Share your favorite political quotations from right wing conservatives

Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, it's understandable. He got a huge tax cut when Trump's tax plan when through. The people who buy his music will have a large tax increase because of the law Trump got passed.

But why should he care? He's rich.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Potential $5 trillion in "infrastructure spending".

Will be funded through tax hikes eventually.

Is it just me, or is the definition of "right wing conservative" a bit... loose?

Someone quoted Glenn Beck who I haven't thought of as a right wing conservative in years.

So I posted the 50 cent quote, as it could be worth a laugh to someone.

50 cent and Glenn Beck are around the same degree of "right wing conservative" imo.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Potential $5 trillion in "infrastructure spending".

Will be funded through tax hikes eventually.

We could fund it just by repairing the damage to the tax structure done in the last 4 years.
Of course, Trump would lose the lavish tax cuts he treated himself to...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Someone quoted Glenn Beck who I haven't thought of as a right wing conservative in years.
I agree, as does most of the Conservative movement.

Glenn Beck has been on his own personal wavelength for some years now after bouncing around between different viewpoints.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am conservative but I never understand why conservatives thinks these two quote are so great

“Government is not the solution to our problem government is the problem.” President Reagan said this during his 1st Inaugural Address in 1981.
Funny thing is before he said this, he spent 8 years as governor, and then ran around the country to be President for 5 years and asking people to elect him to be “ Head of the government”, and when he became head of the government, he says “government is the problem” . If you think government is the problem, why on earth you spent most of your life in the government...?

For one thing, Reagan did NOT make elective office his life's work like, for example, Joe Biden has done. We all know that his profession was as an actor and he only entered politics later in life.

But the fact that he--and many others like him--chose to run for office hoping to reform the system does not mean that he was happy and satisfied with government as it was functioning at that time. Such a notion is both uninformed and illogical.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For one thing, Reagan did NOT make elective office his life's work like, for example, Joe Biden has done. We all know that his profession was as an actor and he only entered politics later in life.

Problem was, he couldn't separate the two, particularly in the last six years of his administration, when he wasn't as alert as he needed to be.

The common joke:

"I'm not a president, I just play one in the White House."
Ronald Reagan

Was somewhat unfair, but toward the end of his presidential career, it was awfully close to being true.

Nevertheless, Reagan, unlike many republican politicians today, did love America, and intended to do whatever was best for most Americans.

Who can read his description of America as "a shining city on a hill" regarding his open policy for immigration, without feeling admiration for him and America?

Most of the bad things that came about were done by underlings who betrayed his trust in them.

And while he sowed some wild oats in his early and middle years, no one ever accused him of assaulting women or treating them with disrespect. He would probably have tossed most of the Trump appointees (and Trump) out the window, if they had been in his administration.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MNcolombus.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

From the Link:

The news outlet reported that while Trump denied making the remark to Kelly, several unidentified sources said Kelly “told the president that he was wrong, but Trump was undeterred.”
Ah, the old "unidentified sources". In other words - hearsay statements made by unidentified, unverifiable sources.

It is like saying I have unidentified sources saying that Joe Biden once was found in a closet with Nancy Pelosi, both naked, and people actually would publish it, print it and pay money to read about it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is like saying I have unidentified sources saying that Joe Biden once was found in a closet with Nancy Pelosi, both naked, and people actually would publish it, print it and pay money to read about it.

Well, stuff like that actually happened. During the campaign, there were a number of accusations of sexual misconduct targeting Joe Biden. Partially because the sources were so unreliable, and partially because the accusations were so ludicrous given Biden's observed behavior, they didn't get any traction.

On the other hand, the story concerning Donald Trump came from reliable people and was entirely consistent with Trump's known behavior and political tendencies, so people believed it.

That's how things go. People notice behavior.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, stuff like that actually happened. During the campaign, there were a number of accusations of sexual misconduct targeting Joe Biden. Partially because the sources were so unreliable, and partially because the accusations were so ludicrous given Biden's observed behavior, they didn't get any traction.

