to have one or two more snows before April 15th, the humming birds arrive around April 15th.

I will miss the cold and snow and dread the heat of summer, but I choose to grasp the positive in each season and minimize the negatives. I SO appreciate that we now live where we get exactly 3 months of each season and each season displays it's fullness clearly.

So too the seasons of this board.

We have been through a difficult season recently. I'm looking forward to a fresh new season of mutual grace and fellowship while we discuss the variations and experiences in this very young and immature movement, contemporary Messianic Judaism.

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Henaynei said:
Well, I, for one, am taking a deep breath and putting things of strife behind me.

Spring in clearly on it's inexorable "march" as daffodils take over from frost. While we are highly likely to have one or two more snows before April 15th, the humming birds arrive around April 15th.

I will miss the cold and snow and dread the heat of summer, but I choose to grasp the positive in each season and minimize the negatives. I SO appreciate that we now live where we get exactly 3 months of each season and each season displays it's fullness clearly.

So too the seasons of this board.

We have been through a difficult season recently. I'm looking forward to a fresh new season of mutual grace and fellowship while we discuss the variations and experiences in this very young and immature movement, contemporary Messianic Judaism.

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

You know! a few years back I felt like the stranger mentioned in Isaiah 56 i.e., separated from YHWH's people, though I love the Torah and his name, and observe the Sabbath, none of my friends and neighbors in 20+ years share in these things:

Well, I was feeling a little lonely, and longed for fellowship with someone of Jewish descent: With no computer to go on line, I resorted to the nearest bookstore a.d purchased a book called Judaism for dummies, I thought what the heck, it has my name on it (dummy):

Unfortunately I'll have to wait for the 'Judaism for real slow dummies' to hit the stands; yet I did walk away with two things on my mind 1) the book said, that every Jew in Judaism believes the Torah to be from the Divine, yet tend to disagree when it comes to interpreting it. 2) the book also said that though they did .ot believe Yeshua to be the. Messiah, they do believe a Jewish rabbi will rise and be a light unto the Gentiles!

Hmmm. I remember thinking to myself, there must be thousands if not millions of rabbis, yet if you ask any gentile he will tell you he only knows one rabbi from the Jews and that is Yeshua.

I am a little leary to embrace all of the Jewish customs, but every custom I find to be in harmony with scripture, I quickly adopt. Only because of that rabbi Yeshua, and his sayings am I leary of costoms.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Brother Laureate & Sister Henaynei-- I can so identify with both of your posts. It's hard to understand the path that God has me on and I ofttimes feel like a stranger in all camps. I know Torah, I uphold Torah and all of God's word. I love God and His gift to me in Jesus/Yeshua. I look for peace and unity in the Body. Can I not love all of God's people?...Can they not love me as God does?

Shavua' tov u-mevorach!

Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Jerushabelle said:
Brother Laureate & Sister Henaynei-- I can so identify with both of your posts. It's hard to understand the path that God has me on and I ofttimes feel like a stranger in all camps. I know Torah, I uphold Torah and all of God's word. I love God and His gift to me in Jesus/Yeshua. I look for peace and unity in the Body. Can I not love all of God's people?...Can they not love me as God does?

Shavua' tov u-mevorach!

I do believe that is the law! Well, it's the law I live by i.e., the law of Love.

I John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of Elohay, and every one that loveth is born of Elohay, and knoweth Elohay.

4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:

You know how John says, There is no fear in love, but perfect love cast out fear, well, if the gist of the law is to love, then the gist of crime/sin is to fear.

When this dawned on me, I couldn't help but notice the similarity between the Hebrew word for sin [Khaw-taw], and a Hebrew word for fear [Khit-taw]

Upvote 0