the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I’ve been a Christian as long as I can remember, but something did happen that challenged my faith.
When I was little, I thought, “If we pray to God, why don’t we pray to Satan?” So I did it. I prayed, “Dear Satan, can you please stop being bad?” When I had finished praying, I excitedly ran out and told my parents. They were horrified.
They told me that was wrong, but then they just forgot about it. I never did. At first, the only thing that bothered me was that I was wrong. Not that I sinned, but that my “good idea” was not what I thought it was.
I didn’t mean to, but I had given Satan a foothold in my life. I don’t even know if I repented for it, I don’t remember ever asking God for forgiveness.
As years passed, fear spread into every area of my life like a parasite. I didn’t know why this was happening at first, but when I got to the point that I was too scared to read the Bible and pray, I knew it was from Satan.
I had a dream where I was completely demon-possessed. Every time I opened my mouth, blasphemous words against God came out. I tried to wash myself clean with water, but instead of water I found a pool of venomous snakes.
The next morning my brother was talking about how demons can’t go near water. He heard it on the radio from a pastor. The pastor used examples in the Bible to explain it. That made my dream even more scary.
I talked to my parents and they prayed over me. My mom forced me to read the Bible. I’m so glad she did!
I read the Bible and prayed. I asked God to fight against the powers of Hell for me. Whenever I heard Satan, I would quote Bible verses about fear and say “GO AWAY SATAN!” It was scary, but eventually, I stopped feeling so much fear.

Upvote 0

jesuslover811

Dec 3, 2021
Nowhere
✟6,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was too scared to read the Bible .
I used to be like that too up until recently. I was afraid of god and thought he would condemn me for something im not even sure I did.

But for my testimony I grew up in a Lutheran school looking back on it now I never really understood anything I just did and believed what my parents told me we moved and stopped going to church I hit middle school and high school then lost faith. funny enough even thought I "lost faith" during really hard times when I thought I was gonna die I always prayed " dear god please save my life I owe you one" after a couple live saves I got around to looking into it again and rediscovered it like never before im only about a month or 2 into my faith again. I prayed on my knees for forgiveness and in both of my eyes I saw 2 flashes of light like lines going down my eyes. I have on idea what that could symbolize and it happened again while praying for him to come into my life. The second time I imagine he was just thinking " you stubborn child I showed you I love you and im in your life!" after that I just kept praying and before I understood the concept of faith is not based off feelings I would get super scared when I did not feel happy because I thought god had forsaken me. Really I should of just read that darn book!. Now my faith has grown alot stronger and even when I do not want to do anything or feel anything I still do my best.

sorry for bad grammar

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,977.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been to complete insanity and have come back thanks to Christ. I started hearing voices in the first week of my freshman year in college, at IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania). Shortly afterwards I went completely off the deep end. I thought that I had psychic powers and that the voices in my head were other people on campus talking to me, I was wandering around campus late at night screaming. One night the voices had me convinced that I was killing people with my powers and that I had to get away from campus to save their lives, I picked a direction and started walking. I walked across town and came to a dead end street and the town ended and the forest started. I kept walking. It was about 3am and I was just walking around out in the woods, there was a good 5 inches of snow on the ground and it was around 20 degrees out and nobody knew where I was. The voices were telling me to keep going, finally I heard something howling and that is when I decided to go back. I retraced my steps by following my footprints in the snow and eventually was back in town and I returned to IUP. I had friends and was going to class and was taking care of myself but in my world lots of strange things were happening. I paid my grandparents a visit (they lived close to IUP) and one night I was convinced that some people from school had followed me back from campus and were up in the attic watching me with hidden cameras, I took apart everything in the room trying to find the cameras. I could hear voices coming from the attic, I did not realize that I was hallucinating! I eventually landed in the psych ward at the local hospital and they put me on medication which did not work. I gave my life to Christ in 2003 and I was delivered from the voices and God restored me to a right frame of mind, I am now restored to normal health!

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,977.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My testimony of salvation- I gave my life to Jesus in the bathroom of a community college I was attending in 2003. I was sitting in class at night and I felt an evil presence come over me like it was trying to take control over me, immediately I got up and ran to the bathroom. I called the pastor of a local church who I was in touch with and for some reason he was still there at 7pm at night, I told him I needed to accept Jesus now. I got down on my knees and he led me in prayer and I asked Christ to forgive me of my sins and I turned my life over to him and I promised I would get rid of my drugs (I was a hardcore drug user). The weight of the world came off of me that night, I felt like I could float away! It was a lifetime of sin! The evil presence left never to return. As soon as I got home I flushed all of my drugs down the toilet ($500 worth in drugs) and then I went back out and threw my drug box along with all of my pipes and paraphernalia into the dumpster at a local truck stop.

Upvote 0