Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people are just evil and they will never change. Some people you just can't reach.

They don't want to repent and be saved.

That's the way they want it, so that's the way they get it :

• Saint Cyprian of Carthage - The Treatises of Cyprian - Treatise 5 (V) -
An Address to Demetrianus - 24.
(200-258 A.D.)

"An Ever-Burning Gehenna Will Burn Up The Condemned, and A Punishment Devouring With Living Flames; Nor Will There Be Any Source Whence At Any Time They May Have Either Respite Or End To Their Torments.
Souls With Their Bodies Will Be Reserved In Infinite Tortures For Suffering."

0831cyprian-of-carthage0012.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Some people are just evil and they will never change. Some people you just can't reach.

They don't want to repent and be saved.

That's the way they want it, so that's the way they get it :

Don't get me wrong I agree with you but that was sort of funny how you got that from the video. XD

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As somebody who loves Jesus very much it's very frustrating to me to try and share the good news to people who just don't have any interest in hearing it. I know it's their choice, but it still upsets me. Jesus loves them so, so, SO much and they just don't get it. :( Is there anything else that I can do? (Besides praying for them I guess.)
Are there items in your home that you only use on occasion or at specific times? You may have that particular dining set that you only bring out on special events. Then there are everyday household items you use every day, but perhaps for only a short time like your shower, coffee pot, and kitchen sink. Regardless of when, where, and how much you use them, they are available to you. Think this way when it comes to being used by God. Paul says in Romans 12:1, "Therefore I urge you, brothers, on account of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." Your worship of God is to be a living sacrifice. In other words, you make yourself available to God whenever and wherever He sees fit to use you. It may not be all the time. It may only be once in your lifetime. Regardless, you rest in all that He has given to you, knowing that at any moment, you may be called upon to be of service to Him. If and when those people want to hear what you have to say about Jesus Christ, be there for them and ready for God to serve them through you. Just like those household items, when you need them, they are prepared to serve you. Grace and Peace.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As somebody who loves Jesus very much it's very frustrating to me to try and share the good news to people who just don't have any interest in hearing it. I know it's their choice, but it still upsets me. Jesus loves them so, so, SO much and they just don't get it. :( Is there anything else that I can do? (Besides praying for them I guess.)

Nobody likes being proselytized at. It's not just non-Christians. If a Muslim tried to convert you, how would you feel? Now imagine that it happens a lot. Or, how about Mormons showing up at your doorstep? Jehovah's Witnesses?

It's just not the sort of thing that most people are particularly fond of. So it shouldn't be shocking when people respond negatively.

That doesn't mean we don't share our faith, that doesn't mean we don't evangelize. But it does mean that we should think about what these things mean, and about our engagement toward other people.

As for what you should do, just love them. Just love people. Don't push, don't prod, just love. It's not the Christian's job to convert people, conversion is what God does. The Gospel in and of itself is sufficient to create faith, that is why St. Paul says that "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17).

A couple of things:

1) That what we preach is actually the Gospel. The Gospel is not "turn or burn", the Gospel is the proclamation of what God has done for the world in and through Jesus Christ. There is never any condemnation in the Gospel. The Gospel does not condemn, only the Law condemns. As such, it is vital that we make sure we properly make the distinction between Law and Gospel.

2) We should recall that St. Paul says that not all are evangelists. While every Christian can share their faith, indeed, St. Peter says we ought to have an answer to the hope that is within us, and to do this with gentleness and respect. So while that personal sharing of the Gospel is something we can all do, not every Christian is called to the vocation of evangelist. In fact, I would go so far as to say that there are plenty of reasons why individual Christians shouldn't. We wouldn't have someone serve as a pastor unless they were qualified for that vocation, likewise the same would be true of an evangelist. I've seen a lot of Christians who are very excited about sharing their faith, and that's a good thing, but who also are very ill-equipped to actually engage in talking about these things. Indeed, see the first point above.

Love your neighbor, be a good friend, be a faithful servant to those with whom you share life--whether they are friends, neighbors, family, acquaintances, anything. Also, equip yourself, study the faith, learn about what you believe so that when someone talks to you about your religion you can talk about it. Don't worry about whether or not it seems like you're making any "progress", because the point isn't to try and get them to convert to Christianity (again, only God can do that), the point is simply to live and talk as though the Gospel is true, and if we believe the Gospel, then we can confess that Gospel. Confessing it to ourselves, confessing it to one another, confessing it before God, and confessing it before the world. That confession of "I believe". That we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, who suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried, who rose on the third day, who ascended into heaven, and reigns at the right hand of the Father, from whence He will come again to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom shall have no end.

It shouldn't be about going out to try and get people to become Christians. Instead it's about confessing the faith, that which we believe should be as ordinary for us as breathing air. That whether I am by myself, or at church, or spending time with a friend, I am a Christian. And because I am a Christian, the Gospel there, on our lips, whether explicitly or implicitly. The word that we speak, of God's love and grace that He has for sinners, for us. That the world is beloved of God for Christ gave His only-begotten Son for this world of broken sinners, for all of us.

Believe in the power of God's word, that wherever the Gospel is, there is faith. The breaking-in of God, through His word, into our lives, and into the lives of our neighbors, in the lives of everyone we meet. God is breaking in, tearing down our walls, God is relentless in His love for each and every one of us. And it's not about you or me saying the right things, but about God and His own promise to sinners--all sinners--that Christ died for them. That's just true, so, let's believe that's true in our dealings with others.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I feel ya, I react the same way. However, God has given me something to do with the talent/gifts He has given me, which is through drawing and writing. In this way I can reach those (through Christ) who want to “see” and “hear”.

