Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My bedroom : ) It's quiet, cozy, and peaceful because every now and then I can look out the window and see a bit of nature + the birds in the background during warmer seasons. That or the living room near the big front window where I can see even more plants and flowers, trees, people walking around the neighborhood, their dogs, cars.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
what is your favorite book nook and why?

describe its awesomeness to us!
I sit at the only place I can - a little table where I eat and use my computer.

I had a favorite study place when I was a kid - a small oval marble-topped (it LOOKED like marble) table with a lamp. I sat in an easy chair.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I used to love to sit in a smal park in downtown Montreal off St. Catherine St. in the summer and read while watching people pass by. I liked being in the fantasy world of books, while observing from a distance the hustle and bustle of the real world.

Now, there is a small room downstairs with a day bed that has a soft lamp, several walls full of books, and I enjoy sitting quietly down there with a glass of wine while reading in solitude and peace.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To read on the bible in bed during the 10-30 minutes just before going to sleep. I like how the total quiet and distracting things gone helps me really listen deeply.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I love to read sitting on my bed in my room. I can look out the window and sit and enjoy the comfortable bed quilt and pillows.

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
mine is in an octagonal cove in the living room, surrounded by windows overlooking the lake and the big, big sky, through huge floor to ceiling windows, with the sun beaming down on me

there is a radiator there keeping me warm as I snuggle on an old love seat with my favorite snowflake fleece blanket, and a cup of hazelnut coffee

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The best place to read is in my room. It’s quiet so I can concentrate without interuptions.
can you describe its loveliness-such as why its so quiet and what accouterments do you have?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love reading in bed at the end if the day before sleep it is usually a Psalm last thing.
In the morning a read before I get up.
I prefer to read where it is quiet.
I have always loved books and could never contemplate not reading.
One of my happy memories as a child was joining the library - it was a smorgasbord of books! :D

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love reading in bed at the end if the day before sleep it is usually a Psalm last thing.
In the morning a read before I get up.
I prefer to read where it is quiet.
I have always loved books and could never contemplate not reading.
One of my happy memories as a child was joining the library - it was a smorgasbord of books! :D
Yes, reading in bed last thing at night does calm the mind; and I can understand why you especially would read the Psalms.

In fact these my wife and I are reading Psalms in the evening.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

for grades K and 1 , used to go to the school to pick up child and there was a big line to get your child, and since kids were dismissed one at a time, people would line up early (like 45 min. early)
on nice weather days, I was one of those early people and read a couple books that way standing in line feeling the sun on my back and sometimes enjoying a nice breeze :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
for grades K and 1 , used to go to the school to pick up child and there was a big line to get your child, and since kids were dismissed one at a time, people would line up early (like 45 min. early)
on nice weather days, I was one of those early people and read a couple books that way standing in line feeling the sun on my back and sometimes enjoying a nice breeze :)
Oh, it's great to devour a book outside in the yard; the time just goes by so fast! Trouble is, our lives are so busy that there is less time to do it than one would like...

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums