Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For one thing, Reagan did NOT make elective office his life's work like, for example, Joe Biden has done. We all know that his profession was as an actor and he only entered politics later in life.

lol, k

Ronald Reagan was a professional actor for 28 years, from 1937 to 1965.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001654/

He started campaigning for governor in 1965 and left the White House in 1989. That's 24 years as a professional politician.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol, k

Ronald Reagan - IMDb

He started campaigning for governor in 1965 and left the White House in 1989. That's 24 years as a professional politician.

"There you go again" stirring up trouble by citing facts.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Biden: "Kids used to come in the pool and touch my hairy legs and rub them down."

Biden: "So I learned about roaches and I learned about kids jumping on my lap. And I love kids jumping on my lap."

Yeah, I get that if one had a certain mindset, one could make something dirty of that. So how does that match up with:

Trump: "Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

Bush: "Whatever you want."

Trump: "Grab them by the (bleep). You can do anything."

Yeah, me too. No wonder people didn't believe the stuff about Biden and recognize Trump for what he is.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
lol, k

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001654/

Yes. So?

First off, "campaigning" does not make anyone one be in "elective office." And second, either way we look at that, it certainly does not represent the man having "made elective office his life's work."

I'm quoting what you wrote in both instances.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't matter. If the stories were true, why would they feel the need to fake evidence?

Same reason they faked Trump's photos and statements. It's why "fake news," became so popular.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
First off, "campaigning" does not make anyone one be in "elective office."

It does, however, make them a politician. Reagan had a long career in politics. And in between his acting career and politics, he was a union boss for years.

And second, either way we look at that, it certainly does not represent the man having "made elective office his life's work."

He considered being president, his life's work. So did Nancy, who said so. Nothing wrong with that. It was far more important and consequential than being a movie actor or running a union.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes. So?

First off, "campaigning" does not make anyone one be in "elective office." And second, either way we look at that, it certainly does not represent the man having "made elective office his life's work."

I'm quoting what you wrote in both instances.

So he was a politician almost as long as he was an actor and achieved far greater success as a politician than he ever did as an actor. Running for office makes you, at a minimum, a prospective professional politician; and he was elected governor in 1966, so it’s not like he spent a long time waiting in the wings. Politics has as much claim to being his “life’s work” as does acting. The notion that he wasn’t a professional politician like Biden is absurd.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So he was a politician almost as long as he was an actor and achieved far greater success as a politician than he ever did as an actor. Running for office makes you, at a minimum, a prospective professional politician; and he was elected governor in 1966, so it’s not like he spent a long time waiting in the wings.

All that's true. It's just not what you wrote.

I can appreciate that here you've reworked your original claims in order to make them more general and therefore more acceptable, but when I replied to that earlier post, I could only go on what was there on the page.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All that's true. It's just not what you wrote.

I can appreciate that here you've reworked your original claims in order to make them more general and therefore more acceptable, but when I replied to that earlier post, I could only go on what was there on the page.

I didn’t walk back or rework anything. What are you talking about?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So he was a politician almost as long as he was an actor and achieved far greater success as a politician than he ever did as an actor.

He was a competent journeyman actor; no small accomplishment, after all. But he was first and foremost a successful politician.

What are you talking about?

A quick repositioning of goal posts, it seems.

A lot of people don't realize how long Reagan was in politics. So it's not surprising that he didn't know.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Same reason they faked Trump's photos and statements.

There was some of that, to be sure. But his most despicable comments were on an open microphone; no way to hide from those.

I'm not aware of any Photoshopped pictures of Trump seriously presented as real. But some mocking pictures went over the line, IMO.

This one was not Photoshopped, BTW:
200210124007-trump-wh-lawn-0207-restricted-story-top.jpg

The mystery of Donald Trump's 'photoshopped' tan-face picture

But this one was:
president-trump-golfing.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was some of that, to be sure. But his most despicable comments were on an open microphone; no way to hide from those.

You come here and -try- to post dirt on Donald Trump. When this is a thread for conservative and right wing quotations.

If you don't stop and take your bs somewhere else.

I'll start dropping negative facts on democrats.

Trust me when I say I have far worse info on democrats, than they will ever have on Trump.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

You come here and -try- to post dirt on Donald Trump. When this is a thread for conservative and right wing quotations.

That was a right wing quotation. Trump said it on an open microphone. No point in denying it.

Trust me when I say I have far worse info on democrats, than they will ever have on Trump.

Perhaps you should start a thread on that, instead of telling us how great it will be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That was a right wing quotation. Trump said it on an open microphone. No point in denying it.

Some of the Trump "quotations" you're posting.

Came from the media's "anonymous unnamed sources". Who in that era essentially made up whatever silly nonsense they wanted.

"Trump is a nazi" certainly didn't age well. The majority today equate democrats with nazis far more than they do Trump. Thanks to democrats pushing nazi policies like pandemic lockdowns and vaccine mandates.

Perhaps you should start a thread on that, instead of telling us how great it will be.

If I did make a thread, would you take responsibility for it.

Would you say: "I provoked this reaction".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

"Trump is a nazi" certainly didn't age well.

Guess not. No one I know of, said it. He got support from Nazis, but that's not the same thing, is it?

David Duke, one of the US’s most notorious racist extremists, has reiterated his support for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign and suggested the president replace his current vice president, Mike Pence, with Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

Mr Duke is a renowned neo-Nazi antisemite and white supremacist who founded a Ku Klux Klan chapter in the early 1970s; since then, he has unsuccessfully run for office several times and endorsed various extremist figures and causes.

In a series of tweets late on Wednesday night, he wrote that “Trump & Tucker is the only way to stop the commie Bolsheviks! It is the only path to beat them! #TrumpTucker2020”
Former KKK leader endorses Trump for president again

iu

Nazis liking Trump isn't the same thing as Trump being a Nazi.

The majority today equate democrats with nazis far more than they do Trump.

Seems unlikely. Show us.

Thanks to democrats pushing nazi policies like pandemic lockdowns and vaccine mandates.

That would be kind of weird, considering that both of those in America, predate the Nazis by a lot of years.
If I did make a thread, would you take responsibility for it.

You are a right-winger, aren't you? Personal responsibility just isn't their thing.

Upvote 0