On the other hand, the story concerning Donald Trump came from reliable people and was entirely consistent with Trump's known behavior and political tendencies, so people believed it.

That's how things go. People notice behavior.

Except that they showed videos of Joe Biden sniffing female's hair and touching inappropriately

I'm sure Trump, being a wealthy man, had females trying to seduce him over the years who became
sex abuse accusers when he became president. It's par for the course for wealthy men.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Except that they showed videos of Joe Biden sniffing female's hair and touching inappropriately

The Photoshopped pictures were easily outed, and just reinforced the impression that the accusations were false. Most people concluded that if there was any truth to it, there wouldn't be a need to lie.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure Trump, being a wealthy man, had females trying to seduce him over the years who became
sex abuse accusers when he became president.

I guess his boasting about getting away with sexual assault (when he didn't know the microphone was on) had something to do with people concluding that he was a slimeball.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Photoshopped pictures were easily outed, and just reinforced the impression that the accusations were false. Most people concluded that if there was any truth to it, there wouldn't be a need to lie.

They were photoshopped ?

This wasn't according to Lucy Flores......

and other creepy behavior

Joe Biden hasn’t changed his behavior with girls and women. For his base, that might be fine.

I did find one story about one photograph that was photoshopped to make Biden's hand on the female's waist to appear higher than it was.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They were photoshopped ?

Yep.

This wasn't according to L

None of those images show Biden with his hands on Rodrigo's shoulders. They show the duo taking selfies and wearing aviators.

Photo of Biden from 2015, previously misused
This isn't the first time social media users have shared altered or misleading footage to portray Biden as sexually inappropriate.

The manipulated image in the Facebook post uses a 2015 photo of Biden at the swearing-in ceremony of then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter at the Pentagon. In it, Biden is shown leaning toward Carter's wife, Stephanie, with his hands on her shoulders.
Fact check: Altered photo of Joe Biden, Olivia Rodrigo at briefing

FACT CHECK: Does This Image Show Joe Biden Touching Olivia Rodrigo’s Shoulders?
Verdict: False

Biden has been photoshopped into the photo.

Fact Check:

The “Drivers License” singer visited the White House last week as part of the Biden administration’s effort to encourage more young people to get COVID-19 vaccinations, according to the Associated Press. Following her White House visit, some social media users started sharing an altered image appearing to show Biden touching her shoulders.

In the original picture taken by photographer Oliver Contreras for Bloomberg in the White House briefing room, only Rodrigo and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki can be seen. Biden did not attend the July 14 briefing in which Rodrigo participated, a review of the transcript and footage from the briefing shows.

Biden has been digitally edited into the photo of Rodrigo and Psaki in the briefing room.
FACT CHECK: Does This Image Show Joe Biden Touching Olivia Rodrigo’s Shoulders?

Fact Check: Photo Does NOT Show Biden Groping White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki
No, that's not true: this is a photoshopped revision of an image that had already been photoshopped. The original photo, from a 2013 holiday party, does not show Biden (bleep). The first alteration, debunked by Lead Stories in April 2020, moved Biden's hands (bleep). The latest cut-and-paste job removes that woman's face, replacing it with that of Biden's press secretary.
Fact Check: Photo Does NOT Show Biden Groping White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki | Lead Stories

There's a lot of this out there. But once the fact-checkers caught a few of them the whole thing collapsed. The operative question is "if Biden actually was doing this stuff, why did Trump's people have to fake it?"

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess his boasting about getting away with sexual assault (when he didn't know the microphone was on) had something to do with people concluding that he was a slimeball.

Biden: "Kids used to come in the pool and touch my hairy legs and rub them down."

Biden: "So I learned about roaches and I learned about kids jumping on my lap. And I love kids jumping on my lap."

Upvote 0