We can’t force anyone as you know, just like Christ never forced anyone to hear, but always said “let the one who has eyes to see and ears to hear.” So it is for us as well sharing the Gospel of Christ. Keep praying and on guard for an opportunity for the one who will hear. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,226.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No,.. actually I live in the US.

You could still send birthday/condolence/friendship cards though - and show practical love, like weeding their gardens, shopping etc.
There is actually a form of evangelism called "servant evangelism", which "wins the heart before it confronts the mind". There are testimonies, and books, about servant evangelism.

By the way, don't imply, and certainly not to the non Christians concerned, that not receiving Jesus is "their fault". They may be hiding deep hurts about God/the church that you know nothing about, or they might have never experienced love and therefore are unable to understand it.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Don't try too hard to convince them, rather live out your faith, be open, pray when you are around them, bless them when you leave them, share a word with them when opportunity comes etc. Show your faith by your life, God will do the rest.

Christ love,
Peter

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ calls us to be as gentle as doves but as wise as serpents. With many, they may be somewhat hostile to the gospel yet we can still show them Christ in other ways that they will receive. We may be intentional about our faith but at the same time not preachy. Following Christ should be attractional but there is a lot of baggage with the subject so we need to find other ways to allow people to receive the message without being hostile to it and often it is more of a long relational game approach. Many times we need to earn the right to speak the gospel rather than peddle it like a salesman because no one likes a salesman. If we are called to love our neighbour as our self then why do we think we can push the gospel unsolicited and expect it to be received with open arms. I don't want someone else to force their belief on me so why should I expect it's different with them?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Preach Jesus, the Christ of God ('anointed One', not just as a great teacher);
Show love and concern for the soul of one you speak to;
Speak of eternity and our eternal soul after death of our body with or without Jesus Christ --Heaven or Hell;
Ask if one is ready to face the Creator-God after rejecting His "beloved Son";
Refer to clear Gospel Bible messages as John 1; John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc. and urge one to begin reading the four Gospel books.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I guess my other problem is that even though I know and believe in my heart that Jesus Christ loves me (and I love Him for it so much in return) and I believe John 3:16, I think my mind tends to forget that and I still strive for protection and do everything that He wants me to do and don't do everything that He doesn't want me to do because I feel like I will lose my salvation if I don't. Of course this is a lie, because if it was true then there would be no need for a Savior in the first place and it's impossible to get to Heaven on my own.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Matthew 10:14
And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi rose, I understand that sense of frustration.

But remember this, as much as we wish they would be saved, how much more does the Lord?

Also remember is sharing the gospel there are four phases:
1. Plowing hardened ground
2. Planting
3. Watering
4. Harvesting.

We are called to do all four at various times. Let us simply obey God and the Joy of obedience will far outweigh the sorrow that we experience for those who reject the deep love of Jesus!

Maybe on day in heaven you may meet many people whom you shared with that started as hard hearted!

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi rose, I understand that sense of frustration.

But remember this, as much as we wish they would be saved, how much more does the Lord?

Also remember is sharing the gospel there are four phases:
1. Plowing hardened ground
2. Planting
3. Watering
4. Harvesting.

We are called to do all four at various times. Let us simply obey God and the Joy of obedience will far outweigh the sorrow that we experience for those who reject the deep love of Jesus!

Maybe on day in heaven you may meet many people whom you shared with that started as hard hearted!

Everything else makes sense, but could you please explain what you mean by each of the four stages of sharing the gospel?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything else makes sense, but could you please explain what you mean by each of the four stages of sharing the gospel?

Sure:

It is taken from this passage:

1 Corinthians 3:5-7
King James Version

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

1 Plowing the ground: People who are totally unwilling to hear . But the Word of God still may have an effect. Faith comes from hearing the word (Rom. 10)
2. Sowing the Seed- where we actually share the gospel with someone but they do not get saved.
3. Watering: Where we share with someone who has already had other believers befoe us share and encourage them to be saved. We are merely watering the seed someone esle planted.
4. Harvesting: This is where we share with someone and they pray with us to trust Christ for their salvation. At least two of the three steps prior took place, but God allowed us to reap the word others planted and watered!

But we all share in the joy of that soul being saved when we go home!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟239,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately all you can do is keep praying for them and don't stop talking about your faith in Jesus. Just continue to be patient, kind, and loving. It is very sad to see people to wrapped up in the world and their own desires to care. At my local church yesterday a guy shared his testimony on how he accepted Jesus Christ just to get his friend or who ever was nagging him to get out of his hair . I guess from what I understand he went to church for alittle bit then stopped going for a while, But he ended up coming back to church after feeling convicted to come back. But what a wonderful God and Saviour we have to stick with a man who didn't really care at first.

Upvote 0

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟239,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Heck no! NEVER!!! :D (The second part not the first.)
We will preach the gospel to all the ends of this earth and fulfill the great commission even if people don't care about the gospel. I could have sworn there was a story in the Bible where God wanted men to go speak to people about the gospel and they didn't want to because the people they were gonna preach to didn't Care about the gospel, but God told them to do it anyway. I don't remember though to be honest I'm gonna have to look it up.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The sower sows ... then theres patience, it takes time for things to grow; which is not exclusive only to those you would consider unsaved.

Upvote 0