Share your anecdotes of psi, paranormal, etc.

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we both remember the same events to this day - years later, and we have no naturalistic theories to explain them.
Any spiritual theories?
You have heard of tulpas I'm sure. Maybe somebody somewhere was obsessed with the idea of a stagecoach until it became what you happened to see. LOL just a thought
Tulpa - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Any spiritual theories?
You have heard of tulpas I'm sure. Maybe somebody somewhere was obsessed with the idea of a stagecoach until it became what you happened to see. LOL just a thought
Tulpa - Wikipedia
Yes, it is suggested that it may be possible. The Lord Buddha taught that a very highly disciplined mind can reveal supranormal powers, if one intently trains to acquire them:

"And what is the miracle of psychic power? There is the case where a certain person wields manifold psychic powers. Having been one he becomes many; having been many he becomes one. He appears. He vanishes. He goes unimpeded through walls, ramparts, & mountains as if through space. He dives in and out of the earth as if it were water. He walks on water without sinking as if it were dry land. Sitting cross-legged he flies through the air like a winged bird. With his hand he touches and strokes even the sun & moon, so mighty & powerful. He exercises influence with his body even as far as the Brahma worlds. This is called the miracle of psychic power." (AN 3.60)

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I was driving down a street approaching a certain intersection of two major streets. You know know they have those traffic reports on the radio about where accidents have happened? I was listening to a report which said there had just been a major accident at the intersection I was approaching. I was barely paying attention except for the fact that it caught my ear that they mentioned the intersection I was approaching. About ten seconds after hearing the report of the accident, I pulled up to the intersection and saw no wrecked cars anywhere near there; there was no accident. As I was sitting at the red light, I saw two cars slam into each very violently. Apparently the accident occurred about ten seconds after the radio report of the accident.

If no one else noticed, what was the message to you?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know. Drive safely?

I only wondered because that was really something,

a voice from a radio telling of something that has happened before it happens,
if others had noticed it should have made world news.

I do not myself believe in coincidence,

Though could well be, drive safely,

Haha, if you are like some, steering with their knees, texting with one hand,
and a hamburger in the other.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. Drive safely?
I wonder if it saved your life? You might have approached the intersection more cautiously looking for an accident, and that prevented you from being involved in the accident?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,800.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
if others had noticed it should have made world news.
Yeah it could have made world news. If others had noticed something remarkable like that we all could have testified to it. Maybe used a medium like writing, you know, make a "Testament". Of course making world news doesn't necessary mean everyone will believe it. Some people are prejudiced against believing such things for one reason or other. :)

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I only have one, almost a year ago to the day. My brother threw a birthday party for his 2 yr old son. After outdoor games I was pretty drenched and asked him if I could borrow a dry shirt. We go in his room upstairs and 20 seconds later his very high strung 7 yr old niece starts slamming his bedroom door from the hallway with my nephew's toy hockey stick. So she gets yelled at, she could have easily chipped the door up she was hitting it so hard, so then we go downstairs.

About an hour later I go to use the bathroom in the basement. Because of the baby there's a child safety over the knob so you always have to pull it shut, listen for the click, and follow up with the push test to make sure it's shut. I go down the steps, go into the bathroom, then say to myself "Ok you might wanna lock the door there's a lot of people upstairs!" I turn back to the door and go to lock it...with my hand still on the knob and my face 2 inches from the door there are 2 hard significant knocks directly in front of my face on the door.

I immediately roll my eyes and open the door thinking to myself 'Hockey stick!' Nothing. My first instinct is to go to the bottom of the steps and look up to see if the door is still closed, it is. I search the entire basement, nothing.

I go up the stairs and open the door which leads to their kitchen. My brother and his wife are busy preparing deserts and with my foot still in the door I ask if his niece was downstairs? Paying me only half a mind he tells me they all left and went home. So I go back down to do a 2nd search, nothing.

So I tell him what happened and he's trying to tell me I was hearing noise from all the people upstairs lol. It is a quiet basement! I said dude the bangs were on the door directly in front of me at the tip of my nose!! He shrugged me off.

Yeah that was very strange!! That's my only paranormal story. I'm dying to see a UFO one day but never have yet!

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I only have one, almost a year ago to the day. My brother threw a birthday party for his 2 yr old son. After outdoor games I was pretty drenched and asked him if I could borrow a dry shirt. We go in his room upstairs and 20 seconds later his very high strung 7 yr old niece starts slamming his bedroom door from the hallway with my nephew's toy hockey stick. So she gets yelled at, she could have easily chipped the door up she was hitting it so hard, so then we go downstairs.

About an hour later I go to use the bathroom in the basement. Because of the baby there's a child safety over the knob so you always have to pull it shut, listen for the click, and follow up with the push test to make sure it's shut. I go down the steps, go into the bathroom, then say to myself "Ok you might wanna lock the door there's a lot of people upstairs!" I turn back to the door and go to lock it...with my hand still on the knob and my face 2 inches from the door there are 2 hard significant knocks directly in front of my face on the door.

I immediately roll my eyes and open the door thinking to myself 'Hockey stick!' Nothing. My first instinct is to go to the bottom of the steps and look up to see if the door is still closed, it is. I search the entire basement, nothing.

I go up the stairs and open the door which leads to their kitchen. My brother and his wife are busy preparing deserts and with my foot still in the door I ask if his niece was downstairs? Paying me only half a mind he tells me they all left and went home. So I go back down to do a 2nd search, nothing.

So I tell him what happened and he's trying to tell me I was hearing noise from all the people upstairs lol. It is a quiet basement! I said dude the bangs were on the door directly in front of me at the tip of my nose!! He shrugged me off.

Yeah that was very strange!! That's my only paranormal story. I'm dying to see a UFO one day but never have yet!
I may have seen a UFO once, but it was very small. I wish I could have seen it through binoculars, so I would know.

Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I may have seen a UFO once, but it was very small. I wish I could have seen it through binoculars, so I would know.
My dad was one of those people who rolls his eyes at any type of paranormal story, but he had 1 UFO story when he was 12 playing a game of baseball in a field with a group of friends. He told that story every so often if the subject came around. It's very interesting when a super hard skeptic has a story like that. He told me that they were all walking home saying that nobody's gonna believe us because we're kids.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm...

I remember once when I was 12 my parents and sisters went out somewhere for the night, and I was left home alone. It was winter time and very cold outside. That night I was watching TV in the dark when I heard a sound coming from the basement. The sound startled me. Eventually I worked up the courage to go down stairs and check out what is was. The door to the basement was shut.. so I slowly walked down the stairs and opened the door when suddenly "MEEEEOOOOWWW!" My cat jumped out and darted upstairs. This almost gave me a heart attack. "Stupid cat.." I thought to myself.

I then proceeded up the stairs and continued watching TV. 11 years later I suddenly realized that I never had... a ... cat.

Upvote 0