Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
As somebody who loves Jesus very much it's very frustrating to me to try and share the good news to people who just don't have any interest in hearing it. I know it's their choice, but it still upsets me. Jesus loves them so, so, SO much and they just don't get it. :( Is there anything else that I can do? (Besides praying for them I guess.)

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
As somebody who loves Jesus very much it's very frustrating to me to try and share the good news to people who just don't have any interest in hearing it. I know it's their choice, but it still upsets me. Jesus loves them so, so, SO much and they just don't get it. :( Is there anything else that I can do? (Besides praying for them I guess.)
Keep trying the Lord loves you

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actions are louder than words. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Keep trying the Lord loves you

There's only so much trying I can do though. I don't want to be annoying about it either. It's sort of their own fault for acting so stubborn as sad as it is. :(

Send cards ?.....if you're in the UK the Christian Gift Company has some nice ones.

No,.. actually I live in the US.

Actions are louder than words. Be blessed.

Thank you, same to you, but how does that apply to this exactly?

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I guess I just have a guilty conscience. I feel bad even when there's nothing I can do about a situation to improve it or try to make a point when some people just don't get it and understand how I feel about something or someone,.. especially when it's as strong as my love for Christ. I feel the need to strive for perfection even though I know that it's impossible and that Christ is the only one whoever accomplished that.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I guess I just have a guilty conscience. I feel bad even when there's nothing I can do about a situation to improve it or try to make a point when some people just don't get it and understand how I feel about something or someone,.. especially when it's as strong as my love for Christ. I feel the need to strive for perfection even though I know that it's impossible and that Christ is the only one whoever accomplished that.
you seem to have a good heart :)

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
you seem to have a good heart :)

Thanks, I guess I better start taking my own advice to heart then,.. there's no such thing as a perfect Christian (except for Jesus) so I better quit being so hard on myself.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, I guess I better start taking my own advice to heart then,.. there's no such thing as a perfect Christian (except for Jesus) so I better quit being so hard on myself.
Keep on Truckin' :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I bought a great book 20 or so years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Common-Ground-Communicate-Christian/dp/0802440967

The book I think is very appropriate for this kind of thing.

But a few ideas from it. We largely live in a Post Christian Society. Where many people know the gist of Christianity, but have become hardened to it. Many of the Evangelism and Witnessing methods of earlier days have become much less effective than they were back 50+ years or so ago, so Christians need to rethink their approach. In many ways, Christians need to earn the right to be heard because their is a lot of skepticism and cynicism of the public and you sort of have to pay your dues before they can really think of you as a person, friend etc. rather than a religious zealot etc.

Now some people, find this sort of thing bad news, but as an introvert I do not; because this sort of thing is where introverts shine. And some of the ways of sharing the Gospel of the past etc. seemed a bit unnatural or violated basic social rules/norms etc. door knocking, street corner preaching etc. is a bit overly aggressive etc.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I also have come to realize that you can also share the love of Christ with your actions which is maybe what Maria meant. Just by offering a friendly smile or a helping hand to somebody less fortunate than you are is showing the love of Christ. :)

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I also have come to realize that you can also share the love of Christ with your actions which is maybe what Maria meant. Just by offering a friendly smile or a helping hand to somebody less fortunate than you are is showing the love of Christ. :)

Another great book that you might enjoy and find useful. In today's Covid 19 crazy world you might have to think a bit on how to do some stuff out of here, but it's a great approach.

https://www.amazon.com/Conspiracy-Kindness-Revised-Updated-Approach/dp/0830745726

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Here's a thing to keep in mind though,.. whatever I read has to be an easy read since I have special needs and have trouble reading lots of complicated things. :/

oh its definitely easy.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's only so much trying I can do though. I don't want to be annoying about it either. It's sort of their own fault for acting so stubborn as sad as it is. :(

We show our faith through our works. "Faith without works is dead". Unbelivers are more included to trust what you say if your actions are equally trustworthy.

No,.. actually I live in the US.

Thank you, same to you, but how does that apply to this exactly?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus told His disciples to, in effect, curse those who rejected the gospel message when He first sent them out on a missionary journey in Matt 10: 1-15.
Shaking the dust off your feet when leaving someone in that day was doing so or in essence constituted a sign of eschatological judgment and Jesus even went on to describe the magnitude.

Matt 10:14-15 ESV "And if anyone will not welcome you or listen to your message, shake the dust off your feet as you leave that house or that town. I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for the region of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town!" Jesus' words.

There are too many out there needing to be saved. Some are ripe, others are not and we are told NOT to give pearls to swine. Jesus also said, "Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you." Matt 7:6 ESV You must exercise wisdom and prayer in selecting those to share Christ with. Some actually do it with the intent of soliciting an attack from those they deem will reject the gospel so that they can play the poor old, but blessed, victim. If they reject it, move on. It is their right to believe whatever they want to and their right to accept responsibility thereof. It is the Lord who saves them, not you. He will have their heart ready or not. Of course, you can pray for them afterwards but God does NOT want any one to believe in Him out of compulsion.

It is a wonderful thing that you seem to have a heart for evangelizing but you must let God do the work. You are only the messenger. He predestines and ripens one for salvation in His time.

In my early years of being a Christian the Bible church (a smaller group) I belonged to ate dinner together on Wed night about 6 then went out in pairs sharing the Lord with people in their homes. The guy I went with had a VERY strong and persuasive personality. He was an excellent salesman (high pressure type) but I thought it not a good thing as he could convince someone to make the decision for the wrong reason(s) sometimes just to get a decision. One instance I can remember was very sad. After in the church for a yr or two and being disillusioned and disheartened the couple left; not just the church but the whole Christian scene and wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. And this was one of those times I thought he went overboard. They weren't ready and all confused. They needed more time but he could not wait. I was just a young 21 yr old and a recent babe in Christ and new member and he was supposed to be mentoring me so even though I suggested that less pressure might be in order one time in the car he quickly dismissed my idea. The Lord could come any time; don't put it off, and so on. (I should add that this visitation we did was normal and accepted by most in the society we were in almost a half century ago. Other than "snail" mail, face-to-face communication was all that we had (no computers or cell ph. or internet) for close and PRIVATE discussions (many ph lines had "party lines" where others could be listening undetected.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0